Are we having fun yet?! San Diego Comic-Con is officially less than two weeks away – and you are either so excited, or so terrified by all that’s yet to do before then (or, y’know, somewhere in the middle!). We inch closer to having a fuller picture of the convention with the latest news on Katie Cook, Genuine Haha, and Sho Murase – as well as word of how you can be part of the Supergirl panel this year, plus some news about the Game of Thrones offsite.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- The incomparable Katie Cook (who, if you aren’t familiar, you should at least recognize her work from the monthly Katie Can Draw series from Comic-Con International), will have “piles of books” available at Comic-Con, pre-signed.
- Artist Mako Fufu has opened commissions for San Diego Comic-Con, with prices starting at just $30 for a pencil sketch. You can find more information, including how to get on her list before it closes, on Instagram.
- Sho Murase revealed some blank sketch covers she created with marker that she’ll have at her booth at Comic-Con. Find her in Artist Alley at Table GG-24.
- Disney artist and animator Lorelay Bove may just be our favorite discovery of this San Diego Comic-Con. She announced another original painting, featuring Daenerys Targaryen, that she’ll have at SDCC at the Gallery Nucleus Booth #2643.
- Swing by Artist Alley FF-18 to visit with Scott Blair and score a free Vamps vs Wolves Florida postcard, while supplies last!
— Scott Blair Art (@scottblairart) July 5, 2017
- I am Groot. You can also score this teenage Groot copic market sketch at Blair’s booth.
- Chris Ryell, Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief at IDW, showed off a new wraparound cover by Ashley Wood for the SDCC-exclusive hardcover collection of Wood’s Doomed stories (adapted by Ryell and Ted Adams).
- While details are still scarce about HBO’s Game of Thrones “Winter is Here” offsite this year – of course the Iron Throne is still coming. Highlight Hollywood publicist Tommy Lightfoot Garrett gave a look on the throne, which is being prepared for the con.
- Calling all Supergirl Super-fans! If you have a question you would like asked at the panel, then make sure that you submit them to Entertainment Tonight’s Leanne Aguilera on Twitter.
— Leanne Aguilera (@leanneaguilera) July 6, 2017
- The Beast is Back will have several mini screen prints, plus 4×6 print sets, available at the convention. The pieces are printed on French Construction Grout Gray, and you can find more information on Instagram.
- The force is strong with these Genuina Haha Tony Bui stickers. Bui showed off two of his four new stickers debuting at the convention, which are limited to 150 pieces each. Want to score them? Move at hyperspeed to Small Press L-06.
- Allison Sohn offered a sneak peek at the new over to a new sketchbook cover for Adam Hughes, which will be available at SDCC.
- I’m sorry, did you really think that we could do an entire Under the Tents without some crochet critters? How wrong you are, my friend! Geeky Hooker gave a look at several more critters – from Bob’s Burgers, Pokemon, and more – that she’ll be dropping throughout the convention. This batch was created by The Unknown Orchard, but like all the others, you can catch them by following along with The Geeky Hooker on Twitter or Facebook.
— Geeky Hooker (@GeekyHooker) July 5, 2017
- Oh, I’m sorry, did you think there was only going to be one mention of crocheted critters at San Diego Comic-Con? You’re really not on your game today. Carmen Ruder offered a peek at a Bob’s Burgers Louise who will be dropped at the convention by, you guessed it, The Geeky Hooker!