July may seem so far away, but we promise you all your favorite artist, writers, illustrators, and publishers are hard at work getting ready for San Diego Comic-Con 2019. How do we know? We did an internet deep dive and found SDCC announcements from the California Browncoats, Tom Richmond, and even AMTRAK. Will your favorite SDCC vendor be there this year? Read on and see.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Stuart Sayger, creator of the comic Shiver in the Dark, has SDCC 2019 listed on his Appearances page.
- Pin-up artist Carla Wyzgala is bringing her Carlations back to SDCC this year, according to her Events page.
- Artist Ryan Claytor is bringing his Elephant Eater Comics back to SDCC for his 16th Comic-Con in a row. He’ll be at Table #P-16 and even drew this handy-dandy map to help fans find him.
- If you’re looking for writer/musician Jennie Wood, you can find her at SDCC this year, according to her Events page.
- Want to meet Hex Comix but can’t make it to WonderCon? It’s OK; they’ll be at SDCC, too, and they’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Indie comics publishers Red Stylo Media are making the trek to San Diego this July for SDCC.
- Are you taking the train to SDCC? Sheldon Cooper would. He’d likely be disappointed, though, that AMTRAK has SDCC on their list of Blackout Dates. This means AMTRAK will not be honoring the regular COASTER fare during the con. But isn’t it worth it just for the clickety-clack of the rails?
- Non-profit Firefly fan group and SDCC veterans California Browncoats will be back at Comic-Con 2019 and will most likely be looking for volunteers for their booth as the con approaches.
- The Lady Death comics series has been around for 25 years. To celebrate, the team behind the comic are taking her on the road for the Lady Death Legacy Tour. Of course, they’re making a stop at SDCC 2019.
- If you were a kid in the 80’s and 90’s like me, you know Tom Richmond’s distinct art from MAD Magazine. This year, you can visit him at Table #H-02 in Small Press during SDCC, where he’ll have a new limited edition print with him. He may also do some caricatures and sketches for you if you ask really nicely.
- Artist David Lozeau will bring his live-painting Day of the Dead art to SDCC 2019. According to his Event Calendar, he’ll be live painting large-scale pieces in custom framing during the con.
- CCI liked Storm King Comics so much, they let them come back for their second year in a row at SDCC 2019. According to their Events page, they promise panels, special guests, and more. They haven’t announced their booth number yet, but we’ll be on the look-out for it.
- Portland, OR art collective Helioscope (formerly known as Periscope Studios) also have SDCC 2019 on their Appearances schedule. Look for Terry Dodson and Dylan Meconis at their booth as well as more to be announced.
- Fantasy comics creator Kel McDonald is confirmed for SDCC 2019, if her Upcoming Appearances banner is to be believed, which we’re confident it is.
- Disney artist Amy Mebberson announced to her Twitter followers that she and fellow Disney artist James Silvani are making SDCC 2019 one of their SoCal conventions.