Now that you’re feeling refreshed from the weekend, it’s time to take a deep dive into San Diego Comic-Con updates, and we have a few. We have the very vaguest of answers about an appearance for Once Upon a Time, as well as commission list updates, gaming companies, and much more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Legion World gave us a look at their Legion of Superheroes anniversary edition cover that will be available at SDCC this year.
This year's anniversary booklet is hot off the presses and ready to be given out at San Diego Comic-Con 2017 @Comic_Con pic.twitter.com/IScLjCAifM
— Legion World (@legionworld) June 2, 2017
- Once Upon a Time announced a huge shake-up in their cast at the end of this past season. Of the original cast members, only Lana Parilla (Regina/The Evil Queen), Robert Carlyle (Rumplestilstkin/Mr. Gold), and Colin O’Donoghue (Killian/Captain Hook) will return for the next season – while Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan) will return for only one episode. This begs the question: Will Once Upon a Time still be at their usual spot in Ballroom 20 on Saturday morning, and with whom? Show producer Adam Horowitz did not shed much light on this, stating only that “nothing has been announced yet”. To be continued.
Nothing has been announced yet
— Adam Horowitz (@AdamHorowitzLA) June 1, 2017
- You might remember in our last Under the Tents, we talked about Adrianna Vanderstelt’s latest gouache mermaid painting. Recently, she posted a work-in-progress video to give us a little peak at her latest mermaid piece. It’s not quite finished yet, but when it is, we’re sure it will be beautiful.
- Our friends at Ninjabot are very happy with the way their first sticker pack turned out. Look for them and more stickers at Small Press Booth #L-08.
- Artist Bill Walko announced via Tumblr that his commission list for SDCC is now open. He doesn’t have many slots open, so if you’re interested, message him now.
- Film critic/movie nerd Melissa Howland announced she will be holding a panel at SDCC this year with frequent collaborator Anastasia Washington.
- It’s not really a surprise that Weta Workshop has SDCC on their con schedule this year. However, their list of featured artists is still to be announced, so check back soon to see who they’re bringing this year.
- Author/comic writer Cavan Scott also has SDCC on his schedule this year. He’s encouraging us to check back soon for more details.
- Drive creator/author Dave Kellett gave us a glimpse at the Drive pin he’s created that will be available exclusively at SDCC 2017 and to his Patreon supporters.
- Gaming company The Behemoth added SDCC 2017 to their con schedule. They haven’t provided any other details just yet, except that they’ll be there as of Preview Night, but their setups in the past have offered arcade cabinets, raffles, merch, and more. We’ll keep an eye on them and post more details, especially their booth location, as soon as we know more.
- Steampunk designers Steampunk Fortress will finally be at SDCC this year at Booth #A-06.
@PBWritersRoom I am FINALLY going to be an exhibitor at #SDCC this year. I will be at table A-06 #SteampunkFortress
— StarrWilde (@StarrWilde) June 3, 2017
- Unknown Comic Books released the finished version of their cover for Venomverse #1, set to debut at SDCC 2017.
Here is the final image for our Edge Of Venomverse 1! This will be first available at SDCC as a con exclusive. https://t.co/j2Qt4rSXJT pic.twitter.com/FxrNDReha0
— Unknown Comic Books (@Unknown_Comics) June 3, 2017
- Marvel/DC artist Todd Nauck will be at SDCC this year in Artists Alley at Table #II-01. If you’re interested in commissions, check his website, toddnauck.com, for details as we get closer to con.
I will be at SDCC Artist Alley table ii-01. 😀
— Todd Nauck (@ToddNauck) June 3, 2017
- Jonathan La Mantia showed us the final pinup for the SDCC exclusive ashcan for Voracious.
- Writer Donny Cates replied to an eager tweeter that SDCC will be included in his list of con appearances this year.
Thank you! Yeah, Heroes con, Id10t, SDCC, Baltimore, and NYCC. FOR NOW
— DONNY CATES (@Doncates) June 3, 2017
- J. Scott Campbell confirmed via Twitter that the “D” variant cover for the Mary Jane Avengers series is intended for SDCC only.
That is planned for San Diego, correct
— J. Scott Campbell♠️🎨 (@JScottCampbell) June 3, 2017
- “Real Life Iron Man” Richard Browning has scheduled a flight demo for Thursday, July 20, in the “early evening” sometime. If you’d like to be on their priority list for the event and receive updates, they have a form for you to fill out.
- Webcomic artist Joe Dunn informed us via Twitter that he will have prints of his Wonder Woman art available at SDCC this year.
We're planning to get some printed up for SDCC in July. I'll make sure Phil sets one aside for you. 🙂
— Joe Dunn (@joedunn721) June 3, 2017
- Warframe and Top Cow comics have teamed up to create a new comic book series based on the Warframe game. The first issue will be handed out free at SDCC this year to anyone who wants one.
- Disney artist James Silvani has put out a last call for SDCC commissions. If you’re interested, shoot him an email at [email protected] today.
Last call on @DenverComicCon @DisneyD23 Expo and @Comic_Con commission preorders. Silvaniart at gmail for details
— James Silvani (@SilvaniArt) June 4, 2017
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.