Yesterday’s Marvel news and Funko exclusives had us all in a tizzy and some other news could have fallen though the cracks. Not on our watch! We’ve got a Miyazaki plush, Scarlet Huntress exclusives, art deco sketches and so much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Sean Forney has released details about two SDCC exclusives he’ll have at his Artist Alley table BB-05. The first is a 24″ x 10″ print of his creator-owned character Scarlet Huntress. This print is limited to 25 copies, will be signed and numbered, and feature the SDCC logo. You can pick one up for $20. Sean will also have a new Scarlet Huntress Cryptid Hunting Club button set. This set runs $10 and features six different buttons and is limited to 50 sets. If you fancy a little bit of everything, Sean has you covered with a set of all three Scarlet Huntress comics, the exclusive prints, the exclusive button set and three bonus stickers, all for $35.
- Fans of Alan Davis will be able to find him at the Heroes Initiative booth all five days of Comic-Con. Heroes Initiative will be selling the exclusive cover that Davis did for the latest Overstreet Price Guide. He will also be signing and sketching. You’ll also be able to see Davis’ art on Stone Brewing’s HopCon 7.0 prints and beer bottles.
- PopCult Plushies psoted another tease today, can you figure out what this one is?
We’ve got a very special plushie reveal coming this Saturday! I’m so excited! Here’s a teaser! #mumstheword 🤭#sdcc #comiccon #popcultplushies #sandiegocomiccon #crochetdrop #artdrop pic.twitter.com/JCESOhYORu
— PopCultPlushies (@PlushiesPop) June 18, 2019
- Diana Leto will have a new book of pin-up style illustrations called Sexy But Not Submissive for sale at San Diego Comic Con.
- It just isn’t a real Under the Tests post without something from our prolific pal, Patrick Ballesteros. Here are two more of his 100 mini originals that he’ll have at his table.
These minis are based on Akira & Spirited Away, 2 movies that left a big creative impact on me.
I still refer to these movies whenever I need a dose of inspiration. I might do a few more minis based on these 2 worlds if I do what other characters would you like to see? #SDCC pic.twitter.com/ppsGZv8aMg
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) June 18, 2019
- Comic-Con International has released their schedule for their Independent Film Festival, featuring this year’s magic number, FIFTY films. you can find the schedule on their website. The CCI-IFF takes place in the Grand Ballroom 6 of the Marriott Marquis and Marina Hotel, next door to the Hall A side of the San Diego Convention Center.
- Terry Moore posted a beautiful art deco style sketch that he’ll be bringing with his to Comic-Con.
- Hugo and Nebula award winner and author of Who Fears Death, Nnedi Okorafor, PhD will be attending Comic-Con for at least a few panels.
I’ll be at San Diego Comic-Con this year. 😊
— Nnedi Okorafor, PhD (@Nnedi) May 31, 2019
- Looks like artist Rosemary Reeve is getting all her ducks…err…bunnies in order for SDCC. Wish I had some of that motivation!
Submitted an order for a fresh run of art prints! Replenishing some supply, and having the newer paintings printed for the first time. Getting everything ready for #SDCC next month!
— Rosemary Reeve (@rosemaryreeve) June 18, 2019
- Miyazaki fans are in luck, BeeFy & Co. has revealed their 8″ Chu Totopoo with a magnetic acorn sack. You’ll be able to pick it up at their SDCC booth #1190 or pre-order it on their website.
- KRS Comics has an exciting line up for their booth at Comic-Con. You’ll be able to find artists Tyler Kirkham, Mike Mayhew and David Nakayama.
- And while you’re at the KRS booth, you can pick up these exclusive comics and have them signed.
Who's ready for #SDCC #SDCC2019?!? We've got 3 awesome exclusives avail at booth 4415 from @mike_mayhew @philipsytan and @DavidNakayama! $30 each. Get them signed by all 3!!! pic.twitter.com/7DVp2aZZmT
— KRSCOMICS (@krscomics) June 19, 2019