Warning! There be SPOILERS ahead. Seriously, if you’re still waiting to see that last episode of Game of Thrones, you’re going to want to skip ahead a little. If you want to see some teases from NECA and Polygon, panel news, and some exclusive reveals, we have lots of those in this edition of Under the Tents.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Russell may be mildly annoying at times, but you can’t deny he’s adorable, especially in Patrick Ballesteros’s latest mini-original he’s bringing to Artists’ Alley Table #DD-08.
Up up and away this fine Saturday! Another mini original waiting for someone to take him home this summer. Oh and stay tuned for the announcement of my first #sdcc exclusive tomorrow. Here’s a hint, all hail the queen!#sdcc2019 #sdcc50 pic.twitter.com/jOrX3TRcki
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) May 25, 2019
- Warning: Game of Thrones spoiler! Scroll down to the next item if you haven’t seen the finale yet! Speaking of Ballesteros, he’s not only bringing mini-originals to SDCC. He pays homage to Bran the Broken in his latest Game of Thrones-themed SDCC print.
On behalf of Bran the Broken & myself thanks for purchasing A GoT print. We sold out in 20 min! For those attending #sdcc I plan on bringing a lot to the show so thx for holding off & allowing a non-con goer the opportunity for 1. Also, stay tuned for something new this Sunday! pic.twitter.com/Rp46pnt1Ge
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) May 24, 2019
- Funko Animation Studios held a panel today at MCM Comic Con displaying their animation techniques behind their Avengers: Endgame animated short. When an enthusiastic fan suggested this panel should also be included at SDCC this year, Funko seemed to tease that fans might see just that.
- It looks like PR exec Chandler Poling will have his hands full at SDCC this year. You’ll find him on a panel for BMI.
#SDCC is shaping up. My music panel w @bmi was confirmed. I've been invited to speak on another. Running PR on the #GalaxyQuestinConcert event on Fri night – plus potential fun shenanigans with @VareseSarabande – who else will be at Comic-Con?
— Chandler (@ChandlerPoling) May 25, 2019
- Who feels they’re up to the challenge of guessing which DC/Dark Horse exclusives NECA plans to bring to SDCC? You can also check out their already-announced exclusives for IT and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
There are 2 DC vs DH exclusives for SDCC and yes one retro clothed 8” and one more. The final four. Place your bets/guesses https://t.co/YsMLLRwsAt
— NECA (@NECA_TOYS) May 25, 2019
- Comic artist Peter Nguyen is busy preparing his material for Artists Alley HH-20 at SDCC.
— Peter v n Osaka comic con ! (@petervnguyen) May 24, 2019
- Pop Cult Plushies revealed their Arthur Fink Joker plushie you’ll find around SDCC this year. Make sure you’re following them on Instagram to find out where you can find Mr. Fink.
- You’ll find podcast host Johnny Kolanski on two panels at SDCC this year, according to his recent tweet: “Making a Living Being Creative” and “The Wristbone’s Connected to the Something: Medical Mix-Ups in Film and TV”.
I'll be moderating not one, but TWO panels at #SDCC 2019. "Making a Living Being Creative" with @Kindergoth is back for its third year, and I've got a new panel, "The Wristbone's Connected to the Something: Medical Mix-ups in Film and TV" with a panel of nerdy physicians.
— Johnny Kolasinski (@cycloptiko) May 24, 2019
- Tim Drake was excited to tweet that his On the Mic podcast will be broadcasting from SDCC once again this year. Look for their panel in the Neil Morgan Auditorium at the library, where the podcast panels always are.
- La Bodega Gallery in the Barrio Logan Arts District has put out a call for artists to submit their work to be featured in this year’s Comic Book Art Show to be held during SDCC on Saturday, July 20.
- Artist Leo Perez heard the call and is looking forward to having his art exhibited at La Bodega Art Gallery during SDCC as part of the Comic Book Art Show.
So I just found out today that I will be in La Bodega gallery’s art show during SDCC! The gallery is in San Diego and is very prestigious to latinx artists and a huge opportunity for me. I don’t have the right words to express how I feel other than: Thank you.
— aka Scott Ball, aka Brazer Mamón (@RealLeoPerez) May 24, 2019
- If you’re in the comics industry, Susana Polo, Comics Editor for Polygon, wants you to keep some time on Friday, July 19 open for some super-secret Polygon plans.
Oh boy, Polygon has BIG EXCITING SECRET plans for SDCC.
Comics friends: You should let me know if you're going to be there, and maybe keep your Friday schedule loose…
— Susana Polo (@NerdGerhl) May 24, 2019
- Ray Costa had some good news to post on Facebook recently. Not only was his panel, Musical Anatomy of a Superhero, approved for the seventh year in a row, but it’s also been upgraded to Ballroom 20 this year.
- Writer Sam Maggs announced via Twitter she is writing a new Captain Marvel mini-series for IDW Publishing, which it looks like she’ll be promoting at SDCC this year.
I guess the cat’s out of the bag:
— Sam Maggs (@SamMaggs) May 23, 2019
I will be there !
— Sam Maggs (@SamMaggs) May 24, 2019
- It’s one thing for a proud mom to brag about her kids. Heck, if all three of my 14-year-old daughters were nominated for an Eisner, I’d never shut up about it. On top of that, Ben Blacker, who will be moderating The Writers Panel, invited Chelsea Cain and the girls to be on his panel. Congratulations are definitely due these talented young women.
I’m moderating a panel at SDCC. I would like y’all on it PLEASE. I will email you.
— Ben Blacker (@BenBlacker) May 24, 2019
- Like Brett Favre’s football career, it seemed like Zombiewalk would always be there. This is not the case, apparently, as they’re scheduling their “13th and Final (No, REALLY) SDCC Zombiewalk.” Respond to their Facebook Event to let them know you’ll be there to see their final walk.