Today’s first edition (yes, you read that correctly) of Under the Tents is a bit of a mixed bag. We have news on several people who will not be at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 this year – but then we also have news on all kinds of awesome exclusives, signings, and more that you can find throughout the show floor.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist and creator of adorable things Nan Hockin has been busy posting on Instagram stickers and buttons she will be bringing to SDCC 2018.
- Neca revealed on Twitter that they’ll have lots of new reveals coming at San Diego Comic-Con, especially pertaining to Godzilla.
- A Shop Called Quest took to Instagram to tease what they are bringing to SDCC. They will have a Timothy P. Doyle signing at their booth and other things planned line an onsite, offsites, pop ups, panel hostings, signings, parties and 100+ exclusives. Stay tuned for more info.
- Jonathan Maberry – New York Times bestselling author, editor and comic book writer for IDW, Marvel and Dark Horse – tweeted that he will be at SDCC for panels and events.
- Artist Tony Brown previewed on Instagram a print he will be bringing to Comic-Con’s artist alley along with more.
- iZombie actor Rahul Kohli responded to a question on Twitter that he won’t be attending San Diego Comic-Con this year. We aren’t sure what this means for a possible iZombie presence at SDCC, but considering it will be the series’ final season, our fingers are crossed.
- Writer and filmmaker David F. Walker announced on Instagram that the Black Heroes Matter flash mob will be returning to SDCC 2018 for its third year.
- Author of This Mortal Coil Emily Suvada shared on Twitter she will be attending Comic-Con this summer. More details to come.
- Artist Jeremy Bastian shared a picture on Instagram of his sketchbook he is working on for SDCC.
- Writer and creator of Babylon 5 and co-creator of Sense8 tweeted he won’t be able to made Comic-Con this year, but plans on being back for next year.
- Bluefin posted on their website that Streetfigher designer Kiki will be signing Streetfighter Storm collectibles purchased at their booth, #301. He will be signing on July 20th and July 21st from 11am-12pm and 3-4pm.
- Mark Hamill posted on Twitter that he will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con this year.
- Writer and Fatman on Batman podcaster Marc Bernardin tweeted that he will be signing at the Top Cow booth as well as after his spotlight panel. We will keep you posted as details come available.
- Director and artist Tula Lotay announced on Twitter she will be copies of her sketchbook available for purchase at the Gallery Nucleus gallery show as well as at their booth.
- Comic Relief Podcast posted on Facebook that Wyng’d Lyon Creations will be at Comic-Con as a guest vendor with The League of S.T.E.A.M. and Seven Deadly Fairies at booth #5618.
- Headlocked Comics posted on Twitter that four guests and three SDCC exclusive art prints are coming as well as Michel Mulipola will be joining them.
- 1000toys posted a picture on Instagram of the newest version of their 1/12 scale TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human figure they will be bringing to San Diego Comic-Con this year.
- Lindsay Payton posted on Instagram her signed Bitty Lucky 13 stickers she will have available for Comic-Con.
- Brittney Lee has posted on Instagram another of her enamel pins she will have on offer at SDCC 2018.
- Flat Bonnie has posted another of her adorable plush creations headed for Comic-Con. This time it is the BabyBun Ewok.