With just 16 days left until San Diego Comic-Con 2018, we are entering crunch time. Anticipation of the schedule release alone has us all polishing our spreadsheets and hoping we don’t have too many conflicting panels. That being said, how about we bring you some SDCC news that’s just as exciting but just a little harder to find?
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- How cold do you like your classic 90’s hip-hop, Ice-T, Vanilla Ice, or Ice Cube? Slushcult will have all three ice cold hip-hop icons available in their Ice Pack at SDCC this year. Stop by and tell them today was a good day.
- Artist Jeff Pina announced via Twitter that he is doing commissions for SDCC this year, but beyond that, you’ll have to get in touch with him for specifics.
I am! Shoot me a PM!
— Jeff Pina Makes Comics! (@JeffPina78) June 30, 2018
- Another artist taking commission requests for SDCC 2018 is Aaron Lopresti. Visit his website for specific info on how you can commission art to be picked up at Booth #4706. See the images below for some samples of his previous commission work.
- Artist Cat Staggs announced to her Twitter followers that while she has fun surprises and limited editions planned for SDCC, she will not be taking commissions prior to the con.
I do promise I have some fun limited edition San Diego Comic-Con @SD_Comic_Con exclusives coming up later this week! Stay tuned!!!
— Cat Staggs (@CatStaggs) June 26, 2018
- Another artist who made a commission announcement on Twitter was Eric Canete. According to his tweet, if you’re interested in commissioning something from him, you’ll need to contact Jason Schachter at Essential Sequential.
— Eric Canete – FA|FO (@EricCanete) June 27, 2018
- Yet another artist who is accepting commission requests is Nguyen Dong. You can DM him on Instagram to let him know what you’ll be picking up from Table #CC-12.
- Since CCI doesn’t include a lanyard in that fancy badge box they send us, Tentacle Kitty has a solution – stop by Booth #5148 for one of their free SDCC exclusive lanyards.
— Tentacle Kitty (@TentacleKitty) June 29, 2018
- Why so serious? Maybe you’re trying to get your hands on one of artist Tom Hodges’ very limited Joker pieces he’ll have at Table #GG-01.
- Martin Hsu’s Love Rules print, featuring George Takei as a Samurai warrior (as if he already isn’t), will be with Hsu at Booth #4530.
Yup! I'll have these prints at SDCC 🙂 Find me at Booth 4530, please!
— Martin Hsu 徐 👨🏻🎨 (@MartinHsu) June 28, 2018
- What’s in the box?! You can ask artist Nan Hockin when you stop by Booth #F-11 to check out what you’ll find in her $10 Mystery Boxes.
- Artist Chet Phillips took to Instagram to display some of his laser-etched cherry wood pins he’ll have with him at Table #O-o1 in Small Press.
- Bimtoy announced to their Instagram followers they have a tiny surprise for everyone at Fugitive Toys’ Booth #601 at SDCC this year.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman announced via Twitter that he’ll be posting his signing schedule to his website next week (the week before Comic-Con).
still working out all the schedules but should announce the week before the SDCC show. We will announce on my website https://t.co/qn6M3AG7SP
— Kevin Eastman (The Ledge) (@kevineastman86) June 30, 2018
- Artist Scott Blair tweeted that he will have 50 copies of his SDCC exclusive 9″ x 12″ Wonder Woman retro print at Table #EE-11.
— Scott Blair Art (@scottblairart) June 30, 2018
- Bling Squared Cute Glass treated their Instagram followers to a tease of a new series they’re debuting at SDCC as well as this year’s Bling Squared Cute Glass SDCC 2018 Exclusive.