We are just seven short days away (six and a wake-up if you’re being more precise) from WonderCon 2019, and news is still coming out. Was the exclusives portal kind to you, or are you another victim of a CCI lottery? Either way, you’re going to love what’s coming to WonderCon next week. Turn that frown upside down and read on for the latest and greatest WonderCon news.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Disney artist James Silvani was happy to sign his name to his Disney/Cyclops Prints WonderCon exclusive this year and even tweeted a little tease.
— James Silvani (@SilvaniArt) March 21, 2019
- Mount Olympus Comics announced via Twitter that they’re bringing a WonderCon variant cover for Valkyrie Savior #2 by artists Joe Benitez and Wesllei Manoel with them to Small Press Table #SP-28.
We'll be at @Wondercon next week with all our exclusive variants including this Valkyrie Saviors 2 variant with art by @ELJoeBenitez and Wesllei Manoel! https://t.co/lPnIcpbDqO #joebenitez #ladymechanika #comicart #comiccon #artistalley #wondercon pic.twitter.com/23dFjAx2ar
— mountolympuscomics (@mtolympuscomics) March 21, 2019
- Paranormal romance author Cynthia Diamond is excited to be on hand at Broad Universe’s Booth #902 on Saturday, March 30 from 4PM – 7PM to sign copies of her books and say hi to her fans.
— Cynthia Diamond (@CinsDiamond) March 7, 2019
- Come and play, Danny. While the Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum will not be at WonderCon this year, their sister organization, Hollywood Horror Museum, is bringing their The Shining display based on Stanley Kubrick’s terrifying interpretation of Stephen King’s masterpiece to Booth #2049. ЯEDЯUM! ЯEDЯUM!
Our SCI FI museum will NOT be at Wondercon this year, but our @horrormuseum WILL BE!
We're doing a giant Stephen King/Stanley Kubrick THE SHINING display, and it's going to be pretty darned impressive. Be sure to drop by booth 2049 pic.twitter.com/SI5k8ftFCO
— Sci-Fi World Museum (@hollywoodscifi) March 21, 2019
- Artist Amber Harris posted her latest piece she’ll have with her at Table #E-13 in Artists’ Alley at WonderCon this year for her Twitter followers to enjoy.
- Stargate fans will want to make their way to Booth #1837 to visit Stargate Command at WonderCon this year. Instead of just a green screen photo op, the team is erecting a 9-foot scale model of the Stargate itself for fans to pose in front of for their photo ops and selfies. To commemorate the occasion, not to mention the 25th anniversary of the original film, you can also buy their limited edition Stargate Command enamel pin.
- No one WonderCons harder than Justin Harder of CLAUS Studios. This year, he’s bringing more of his massively popular “Artist Collab Series” with him in the form of this comfy-looking throw blanket to Booth #1328. If you can’t get to WonderCon, the throw will be available in Target next month. Flerken… er, cat not included.
Come by our booth next week at #WonderCon in Anaheim and pickup our sweet ‘ARTIST COLLAB SERIES’ throw blanket!! Booth #1328. Limited supply so come early! The blanket will be avail at Targets nationwide in mid-April! pic.twitter.com/vY0WPbKMRc
— Justin Claus Harder (@clausstudios) March 22, 2019
- California artist (and “Best Brother” according to his Instagram feed) Alex Ortiz announced to his Instagram followers that he will be in Artists’ Alley at Table #A-45, where he will have his original work for sale. He will also be doing a few sketch commissions each day, so if you’re interested in a custom sketch, you’ll want to find his table early in the day.
- Preparation for a con is a stressful time for creators. Skullgirls have been in full con prep mode putting together their latest book with Genevieve Tsai. Find them and their latest collaboration at Table #D-16 in Artists’ Alley.
Sorry about the inactivity lately, been trying to put a new book together for #WonderCon2019 It's ready! I'll be in artist alley D-16 w/ @GenevieveTsai Here's a look at the front/back cover. The 4th "From Scratch" book, themed around commissions from the past few years. 4 U pic.twitter.com/4ZNR3MEOQN
— o_8 Alex Ahad (@o___8) March 21, 2019
- Bird fans (and stressed out humans alike) will want to track down Gin at B-34 to get some of these adorable stickers.
made these dumb borb stickers for WonderCon next weekend so come to table B34 if you like birbs and are also stressed pic.twitter.com/DxEA7xAw6P
— Σ(°ロ°) gin (@ginsays) March 22, 2019
- Designer Emilie Vo has been largely absent on Instagram since DesignerCon, but recently posted this update, confirming not only her attendance, but that she is bringing music boxes to WonderCon.
- Artist Joanne Garcia (Fierce Fantasy Designs) is hitting all the notes with these stickers featuring jars of cute gherkin kitties that she’ll have at WonderCon. In addition, she’ll have some of her creative Pan Dulce Cats for sale. Me-yum!
- Manuel Martinez has made something incredible special with this Spider-Verse inspired print. The skyline details in the eyes take this over the top. Speed walk (DO NOT RUN IN THE EXHIBIT HALL!) to his table at Small Press 42 to pick up one for yourself.
- Sounds like creator Eli McBenik was a bit worried about his Gen8 print arriving in time for WonderCon. Have no fear, they are here and will be sale at table D-63.
- If you missed Anthony Helmer’s pre-order commissions, you still have another shot. You’ll want to hit him up right away, only a few walk-up spots will be available.
- You know what makes awesome things even more awesome? Googly eyes. Christina Major proves this theory with these googly eye buttons. Special shout out for doing a pug one because, well….pugs.
Prepping more googly critters for Wondercon next weekend! All I wanna do is shake 'em around! pic.twitter.com/f0azaGqhju
— Christina Major (@delphina2k) March 22, 2019
- Author J. Dianne Dotson has received copies of her book Heilopause. You can find her signing them after her panel on Sunday. Copies will be available to purchase from the Mysterious Galaxy booth.
Here they are, FRESH copies of #Heliopause #HeliopauseTheQuestrisonSagaBookOne for #WonderCon @WonderCon! Stop by the @MystGalaxyBooks booth at the con and get one! I will be signing after my panel on Sunday March 31! pic.twitter.com/XokeLxULY3
— J. Dianne Dotson (@jdiannedotson) March 22, 2019
- Artist Lauren Levering (Orca Owl) will be bringing a selection of prints to her WonderCon table A-60, which will be shared with Spikie Amr, who will also have prints for sale. This looks like a dangerous duo, for the wallet anyway.
— Orca Owl (@orcaowlart) March 22, 2019
- Lastly, we hope your credentials are in order. Geoffrey Colo has sent out the signal for all agents to prepare themselves for “classified information” regarding Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We are indeed intrigued.
CALL ALL AGENTS… @WonderCon approaches.
Reporting for duty on March 30th?
— Geoffrey Colo (@GeoffreyColo) March 22, 2019