The days before WonderCon are a whirlwind of planning, packing and traveling, but that doesn’t stop the information from rolling in. We’re here again with a whole post of cool stuff you can look forward to this weekend. Bonus sketches from Justin Harder, 140 pieces of original art from Val Hochberg, 12 feet of cold, hard Bumblebee, and oodles more.
Let’s take a look at the announcements you might have missed:
- Wondering which actors will be at the Saturday panel for The Tick? The official schedule has been updated to include Peter Serafinowicz, Griffin ewman, Valorie Curry, Scott Speiser, and Brendan Hines. SPOON!
- Welcome foolish mortals! Husband and wife duo Artistic Flavorz has “room for one more” with their hand-painted Haunted Mansion inspired wooden brooches. You can find these happy haunts in Hall A at Booth #481.
☠️Sneak Peek of new goodies were bringing to #wondercon ☠️
These are hand painted wooden brooches! They're making their debut at booth #481 in Hall A… Make sure you come by and see us this weekend! 🕷️
📸 https://t.co/gSkx3cjboB via https://t.co/KsF8SXlwVm pic.twitter.com/RvdayjGYp2
— Artistic Flavorz 🔜 Next show #animelvegas (@artisticflavorz) March 25, 2019
- Without villains, we would have no heroes. Voice actor Cas Anvar, who will be voicing Ra’s Al Ghul in the animated Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, confirmed his attendance at the panel taking place on Sunday at The Arena.
From the darkness into the comic con light I come #WonderCon
Sunday, March 31st – 1:45p-3:45pm
In the Arena – come see my dark side. #Anaheim #BatmanVsTeenageMutantNinjaTurtles pic.twitter.com/NKNTURQKlD
— Cas Anvar (@Casanvar) March 25, 2019
- Poe Noir, the graphic anthology inspired by Edgar Allen Poe, will grace us with a brand new issue of horrific havoc at WonderCon.
- Mount Olympus Comics will be slinging their wares at Small Press table #28. Swing by and you can pick up a matching set of variant covers for their comic Patronika Year One, with at by Mike Krome and Mark Taduran.
Wondercon starts this Friday and we'll be in Small Press table SP-28 with all our variants! Here is the Patriotika half of the Wondercon Year One connecting covers by Mike Krome and Mark Taduran! Available on our etsy while supplies last starting Thursday: https://t.co/IiWhk2iisd pic.twitter.com/oCcmu0eDsh
— mountolympuscomics (@mtolympuscomics) March 25, 2019
- Robots are taking over the world, and by the looks of the products from Cutebot World, it’s going to be an adorable take over. You can find these enamel pins, and much more, at their Artists Alley DL5.
What else will we have at Wondercon this week??? How about some enamel pins!!! #WonderCon #wondercon2019 #enamelpins pic.twitter.com/C6mGDasblD
— cutebotworld (@cutebotworld) March 25, 2019
- Val Hochberg has managed to amass 140 pieces of original art (and is working on more) that will be available for sale at WonderCon. Not only that, but they are organized by category. In cute tubs. Val gets the gold star for organization today, well done, Val! Check them out at Artists Alley F-57.
Here's 140 original arts ready to go for #WonderCon!! How many more can I get done in the next few days… Is 60 more even physically possible?! *clutches coffee* 😵☕ pic.twitter.com/7hI2KfOQrh
— Valvalchu 💖 (@kickgirl) March 25, 2019
- If you could visit one only one table at WonderCon, you could hardly do better than artist Yoshi Yoshitani, who will have a mind boggling variety of items for sale. Prints, pins, notepads and more, all available at Artists Alley D-19.
- Comic book creator Eben Burgoon will have a selection of Starburns Industries books for sale at Small Press table #05, and will also have the convention exclusive Starburns Industries Activity Book.
Going to @WonderCon?
Come to Small Press-05!
I’ll be there to dish out a lot of goodies like the Starburns Industries Activity Book & other @SBI_Press books!
See all the books:
And more cassette tapes!
Follow @StarburnsInd, too!#wondercon pic.twitter.com/crOCnyuFdN
— Eben Burgoon 🗳 (@EraserNubs) March 25, 2019
- If you were worried that it’s too late to get on a commission list, we have great news. Artist Erik Arreaga is offering commission spots, including blank cover commissions. Don’t procrastinate much longer to contact him to secure your spot.
- A bonus for those planning on snagging one of Justin Harder’s Marvel throw blankets, little sketches will be tucked inside them. These throw blankets are Target exclusives but Justin will have a precious few at WonderCon. Find Justin at CLAUS Booth #1328.
#Wondercon in Anaheim this weekend, these lil’ fellas will be bundled with our throw blankets while supplies last. CLAUS booth #1328!!! pic.twitter.com/YzX18UtBCe
— Justin Claus Harder (@clausstudios) March 25, 2019
- Gotta get that Dark Nights: Metal #1 signed by Scott Snyder? Better plan ahead and make it a priority. As Scott lays out in this tweet, his signings fill up and his pre-signed books sell out quickly. May the odds be ever in your favor.
My 2019 @WonderCon schedule – come by! pic.twitter.com/JA0AOwmugf
— Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) March 25, 2019
- Writer Charles Soule plans on bringing a great selection of his books to sell, but if there is a hole in your collection that you’d like to fill, let him know, he’ll be sure to bring it along. Talk about service!
I’ll be at @WonderCon this weekend in sunny Anaheim! Table E-7 in Artist’s Alley. First show of the season – psyched.
I should have some of everything (Marvel, Star Wars, Curse Words, Oracle Year, Letter 44), but if there’s something specific you want me to bring, let me know.
— Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) March 25, 2019
- We were disappointed to hear that a mysterious “clerical error” has changed the plans of Amy Mebberson and James Silvani. They will no longer be attending WonderCon.
So this year, @silvaniart and I will not be tabling at Wondercon (due to clerical error). We’ll be at Steel City Comic Con and Awesome Con in DC in April! SDCC and D23 Expo will be our SoCal shows for 2019.
— Amy Mebberson (amymebberson on HIVE) (@amymebberson) March 25, 2019
- Make some time in your WonderCon trip to “Roll out!” to the Grand Plaza and get your picture taken with a 12′ tall Bumblebee Transformer. Seriously.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.