Now that you’ve had a chance to digest Wednesday and Thursday’s SDCC schedule, let’s see what else is going on in San Diego Comic-Con news. This edition of Under the Tents has more artists opening their commissions, signing work, and a lot more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Break out the Aqua Net – Funko revealed their theme for this year’s Fundays party: 80’s Prom. It’s gonna be, like, totally tubular! For real! Best of all, for those who didn’t luck out on a ticket, the event will be live-streamed.
- Artist Janet Lee is warming up her decoupage skills for SDCC. Look for her in Artists Alley at Table #EE-05.
— Janet K Lee (@Janet_K_Lee) July 2, 2018
- Second chances don’t come too often, but our good friend Arnel Baluyot, better known as Ninjabot, is giving everyone who stops by Table #L-08 in Small Press another chance to pick up his 2014 SDCC exclusive print.
🚨I JUST FOUND SOME ARTIST PROOFS OF MY SDCC14 EXCLUSIVES! 🚨
I will be taking them to SDCC so if you ever wanted it, this is your last chance to get them! I always get questions about this design, and I totally forgot that I had these AP. #ThankYouSdccPacking pic.twitter.com/l6I3E0jRMR
— Arnel Baluyot (@theninjabot) July 3, 2018
- It looks like MunkyKing Toys poked the bear, woke him up, and made him bee-yond angry. Watch out for him if you’re anywhere near Booth #4851.
- Artist Jeff Pina is all set to debut his new lapel pin line, Pin-Ya!, at Small Press Table #Q-06 at SDCC this year.
I'm SUPER excited to announce that at SDCC I'll be debuting my Lapel Pin line, "Pin-Ya!" !!! The first two will be available for $10 each at my Small Press Booth, SP-Q06!#sdcc #SDCC2018 #nasa #kitten #teacup #pin #debut pic.twitter.com/2ybORjkD9I
— Jeff Pina Makes Comics! (@JeffPina78) July 3, 2018
- Artist Carla Wyzgala announced via Instagram she has opened her commissions for SDCC. Be sure to read her entire post, as she will not be taking commissions on-site at Table #FF-16 in Artists Alley.
- Headlocked and Masked Republic revealed the lineup of guests you’ll find at Booth #1901. Look for pro-wrestling stars like Jerry “The King” Lawler and Rey Misterio to appear, among others. And if you don’t know what Andy Kaufman and pro-wrestling have in common, you should definitely look it up.
- Artist Nan Hockin will have these prints of Camp Crystal Lake’s favorite son with her at Booth #F-11 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Quincy J. Allen, author of Shadow of Ruin, is holding a giveaway for advanced reader copies of his latest novel, set to debut at SDCC. Make sure you follow his Instagram account for details on how and when you can enter.
- Author Daryl Gregory announced via Twitter he’ll be at Random House’s booth signing and selling copies of his latest work, Spoonbenders.
I'll be at SDCC, signing at the Random House booth Saturday, signing and selling the new trade paperback edition of Spoonbenders. Stop on buy. [Oh my, was that a typo?]
— 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚢𝚕 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚢 (@darylwriterguy) July 3, 2018
- Artist Humberto Ramos announced to his Twitter followers he will have prints and commissions available at Booth #4700.
— humberto ramos (@humberto_ramos) July 3, 2018
BOOTH 4700 pic.twitter.com/9vmCsdhRA4
— humberto ramos (@humberto_ramos) July 3, 2018
- Spoooon! You’ll find Ian Nichols, Ben Edlund, and Jeff McClelland at New England Comics’ Booth #1807 signing their new issue of The Tick.
I'll be at @Comic_Con with @NEcomics at booth #1807-1809 with a new issue of The Tick! The story is by @ben_edlund and @JeffMcClelland with art by me. Grab the book and get a free sketch at the booth! https://t.co/wCbWJD4DB9
— Ian Chase Nichols (@IanCNichols) July 3, 2018
- One of the artists who designed the elaborate packaging for Hasbro’s SDCC Optimal Optimus exclusive, Marcelo Matere, will be at Table #DD-21 in Artists Alley and is willing to sign boxes if you bring them by his table.
I worked on the package art pencils for the SDCC Optimal Optimus exclusive of this year! It was a really fun project! I also designed the and did the lines for the Throne! I will be at SDCC this year so if you want your box signed you can bring to my Artist Alley table DD-21! pic.twitter.com/H0Xa4qyDFd
— Marcelo Matere (@marcelomatere) July 3, 2018
- Look for these new pins to be at Katie Cook’s Table #HH-17 in Artists Alley at SDCC this year.
I’m going to have these adorable Radish pins at #SDCC this month. They are small and cute and will probably poke you with a sharp edge… just like Radish himself. #nothingspecialcomic pic.twitter.com/WveT0OxTjg
— Katie Cook (@katiecandraw) July 3, 2018
- Artist Scott C. posted another pin he’s bringing to his Pin Party at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643 at SDCC this year.
“Dog On A Rocket” New pin for #sdcc in a few weeks!! To add to your dog and rocket pin collection! …. #pins #enamelpin #enamelpins #pinstagram #pingame https://t.co/vRs9WcIsd3 pic.twitter.com/yuFERHWdYi
— Scott C. (@scottlava) July 3, 2018
- Look for artist Agnes Garbowska at Table #GG-17, where she will be doing watercolor sketches on a first-come basis. Make sure you get there early, as we believe they’re likely to fill up fast.
SDCC info! Find me at GG-17 for @comic_con. I will be doing watercolour sketches on a first come basis. I will have lots of original art, comics, and cute stuff. Can't wait to see everyone.#sdcc #comiccon #sdcc2018 #DCSUPERHEROGIRLS #mylittlepony #mlp #brony pic.twitter.com/klz5QwHr1l
— Agnes Garbowska (@AgnesGarbowska) July 3, 2018
- Artist Terese Nielsen is excited to announce she’ll be at SDCC signing her work. See her Twitter thread for more details, and keep an eye on our Autographs post for more info.
— Terese Nielsen (@tnielsenart) July 3, 2018