Did you guys know that we occasionally write about artists? I know, we’re as shocked as you are. But in tonight’s PM edition of Under the Tents, we’ve got news on your favorite Comic-Con merit badges, some adorable new pieces from our friends at Fat Rabbit Farms, a panel with Kevin Eastman, and a whole lot of artists.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Attendee’s least favorite word: SOON! But if you’re patient, you just might earn yourself one of the Con Rangers amazing Comic-Con Merit Badges, which they’ve been prepping for next month.
— The Con Rangers (@theconrangers) June 13, 2019
- Our friends at Fat Rabbit Farm have been busy prepping for San Diego Comic-Con 2019, and this year they’ll have all new designs. We dig these Pandi stickers — keep an eye on this space next week for more.
- Penguin Random House Audio producer Nick Martorell is heading back to San Diego Comic-Con, to talk Star Wars and audiobooks. Will it be at a panel, or at the booth? We’ll have to stay tuned to find out.
— Nick Martorelli (@NickMartorelli) June 12, 2019
- We love us some Nan Hockin, and the creator of all things cute showed off a new watercolor original heading to the con.
- The decision for whether or not to purchase this Jungle Boy Products kawaii piece is — well, it’s a piece of cake.
- Details are scarce at the moment, but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman will be part of a July 20 panel where he will be discussing “all things self-publishing” and will be joined by David Avallone and Ben Bishop.
- What’s an edition of Under the Tents without some crochet talk? Sunny @ SDCC wants your ideas for a Crochet Drop.
Any suggestions and inspirations would be greatly appreciated! I'm planning to bring a Golden Snitch (or two), and I'd like to make a couple more yarn critters for this year #sdcc19 #yarn #crochet #amigurumi #crochetdrop #critterdrop
— Nifty Neuron (@niftyneuron) June 13, 2019
- Graphic design and jewelry artist Elizabeth Wallace showed off a fun piece she’s bringing to the Comic-Con International Art Show at the Grand Hyatt. Swing by to see it in person.
One from the latest batch. This will be in my display at the San Diego Comic-Con Art Show, in the Grand Hall of the Grand Hyatt, right next to the registration desk, no SDCC badge required for entrance 🙂 pic.twitter.com/q07uKKglaF
— Elizabeth Wallace (@LLyzabeth) June 12, 2019
- In addition to some offsite signings at their San Diego location, Mysterious Galaxy also return to Booth #1119 in their normal spot. They’ll also have ticketed signings with authors throughout the convention in the Autograph Area, as per usual.
- The Nerd Queens is partnering with Release the Snyder Cut for a DC-themed social media prize giveaway throughout the convention. Follow along with them on Twitter to follow their hints and win prizes like Blu-ray DVDs and grab bags.
- The Planetary Union Network has a very special giveaway planned for you The Orville fans.
— Planetary Union Network (@planetary_union) June 12, 2019
- You can get an advanced look at The Sequels at the Fanbase Booth during San Diego Comic-Con.
Thank you to @PrintNinja for sharing this advance look at the upcoming TPB for @TheSequelsComic! We look forward to sharing it with readers at the @Fanbase_Press booth at #SDCC 2019! (@ThatNormDude @Fishmas @BobbyTimony @andregower @donnyaguillo @deedala) https://t.co/awkMcunory pic.twitter.com/aLvRE6ZOzJ
— The Sequels (@TheSequelsComic) June 13, 2019
- M.K. Palmer, author of Meraki, will be at Booth #1702, so come say hi.
— MERAKI 🏳️🌈⚔️ (@MerakiComic) June 13, 2019