We all need all the good San Diego Comic-Con news we can our hands on these days. This edition of Under the Tents has some great news from some SDCC artists, some positive signs for Supergirl fans, and even some commission openings.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- The Heroes in a Half Shell join Patrick Ballesteros’ “Can You Hear Me Now” series he’s bringing with him to Table #DD-08 In Artists Alley at SDCC 2018 for their debut.
I did a #tmnt piece a while back where I drew all the turtles but 1, and everyone always asked "WHERE'S DONNIE?" Well good news folks I think I found him. He's over here in the new series for #sdcc having a philosophical can conversation with his bro! #SDCC2018 pic.twitter.com/EGbi9u5nlV
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) June 14, 2018
- Inki-Drop will be back at SDCC this year at Booth #1708, where you’ll find these Succucrab vinyl stickers.
Succucrabs! I'll have these designs as stickers at my AX & SDCC booths, and on my site after that…! pic.twitter.com/sd6XhJzbY1
— shelly @ Dokomi (@inki_drop) June 14, 2018
- Artist David Mack tweeted he will be back in Artist Alley at SDCC this year and will have his covers for Superman, American Gods, Fight Club, Jessica Jones, and more with him at his table.
I will have these #Superman covers original art with me at SDCC for sale.
And the #Batman cover, #AmericanGods, #FightClub #Jessicajones & more.
Same artist alley table as usual. Or msg me here: https://t.co/f1eN5aoIag in advance. https://t.co/WIfkbKFQEs
— David Mack (@davidmackkabuki) June 14, 2018
- Writer/artist Phillip Sevy checked his calendar and realized SDCC is closer than he thought. He’s opened five commission slots to be picked up at SDCC. You can find his commission info in his tweet below.
With #TombRaider Inferno 1 released from @DarkHorseComics today, I realized that #SDCC is just around the corner! I'm opening up 5 slots for commissions to be picked up at the show. If you'd like to get on my list, hit me up and we can chat. Let me know ASAP! pic.twitter.com/KSXPzEvkTh
— Phillip Sevy (@phillipsevy) June 13, 2018
- New York Gothic artist Chandra Free is making the cross-country trip to SDCC this year, where she plans to hold her own CHANCON to meet up with some of her fans. Of course, she’ll have some of her amazing art with her, too. Keep an eye out for her Facebook Event, so you can let her know you’ll be there.
I will be at SDCC this year walking around. THAT SUNDAY: l’ll have a meet up I call #CHANCON. It’ll probably be around 3pm-ish. I will post the FB event page when it gets closer. ALSO: I will be at CartoonArtMuseum’s draw-a-thon TBD. Get a drawing from me (proceeds go to CAM)
— Chandra Free (@spookychan) June 14, 2018
- One of the most unique and fascinating exhibitors at SDCC is Wannabe Press. Its founder, Russell Nohelty, tweeted a picture of some of the new enamel pins he’s bringing with him this year to Small Press Table #K-03.
- Nikhil Potdar, founder of Night Owl Studios, announced via Twitter he will have copies of his latest release, Death Dreamer, at his table at SDCC, which is still TBA.
- Scott Ian Lewis, the writer behind Night Owl Studios’ Death Dreamer, will be on-hand to sign copies as well. Keep an eye on our Autographs post for more info as it’s released.
- The folks behind the NYU grad student film The Adventures of Penny Patterson announced via Twitter the film’s screening will be held at CCI’s International Film Festival on Saturday, July 21.
#TheAdventuresOfPennyPatterson will be screening at San Diego @Comic_Con at the Comic Con International Independent Film Festival on Saturday 7/21! More details coming soon! #SDCC #SDCC2018 #SDCC18 #ComicCon #comiccon2018 pic.twitter.com/NsavTgh3cz
— Adventures of Penny Patterson (@pennypattmovie) June 15, 2018
- Artist Mark Alvarado posted a work-in-progress photo to his Instagram of his latest exclusive/cover for SDCC 2018. We know all about losing sleep over SDCC.
- Tested.com got the scoop from Chronic Collectibles at E3 on a new 1:1 scale T-51 Armor suit from Fallout 76 that will be displayed at the ThinkGeek booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year. Sound awesome? Because it is. [Thanks @Keeleonohms for the heads up!]
- It won’t be too hard to find these Predator pieces artist N.C. Winters is bringing with her to SDCC this year. Find him at Booth #4619 alongside Gary Pullin.
- Tech-savvy artist and writer Danika Stone was excited to announce via Instagram that she and fellow writer Jen Wilde will be signing at Macmillan’s booth at SDCC this year on Friday, July 20 at 4:15PM PT.
- The folks at Squid Kids Ink are working hard on their 10-Finity SDCC exclusives. The labels are in, looking good, and ready to be applied.
- Fans of Supergirl‘s Melissa Benoist cleverly noticed that, although she is set to star in Broadway’s Beautiful: The Carol King Musical this summer, she will not be present for the July 20 or July 21 performances. Does this mean the Girl of Steel is flying in for SDCC? We imagine it would be on a red-eye, but it seems pretty likely.
Melissa Benoist will not be in the roles of "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical" on July 21 and 22
Remember that SDCC 2018 is from July 19 to 22 ….
— MelissaBenoistUpdate (@melissabeupdate) June 16, 2018