Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya! Tomorrow! Preview Night is only a day away, and we’re singing our hearts out. Sure, it’s a hard knock life here when it comes to reporting all this wonderful SDCC news, but we do it anyway, and we’re happy to do it. This column has great news from Nuclear Blast Records, Terry Dodson, KFC, and a lot more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are going to be all over SDCC. Along with everything else they’re bringing, old and new, they’ll also have SDCC exclusive slap bracelets distributed at their partner booths (BOOM!, Nickelodeon, Bandai, etc.). They’re also bringing a Legacy Wars tournament featuring an appearance by Green Ranger, Jason David Frank.
- Nuclear Blast Records is celebrating their 30th anniversary this year with a huge SDCC presence. When you visit Booth #501, you’ll find exclusives from TEAC turntables, Slayer, El Hijo Del Santo, and more.
- BleedingCool reports Colonel Sanders and Green Lantern team up to save the universe in KFC #3: Across the Universe, sold exclusively at DC Comics’ Booth #1915 at SDCC. Unfortunately, we’ve confirmed that will be the only KFC presence at SDCC this year, which means no cool statues or benches. Womp womp.
- Elhoffer Designs [Editor’s Note: YOUR NEW FAVORITE DESIGNER OMG CHECK HER OUT YOU WON’T BE SORRY] will be at SDCC this year, popping up in various locations. See the tweet below for their schedule at SDCC this year.
- Vault Comics made some pretty awesome additions to their schedule at Booth #1530. Stop by and see all the great stuff they have to offer.
- Author Maxwell Drake will be teaching at SDCC this year and tweeted his schedule. Visit his Small Press Table #Q-03 to see where exactly he’ll be teaching.
- Butch Hartman, creator of The Fairly Oddparents (and a lot more), will be at SDCC this year dropping swag. Follow his Twitter feed to find where he’ll be this week.
- Women in Comics posted their schedule of events to Twitter, including their Booth in Small Press, #H-09.
- Artist Terry Dodson revealed his new San Diego print on Twitter. This SDCC exclusive will be at Booth #4706 in the Exhibit Hall.
- “Dammit, Bobby!” Meet King of the Hill character designer Joel Adams at Booth #1815 at SDCC (if he’s come out of his hiding spot).
- Eric Goldman, who is moderating the iZombie panel at SDCC this year, wants to know what questions you would like him to ask. Hit him up on Twitter and see if he asks your question.
- Photographer Brian Ramage will be in town during SDCC and wants to know if anyone wants to shoot with him. He has all his details in his Instagram post.
- Zombie Playground Publishing is still pulling all-nighters for SDCC. They’re very excited about their latest Darth Vader piece they’ll have at Small Press Table #N-02.
- Disney artist Brittney Lee is bringing Harley Quinn to SDCC in this beautiful piece. You can find this and more of her brilliant work at Booth #5551.
- According to Forbes, PJ Masks will have a limited edition Catboy vs Night Ninja talking toy pack available at Booth #4021.
- Artist Scott C had another restless night, so he took to Instagram and Twitter to tell everyone about his new t-shirts he’ll have available at SDCC. From what he tells us, they go really well with his new shorts. Find out at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643.
- According to EW, a life-sized Thor LEGO model based on the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok film will make its debut at SDCC this year. “Doth mother know thou wearest her drapes?”
- Jason Latour thought he could do SDCC low-key, but where’s the fun in that? It’s go big or go home, so he posted his schedule on Twitter, which includes some signings and some panels.
- Marvel Support responded to a question on Twitter that there will be a Marvel True Believers panel this year. Watch their Twitter feed for more info.
- Justin Harder isn’t done with his SDCC work. He posted to Twitter this Thor: Ragnarok piece done in the Thor: The Dark World end titles style. His prices? Negotiable. Haggle with him at CLAUS Studios’ Small Press Table #O-08.
- Artist Rhiannon Owens tweeted a few more of her works that she’s bringing to SDCC with her. Find all of her beautiful work in Artists Alley at Table #FF-03.