‘Twas the week before Comic-Con, and all ’round the ‘net, attendees were asking, “Is it Preview Night yet?” Not quite, but we do have some great SDCC news from artists like Christopher Uminga and Matt Hatton as well as more exclusives from BeeFy & Co. and Hyperactive Monkey. Let’s see who’s bringing more awesomeness to SDCC this year.
- Travel blogger Elizabeth Bickford has partnered with several local San Diego businesses, including the Fleet Science Center, San Diego Natural History Museum, and Birch Aquarium (among others) to hold social media prize drops throughout San Diego Comic-Con. To participate, follow her blog, Trekaroo, on Instagram and/or Twitter (turn those post notifications on) to see what she’s dropping where.
- Artist, writer and creator of the comic [email protected] Josh Howard posted on posted on Twitter his Twin Peaks pin-up prints he is bringing to Comic-Con.
More new #TwinPeaks art! This time pin-ups of 3 of the leading ladies. I will have prints of these available at San Diego Comic Con and Twin Peaks Fest! #SDCC2018 pic.twitter.com/hXZuk6XYHd
— Josh Howard (@joshuahoward) July 9, 2018
- Vanessa Bednar and Lauren Alvernaz from Barbee Rehab are coming to San Diego Comic-Con with free swag and a photo op in a box. Find them on the convention floor.
#ComicCon #SDCC #BarbeeRehab #StarTrek #StarTreckBarbee@VanessaBednar @DerekSOrr @funsizeinpants @alvernaz2 @tomsizemore @amandajoyfilm @RealBaiLing
See you at Comic Con July 19-22
Find Lauren for FREE Barbee Rehab swag and take a picture with her in this exclusive BOX pic.twitter.com/IRnR86m6aa
— vanessa bednar (@VanessaBednar) July 9, 2018
- Beefy and Co. posted another of their exclusive adorable plush headed to Comic-Con. This one is called Shiny Snorlypoo and actually makes a snoring sound. You can find yours for $30 at booth #5051 but they are limited edition with only 100 available. You snooze, you lose.
- Matt Hatton, concept artist for Alien: Covenant, has created a unique piece to give away at SDCC this year. His Xenomorph will be included with each purchase of his collaboration with Dane Hallett showcasing their amazing Alien: Covenant artwork.
- Holy Comic-Con, Batman! Christopher Uminga is bringing the Caped Crusader and his friends (and nemeses) to Table #BB-18 at SDCC this year.
Finished up this Bat Family piece for SDCC, I’ll be set up in artist alley at BB-18 . Everyone ready for SDCC?? @procreate @dccomics @sdccblog #sdcc2018 #batman #batgirl #robin #nightwing #btas #digitalpainting #dccomics #uminga #artist #art #comicart pic.twitter.com/4OqHYFAqy9
— Chris Uminga (@Uminga720) July 9, 2018
Finished up this new Batman Villains piece for SDCC (I’ll be set up at BB18 in artist alley) . Created in @procreate . #batman #joker #harleyquinn #clayface #poisonivy #catwoman #mrfreeze #penguin #scarecrow #twoface #sdcc @sdccblog @dccomics #gotham #artist #art #uminga pic.twitter.com/0Sb5hhiNhU
— Chris Uminga (@Uminga720) July 5, 2018
- I’M PICKLE RICK! Now you can be when Cryptozoic and Cartoon Network debut their latest game, Rick and Morty: The Pickle Rick Game, at Booth #115 at SDCC this year. They’ll only have limited quantities of this $45 game, so get there early to get in on all the fun.
- Hyperactive Monkey introduced their Instagram followers to some more SDCC exclusives you’ll find at Booth #5640, where you’ll find plenty of monkey business going on.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.