San Diego Comic-Con is officially THIS month, and if you aren’t terrified by the amount of news still to be announced, well, we envy you. On this (not-so) lazy Sunday afternoon, we have plenty of Comic-Con news for you that we’ve rounded up for you, including hints that Daredevil will indeed be at the convention, some very cool art and exclusives, and the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival schedule.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Remember how Marvel promised “special guests” for the Iron Fist Thursday Ballroom 20 panel? Well, Daredevil season three’s showrunner Erik Oleson just mentioned on Twitter that he’s heading to San Diego Comic-Con this year. We’re just sayin’.
Headed to #SDCC2018 What's fun to do?
— Erik Oleson (@erikoleson) June 29, 2018
- The Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival returns this year, with over 50 films, across a wide range of genres. Thursday – Saturday, you can stop by the Marriott Grand Ballroom 3 & 4 to see films like the animated Shelldon, or Kyle Roberts’ The Grave. There will also be panels from industry experts, like Saturday’s Stop Motion as a Special Effect. Then on Sunday, July 23, the winners will be announced. Find the complete schedule on Comic-Con International’s website.
- Speaking of panels, be sure to stop by How to Be a Financial Super Hero on Thursday, July 19 at 4PM in the Marriott to snag exclusive comic book versions of K’nayha and the Crow. Chris Neuhahn revealed that there will be 50 copies available at the panel.
- Artist Jason Edmiston is bringing his very popular Eyes Without a Face series — which features, well, the eyes of some of your favorite pop culture icons — to San Diego Comic-Con 2018. It sounds like the new works will be through Mondo, but stay tuned for more information.
- Rob DenBleyker, the co-creator of Cyanide & Happiness, showed off a new Shiny Red Box Edition of his Joking Hazard party game. You can grab it exclusive at Booth #1234 on the show floor, and best of all? It comes signed by Austin St. John, the original Red Ranger.
RED BOX signed by the RED RANGER!!
— Rob DenBleyker (@RobDenBleyker) June 29, 2018
Are you ready for SDCC? Get this exclusive Red Box from Joking Hazard and get it signed by me at SDCC! This is an exclusive and will be limited! Don’t miss out! – ASJ
— Austin St. John -ASJ (@ASJAustin) June 29, 2018
- BeeFy & Co. have more San Diego Comic-Con releases coming at you. Their new Pix Brix Poos – Unipoo and Pegapoo – will be sold for $10 each or $18 for the set of two at BeeFy’s Comic-Con Booth #5051.
- Artist Steve Bryant’s San Diego Comic-Con commission list is open, with prices starting at just $50.
My SDCC commission list is open: 9×12 single figure $50 | 11×17 single fig $100 | 11×17 2-fig: $150 | 11×17 3-fig $200 | 11×17 Montage $250 | 11×17 Cover recreation/homage $150 & up | Visit https://t.co/Gpca1BKgSn to see more examples | Email SteveBryantArt at gmail to order pic.twitter.com/Kh5qDWiFeo
— Steve Bryant writes and draws comics (@SteveBryantArt) June 29, 2018
- Porgs are everywhere — but what if they also took over the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That’s exactly what artist Chris Gugliotti has imaged with his latest SDCC 2018 exclusive print. It’s limited to just 25 pieces at Arists Alley BB-15, and there’s no way these won’t be gone faster than you can say, “BUT LOOK AT ALL THE PORGS.”
- Super7 teased a new Transformers exclusive heading to San Diego Comic-Con. Our guess is that this would be available at their Booth, but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Cardboard Spaceship is launching the second series of Thimblestump Hollow at San Diego Comic-Con this year, with more adorable vinyl figures. They’ll be debuting four characters in a very special “Fruit Salad” colorway for SDCC this year. Pick them up at Booth #5638.
- Want a sneak peek at this year’s Space Command booth on the show floor? From producer Marc Zicree, here’s your early look at Booth #4015:
Thought you might enjoy seeing a work-in-progress of the #SpaceCommand booth we'll have at San Diego Comic-Con, between the #BBC and #Nickelodeon . Thanks to Stan Rutledge, Shannon, David Raiklen, Jeff Hayes and the entire team! pic.twitter.com/7GYaieGXvK
— Marc Zicree (@MarcZicree) June 29, 2018
- It’s not San Diego Comic-Con without a few domes, and this year Oaken Anchor are helping to bring some domed-experience to San Diego Comic-Con. What do you think this could be for?
— OAExperiential (@OAExperiential) June 29, 2018
- New York Times best-selling author EK Johnston will be heading to SDCC 2018, though her exact schedule is still being nailed down.
- Girls Drawin’ Girls will be bringing their Girls Drawin’ Girls Group Tarot Card Deck to Comic-Con this month, where they expect them to sell out “forever”. Want to make sure you get one? There’s a handful left on Etsy before the show.
- You can find Trends International (Booth #2913) inside the Lucasfilm Pavilion on the show floor this July, where they’ll have an exclusive Russell Walks Star Wars poster triptych. Walks will also be on-hand for signings.
We're extremely pleased to announce that we'll have a booth inside the Lucasfilm Pavilion at @Comic_Con in July. And we'll be selling @RussellWalks exclusive poster triptych, as well as hosting him in our booth for signings. Stay tuned for more details! #SDCC2018 #SDCC pic.twitter.com/U2tFKijyV6
— Trends International (@intltrends) June 20, 2018
- Fans have been impatiently waiting for the tabletop game Batman – The Animated Series: Gotham City Under Siege, which releases in September. But ahead of that, you’ll be able to find the first public showing of the board game at the IDW Publishing Booth #2743.