Another day, another round of San Diego Comic-Con news in Under the Tents, our section which showcases all of the news from offsites to artists to panels and more. In today’s edition, we’ve got exciting news for fans of Locke & Key, commissions, panel news from some TV folks, and more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- IDW Publishing made waves this morning when they teased some new Locke & Key with an image on Twitter, with the words “SDCC 2019” on it. Sounds like you can expect creators Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez to be on hand to make some exciting announcements.
— IDW Publishing (@IDWPublishing) June 12, 2019
- Lolligag — makers of simple, sweet, and cute things — are on the move! You can now find them at Booth #4532, where they’ll have apparel, art toys, enamel pins, plush, and more.
#SanDiegoComicCon is next month! Stop by our booth at our all-new location to pick up the latest, limited-edition Lolligag apparel, art toys, enamel pins, plush and more! Hope to see you there! #sdcc #lolligag #kawaii #SDCC2019 pic.twitter.com/CZfFIJmOtJ
— Lolligag (@_Lolligag_) June 11, 2019
- Artist Jamie Sullivan has a lot of conventions on his appearances list, but SDCC made the cut.
- Creator of The Close, Shoshannah Stern, is heading to San Diego Comic-Con with Supernatural actress Rachel Miner for a panel. Just what do they have planned? We’ll have to wait and see.
- Artist MonkeyMan is prepping for the Comic-Con International Art Show with some new pieces of his TV Heroes series. Married with… superhereos?
— Official MonkeyMan (@MonkeyMan504) June 11, 2019
- One of our favorite things about San Diego Comic-Con is the multitude of amazing artists, all in one place. And there’s just something that much cooler about owning original art — which is why we’ve started a Commissions List, to help connect you with an artist to create something awesome for you for SDCC. And just maybe that artist is Mateus Harding, who is now taking commissions for the con.
I'm taking commissions for SDCC pic.twitter.com/BRSqKc2YnD
— Mattageddon ☄ All The Devils are Here – OUT NOW!! (@MattHardingArt) June 12, 2019
- Badali Jewelry always have fun geek-inspired jewelry for the con, and this year they’ll have some officially licensed Darker Shade of Magic pendants and pins.
“As Travars. To Travel.” ― @veschwab, A Darker Shade of Magic.
Officially licensed #DarkerShadeofMagic jewelry is now available! Here is a freshly cast batch of hand made #AsTravars pendants and pins ready to be worked on. Gearing up for #SDCC! https://t.co/AoJt74G5rO pic.twitter.com/psi7cYtG02
— Badali Jewelry (@BadaliJewelry) June 12, 2019
- Publisher Fantoons are hitting the road for SDCC 2019, where they’ll have their new graphic novel, A Farewell to Kings, about the band RUSH, at Small Press O-07.
— Fantoons (@Fantoons) June 11, 2019
- Freelance visual storyteller Ace Continuado teased a cool Nightwing he’s been inking, which you can grab at Artists Alley BB-23.
- Artist Ben Lee has also been busy prepping for the con with new artwork.
— Ben Lee (@blee412) June 11, 2019