Folks, we are in full-blown, Red Alert, SDCC prep mode here at the Unofficial Blog. But that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop bringing you the best SDCC news out there. In fact, we’re working harder than ever to make sure everyone is prepared to have the best SDCC experience possible.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- MTV and Jolly Rancher want to give you a chance to get into this year’s MTV Fandom Fest, on Friday, July 22. All entries must be received by midnight tonight — so hurry!
— MTV (@MTV) July 10, 2017
- If you’re a fan of Alex Ross’s art, you’ll want to visit Booth #2415, where you’ll find this “Hulk: Shadows” print along with more of his fine work.
— Alex Ross (@thealexrossart) July 13, 2017
- We all love a good mash-up, and artist Val Hochberg has produced an adorable one with her Star Wars/Harry Potter piece. Look for this and more of her work at Small Press Table #N-12.
The #HarryPotter / #StarWars mashup I never knew I needed until now! Another one-of-a-kind original arts that will be for sale at #SDCC next weekend. Stop by Small Press Table N-12 as soon as you can for the best selections! These cuties can go fast! 🙂 Hope you like it! #gryffindor #rey #slytherin #kyloren #hufflepuff #finn #ravenclaw #poe #sorrynotsorry #mashup #valhochberg
- Disney artist Brittney Lee just can’t stay away from her toucans. She took to Instagram to post another mini-painting she’ll have available at Booth #5551.
- Are you visiting Ninjabot’s Small Press Table #L-08 next week? You should, because among the rest of his brilliant work, he’ll have Pop Cats Vol 1 hot off the presses and available for you.
- Black Heroes Matter is planning another flash mob this year on Friday, July 21 after the Exhibit Hall floor closes. The event will take place at the Convention Center’s grand staircase.
— Black Heroes Matter® (@BHMatter) July 13, 2017
— Black Heroes Matter® (@BHMatter) July 14, 2017
- Fanbase Press is excited to announce that the creative team of the comic book series, Quince, will be appearing at the Geekscape’s Booth #3919 at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 22, 2017, from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Creators Kit Steinkellner (Writer, Z: The Beginning of Everything), Emma Steinkellner (Artist, Ayzenberg), and Sebastian Kadlecik (Creator, Penguins vs. Possums) will be signing limited edition 11” x 14” prints featuring the cover of the upcoming Quince trade paperback (shown below) for the first 100 attendees to stop by the booth.
- Sci-Fi/fantasy publisher DAW Books showed a teaser of the awesome swag that will be included in the SDCC exclusive October Daye Box. Since DAW is part of Penguin, you’ll have to check three locations for this: Booth #1514, 1515, or 4020.
— DAW Books (@dawbooks) July 14, 2017
- “I see you comin’ down on the scene…” No, this isn’t Jimi Hendrix’s “Foxey Lady.” Multi-talented artist Camilla d’Errico will have her own Foxy Lady at her Booth #4723 on the Exhibit Hall floor.
Meet my "Foxy Lady" 🦊🌈👩 I'm so excited to show you my finished painting that I spent many months working on! So much fur baby!! Sometimes I didn't think I'd make it, but dozens of layers and many tubes of paint later I finished her. It's a true #TGIF moment ha ha! I'm excited to début prints of her at #SanDiegoComicCon next week at my booth #4723 AND offer prints online on store.camilladerrico.com ☺️💖(link is in my bio ✌️) As an artist I work alone in my artist cave and dive deep into my art, going to cons and talking to you online in comments really makes me happy because I get to hear how my work spreads joy into the world. 💘 My goal as an artist it to bring beauty and love into this world 🌎💖 So I hope you like my new painting and that she and her foxy friend make your day a little more colorful ❤️💛💚💙💜 #artistlife #somanycolors #itssofluffy
- Sho Murase has such a unique style to her art that we can’t help but admire her work. Here are some samples of what you’ll find when you visit her in Artists Alley at Table #GG-24.
- Candlewick Press is giving away free swag at their Booth #5532 during SDCC. Follow them on Twitter to find out when they’ll be handing out free goodies.
— Candlewick Press (@Candlewick) July 14, 2017
- Artist Todd Nauck posted an image of the KittyPride piece that will be raffled off at Gabriel Eltaeb’s Preview Night fundraiser. You can find all the work he has available at Table #II-01 in Artists Alley.
— Todd Nauck (@ToddNauck) July 13, 2017
- Ashley Eckstein posted what we can expect from her Her Universe fashion line at SDCC this year. Look for these at Booth #1321 in the Exhibit Hall.
Here is a first look at the new styles coming to San Diego Comic-Con 2017! The new collections will also be available online next week. pic.twitter.com/hfsJE6PbQ7
— Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) July 14, 2017
- We all loved Storm’s mohawk in X-Men: Apocalypse. Rhiannon Owens shows her appreciation in her latest print headed for Artists Alley Table #FF-03.
— Rhiannon Owens 💜 (@RhiannonDrewIt) July 14, 2017
- IDW Publishing wanted to remind everyone to avoid the chaos in the Exhibit Hall and pre-order their SDCC exclusives. You can find the link for their pre-orders in the tweet below. We find that to be sage advice.
— IDW Publishing (@IDWPublishing) July 14, 2017
- Symbiote Studios has to have the best contests at Booth #5636. They’re inviting you to play rock-paper-scissors with them for a chance to win a free Catnip Bravo plush bag. You can’t lose, because they’ll give you a free exclusive keychain just for playing.
— Symbiote Studios (@symbiotestudios) July 14, 2017
- Konami is offering a discount code for their Yu-Gi-Oh! t-shirts only at Booth #3713 at SDCC.
— Yu-Gi-Oh! (@yugioh) July 14, 2017
- Warner Bros. is getting into the SDCC spirit by giving away Supernatural gift packs. To enter, RT this tweet and tell them who you relate most to: Sam or Dean. All entries must be received by 10AM PT on Sunday, July 16, and you have to be 18 or older to qualify. The full rules can be found here.
— Warner Bros. TV (@warnerbrostv) July 14, 2017
To view the full official rules, go to: https://t.co/snOd1IKZmW
— Warner Bros. TV (@warnerbrostv) July 14, 2017
- Visit artist Rosemary Reeve at the SDCC Art Show at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and pick up this TARDIS mini-print free. Watch her Instagram for previews of what she’ll have on display and for sale at the show.
Find/visit my display panel at the #SDCC2017 Art Show next week and pick up a FREE mini #TARDIS print! Most of my Art Show paintings can be previewed at colorsbyrosemary.com right now. Instagram previews will hopefully all go up on Monday! And remember that the Art Show is in Grand Ballroom C at the Manchester Grand Hyatt this year! #DoctorWho #SDCC #SDCC17 #SDCCexclusive #ComicCon
- Justin Harder posted yet another collage for SDCC. He may be more excited about it than we are (and that’s a bold statement). Look for him at the CLAUS Studios Small Press Table #O-08.
— Justin C. Harder (@clausstudios) July 14, 2017
- Kymera Press posted a long-awaited first-look at their latest release, Mary Shelley Presents…, which is set to debut at SDCC. Hurry to their Booth #2003 and get your signed copy.
A preview of 'Mary Shelley Presents…' Issue 1, which will be on sale at San Diego Comic Con next week. Written by Nancy Holder, Art by Amelia Woo, Colors by Sandra Molina and Letters by Saida Temofonte. Stop by Booth 2003 at #SDCC to pick up a copy and get it signed by Nancy! #sdcc2017 #comicart #maryshelley #elizabethgaskell #gothic #gothichorror #preview #sneakpeek #nancyholder #ameliawoo #sandramolina #saidatemofonte #kymerapress
- There may be nothing Camilla d’Errico can’t do. From paintings to prints to fine china, she has it all. Now, she’s adding clothing to her collection. When you visit her at Booth #4723, you’ll find pieces from her new clothing line she has been working on with Live Heroes. Here she is modeling one of her own tank tops.
#SDCC is just around the corner 😱😆 I have so many cool things to show you lovelies! Behind the scenes I've been working with @liveheroes to make a stunning line of clothing for the con AND online!! What what!! New clothing ba-boom! 💓🙌 ONLINE link is https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/camilla-derrico 💕 Here's an extra special surprise for you beauties, use code CamillaD25 for 25%off your order online! How's that for a #TGIF surprise 😙For those coming to #sandiegocomiccon you can find me and some amazing unique pieces at my booth #4723! I couldn't wait to show off this new line I even tried to model it 💃🏻ha ha my selfie game isn't the best but I hope you like the clothes! Hop over to liveheroes.com to treat yourselves! ☺💕 #newclothes #summertimefun #dresstoimpress
- Our good friend Patrick Ballesteros always has the most adorable pieces in his 25 Cent Wonder line, and we know you’ll go batty over this latest piece. It’s just a part of a whole, however, so you’ll have to visit Table #DD-08 in Artists Alley to see the whole picture.
Can't forget about this 'Lil detective. Who in the world could he be catching? What nursery crime is being foiled? Well I guess you"ll have to stop by Artist Alley DD-08 at #sdcc to find out! Part 3 of the quadriptych "THE SILLY STRING SQUAD." . #25centwonders #patrickballesteros #illustration #artistalley #batman #sandiegocomiccon #instaart
- Artist Diana Leto is hard at work to bring her art to SDCC. Find her and her amazing work at Big Wow Comic Fest’s Booth #1300.
- Artist Sean Forney is working hard on his Wonder Woman piece he’ll have at Table #AA-15 in Artists Alley.
— Sean Forney SDCC (@SeanForneyArt) July 14, 2017
- You can get a taste of what Jen Bartel will have available at Booth 2047 in her tweet, along with Kris Anka and Zac Roane.
- Not every print works out the way it’s planned, but instead of wasting them, Monkey Minion Press turned theirs into clapbooks. They’re only $6 each, and there aren’t a lot of them, so get to Booth #5531 fast.
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau is also giving us a taste of what he’ll have to offer at Booth #4503, including his “Con Man” pin.