We don’t want to alarm anyone but after today there are only six more Mondays until San Diego Comic-Con. There is still so much to do, so much to learn and so much to be announced. Let’s put a small dent in that with the first of two Under the Tents posts today. We have lots of work in progress shots of exclusives, a few more panel announcements, a Lieutenant Dangle sighting, and so much more.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Disney Animation artist Lorelay Bove has started working on her SDCC offerings, including these sweet little pieces inspired by a certain tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki room, a galaxy far away and even under the sea.
- Our very own Lisa opened her raven’s third eye and correctly guessed PopCult Plushies newest preview, a Game of Thrones White Walker. Follow PopCult Plushies for a chance to find one of their handmade dolls at SDCC.
@sdccgotgirl nailed it! This walking popsicle will be hiding out @SDCC on Friday July 19th! #GoT may not have a panel this year, but fans can will still have something to look forward to, or look for rather! #SDCC2019 #ComicCon #Whitewalker #popcultplushies pic.twitter.com/DQL3ZUMlrL
— PopCultPlushies (@PlushiesPop) May 31, 2019
- Artist Morghan Gill has been working on her Comic-Con offering, while streaming the process live on Twitch. Follow her on Twitter to see when she’s going live, or watch some of her archived videos.
- Comic book illustrator Ray-Anthony Height doesn’t have many more events on his 2019 schedule, but he will be at SDCC.
- Artist Peter Nguyen posted a fantastic Sabertooth piece that he says is a work in progress for SDCC.
Every time sabertooth guts a poor victim in the stomach there must be a blast of everything or something . How does he get of that of his mane? Can you dry clean that much entrails? pic.twitter.com/J8pkGj0llj
— Peter v n Osaka comic con ! (@petervnguyen) May 31, 2019
- We love, love, love this Yesterdays version of the San Diego Comic-Con logo, announcing that some Misfits pins will be available exclusively at the event.
— Yesterdays (@yesterdaysco) June 1, 2019
- In panel news, writer Marc Bernardin told his Twitter followers that (good news) he’ll be on at least two panels at SDCC but (bad news) there will be no Fatman Beyond live podcast show with Kevin Smith this year.
- Strangers in Paradise creator Terry Moore continues to diligently knock out the sketches for the hardcovers he’ll have at Comic-Con.
- Writer of the stellar Image titles Die and Wicked & Divine, Kieron Gillen has said on Twitter that he “should” be at SDCC. We’re going to hold him to that.
- Continuing with the tiki theme from earlier, here is a peek at some tiny tiki totems that artist George Davis will have at his booth in Small Press, L-14, aisle 1600.
- Actor and New York Times bestselling author Thomas Lennon posted on his Twitter that he’ll be attending SDCC to promote his book, Ronan Boyle and the Bridge of Riddles. We don’t know all the details yet, but hope a panel or book signing is in the works (and we wouldn’t say no to a Reno 911 reunion!)
Friends! I'll be at #SDCC on July 20th talking about my book and Monkey Torture and New Boot Goofin'. To celebrate I thought I would do a giveaway of some copies of #RonanBoyleandtheBridgeofRiddles: https://t.co/Paie937WpP
— Thomas Lennon (@thomaslennon) June 1, 2019
- Eisner award artist Mitch Gerads has a commission list opening later this week. You’ll want to follow Comic Sketch Art for more information. Mitch’s commissions are popular and fill up quickly.
Psst… this week @ComicSketchArt is going to open up my sketch list for a *limited* number of slots for delivery to them at SDCC.
-Single character head/bust only.
-Only on my paper, at my size.
– Like what I did with my last round.
— Mitch Gerads (@MitchGerads) June 2, 2019
- Legend of Korra comic artist Michelle Wong won’t be making the long trek to San Diego Comic-Con, and with a 20+ hour travel time, we can’t blame her. Still, she will be missed by fans.
I can’t make SDCC this year, but will be at NYCC! just booked my flights and I’m still reeling 💀 nothing makes me feel old as much as seeing 20+ hours travel time on the itinerary and already feeling my body crumble
— Michelle Wong (@lokhelle) May 27, 2019
- Writer Hannibal Tabu will have a full schedule at Comic-Con, he’s booked on at least 2 different panels for the same day.
- Artist Ace Continuado says he’s accepting commission requests via e-mail for San Diego Comic-Con. Check out these two examples he posted of Wonder Woman and Nightwing.
- Travis Hanson, creator of the webcomic The Bean, will be attending SDCC and he lists free sketches as a bonus for visiting his table.
- And finally, while we’ve seen all of the NECA exclusives they will have for sale, that doesn’t mean there aren’t more new items they will have on display. SDCC is a fantastic place for them to show off their future products and according to this tweet, they will have Godzilla and something horror related for their “Ultimate” line.
Anything Godzilla or "ultimate" horror related at sdcc?! @NECA_TOYS
— kaiju Michael (@Michael26366695) June 1, 2019