Good morning and welcome to your AM edition of Under the Tents. Who needs coffee when you have this exciting news to perk you up? With 26 days to go until San Diego Comic-Con, the news is really starting to roll in. So let’s jump right into it.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Head designer of Magic the Gathering Mark Rosewater posted on Twitter that the new fall set will be announced at this year’s Comic-Con panel.
They announced on the Magic stream today that we'll be announcing the fall set at my panel at #SDCC. If you want to see me talking about Magic more excitedly than normal and you're at #SDCC, drop on by. #WotCStaff
— Mark Rosewater (@maro254) June 20, 2019
- Author of the Star Wars: Phasma novel as well as IDW comic Star Pig tweeted that she will be attending SDCC with a special cover and signing.
- Nothing says summer quite like watermelon. Fugitive Toys revealed on their Instagram that they will be selling this tasty Tiny Ghost at their Comic-Con booth. Creator Ries O’Brien also posted on Twitter some other designs as well as enamel pins headed for the convention.
I have an announcement hangover after all the craziness we dropped today. See you at SDCC! pic.twitter.com/YNMajyR5MV
— 🜏 Reis O’Brien 🜏 (@reisobrien) June 21, 2019
- Artist Val Hochberg has teased on Instagram a work in progress original drawing she will have for sale that SDCC 2019.
- Weta has taken to Twitter to answer the question on everyone’s mind. They will be at San Diego Comic-Con Booth #3613 selling replicas of the One Ring. Multiple One Rings, and they are going to be…precious.
Plenty of precious' will be on hand, Olivia. Pun intended
— Wētā Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) June 21, 2019
- Impractical Joker James “Murr” Murray responded on Twitter that “Yes” he will be signing his book at Comic-Con 2019. Could a Block Party announcement be far behind?
— Murr (@jamessmurray) June 20, 2019
- Ashley Ferguson of Play Pitch Press tweeted out an invitation to Comic-Con Booth #3513 for Fortnite, Feisty Pets, Roblox, and Domez exclusives, giveaways, and more.
— Ashley Ferguson (@RESETYourRitual) June 19, 2019
- Dan Berry teased on Instagram a work in progress sticker headed for San Diego Comic-Con. It is an image of character Romee from his graphic novel Verdacomb. He can be found at Small Press Q-14.
- Freelance artist Jennette Brown posted on Twitter a preview picture of her banner she is bringing to San Diego Comic-Con. We hope you already got on her pre-convention commissions list, as it’s now closed!
— Artist Jennette Brown 🎨 (@sugarpoultry) June 20, 2019
- Artist Miso posted on Instagram some of her Black Blood Coffins she will be bringing with her to SDCC 2019.
- Katie Lee Grech posted on Instagram that she can be found on a SDCC panel called Pinups and the Life of a Professional Woman Artist.
- Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch seems to be teasing on Twitter that he will be at SDCC this year.
Who’s gonna be at San Diego Comic-Com this year? If yes, please reply to this tweet with an animal emoji 🐒
— Alex Hirsch (@_AlexHirsch) June 19, 2019
- Kimi E known for her quilling art will be doing drops of her art at SDCC. With the art being delicate, it seems she has found a clever solution by encasing the paper in epoxy resin. Check it out on Instagram. Beautiful and industrious.
- Video game and animation voice actress Eliza Jane Schneider responded on Twitter that she will be signing in the Comic-Con autograph area.
Visit me in the autograph area!
— Character Acting Academy (@elizajane2020) June 19, 2019
- Comic book creator, artist and designer Dylan Andrews posted on Twitter that he is taking commission requests prior to SDCC for delivery at the show. If interested, check out the post and respond quickly. There are very limited spots available.
I’ll be wandering around SDCC in July! If you want to pickup a commission from me! Message me and let me know! Only doing pre-show drawings! Very limited spots available!@sandiegocomicconinternational #sdcc #sdcc2019 –
–#batlanticstudios #make… https://t.co/t5R34mO231 pic.twitter.com/57BfiKk57C
— Dylan Andrews (@BatlanticStudio) June 20, 2019
- Author Sherrilyn Kenyon posted pics on Instagram of totes for her books that will be available at Comic-Con booth #1605. Totes.
- Arist Jin Yung Kim posted on Twitter is bring a Vehicle Force Voltron sticker to SDCC CC-08. Stop by and check it out.
New sticker inbound.. #VehicleForceVoltron comin' at ya! I hope they do a spin-off on #Netflix and do this show! Would be awesome to see an updated design on this mech. You can pick one up at #SDCC #CC08! @SD_Comic_Con #Dairuger #superminibots #jyk_allday pic.twitter.com/9mgUtFuQPY
— JYK All Day (@JYK_AllDay) June 20, 2019
- Artist Martin Hsu answered on Twitter will be bringing a painting of this cute pupper with him to SDCC booth #4530.
— Martin Hsu 徐 👨🏻🎨 (@MartinHsu) June 21, 2019
- StarrWilde was kind enough to share with us all on Twitter that Steampunk Fortress will be selling corsets and have a special guest artist selling leather masks. It’s like leather Christmas in Steampunk July.
YES!! #SteampunkFortress has a #Booth this year #4520! We will be bringing #steampunk #corsets this year. And we have special guest artist @mischiefmasks joining us with fabulous #leather #masks. See you in July #SDCC50 https://t.co/ntmmWx9Ebw
— StarrWilde (@StarrWilde) June 20, 2019
- Comic book guy Walter Simonson tweeted he will be at the IDW booth signing his new Ragnarok #1. Schedule to follow.
I'll be at the IDW booth, probably more than once. 🙂 They'll have a schedule up somewhere. At the moment, I've no idea when I'll be there. But I will be there.
— Walter Simonson (@WalterSimonson) June 20, 2019