Are you ready for WonderCon yet? If you’re still not quite there, don’t panic too much yet. We still have two weeks until we trek to Anaheim. While you’re preparing, we have lots of great WonderCon news for you, including announcements from Design by Humans, Comic-Con International, and a lot more. Get your spreadsheets ready (we even have those in here) and read on for all the best WonderCon news.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Design by Humans tweeted one of their new t-shirts you can sink your claws into at WonderCon this year.
Heading to @EmeraldCityCon? Be sure to come visit us at Booth 1129 for some exclusive licensed apparel! pic.twitter.com/hFIQu9m6IS
— DBH Gaming (@DBHGaming) March 11, 2019
It’s available at Emerald City Comic Con and WonderCon ☺️
— DBH Gaming (@DBHGaming) March 11, 2019
- You can bring your very own Flerken home with you from WonderCon. Well, you can pick up a gorgeous 6×9 print of the adorable nightmare from Penelope Gaylord at Table #C-09, anyway.
- Artist Marco Santucci is reminding everyone he will be at WonderCon in Artists Alley at Table #E-06, and his commissions are still open if you’d like to order some of his work to take home with you.
- We were pretty stoked (not to mention surprised) when CCI announced WonderCon’s programming schedule last week. For those with less interest in panels and autographs, CCI also published WonderCon’s Games schedule as well as their Anime schedule. Both schedules go well into the evening, so there is a lot to choose from.
- WonderCon has become a gathering place for cosplayers and those who wish to photograph them. Instead of filling several Wonderposts with Facebook events, an extremely helpful fan compiled a handy-dandy spreadsheet (we’re really big on spreadsheets) with a schedule of various cosplay photoshoots for all of us.
- “Quoth the raven, ‘Nevermore.'” Artist Oscar Rosales contributed Edgar Allen Poe to Paola Olivares’ “Little Geniuses” project to help raise money for autism awareness. Look for Mr. Poe, his raven, and a lot more geniuses at Table B-36 in Artists Alley.
- Artist Anthony Helmer showed his Instagram followers his Enchanted Giselle WonderCon sketch commission. Find more of his great work in Artists Alley at Table E-63.
- Artist Scott Williams also took to Instagram to display one of his WonderCon 2019 commissions of a very dark, ominous portrait of Neil Gaiman.
- Crowlines also shared some of the items, such as enamel pins, keychains, tote bags, and now t-shirts, we’ll find at Table C-38 in Artists Alley.
- Artist Todd Nauck has his hands full with conventions this month, but that doesn’t mean he’s not taking commissions. According to his Twitter, his WonderCon commissions list is currently open.
My "comic con gauntlet" begins!
3 big cons in 3 back-to-back weekends: @emeraldcitycon, @c2e2, & @WonderCon!
Visit my site for more info/updates on my panels/appearances & con commissions: https://t.co/v6U4enELPr#ECCC #ECCC2019 #c2e2 #wondercon pic.twitter.com/osSCGElYqc
— Todd Nauck (@ToddNauck) March 13, 2019
- Artist Asami Matsumura made some adorable new stickers for WonderCon and showed them to her Twitter followers. Look for these and more at Table B-05 in Artists Alley.
- You won’t turn to stone looking directly at Morghan Gill’s latest mini-print she posted to Twitter. Find Medusa along with the rest of her mini-prints at Table D-36 in Artists Alley.
Medusa mini original for WonderCon 🐍🐍🐍 pic.twitter.com/9W9itogGCA
— Morghan Gill-Bedford✨ Looking for Work (April) (@teatigercafe) March 13, 2019
- Writer/artist Tony S. Daniel wants to see you at WonderCon. He’ll be at Planet Awesome’s Booth #429 Saturday and Sunday only signing copies of his new book and selling new prints/original art.
Looks like I’ll be see you at #WonderCon! Come look for me and get your books signed. I’ll have some new prints and original art. This is my first signing on the west coast in several years! Thanks to #PlanetAwesome for hosting me ***Friday and Saturday only**** #whysoserious? pic.twitter.com/9wOvfgmnHq
— Tony S Daniel (@TonyDanielx2) March 13, 2019
Which announcement excited you the most? Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.