San Diego Comic-Con – the final frontier… OK, not exactly, but we do have some William Shatner news for you in this edition of Under the Tents along with Jen Bartel, Pierce Brown, and a lot more. So boldly read on to find out who will or won’t be at SDCC this year.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Horror/fantasy/sci-fi fanzine Famous Monsters announced their SDCC 2019 exclusive: Famous Monsters Ack-Ives Volume 2: The House of Hammer Variant Cover Edition, an homage to Christopher Lee’s role as Frankenstein’s creation in Hammer Films’ The Curse of Frankenstein.
Announcing 2019’s San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive: Famous Monsters Ack-Ives Volume 2: The House of Hammer Variant Cover Edition!#horror #Frankenstein #SDCC2019
— Famous Monsters (@FamousMonsters) June 18, 2019
- We hate passing on bad news, but this one has a little good/bad news mixed in. Illustrator and comic artist Jen Bartel announced via Twitter that, while she won’t have a table at SDCC this year (the bad news), she will be paneling and signing work (the good news), so at least she will be there.
I will be at SDCC :)! Just not tabling this year, but I will be posting my panel and signing schedule soon 💜 https://t.co/gV9AiNOkX7
— Jen Bartel (@heyjenbartel) June 18, 2019
- Enough bad news. Someone who will be at SDCC this year is comic book writer Eben Burgoon. Find him in Small Press with Starburns Industries and SBI Press with Michael Calero.
- If you’re an admirer of Zorilita-Mary Bellamy’s art (and you’d be crazy not to be), you can stick it anywhere with the set of stickers she’s bringing with her to SDCC. She’s only making these once, so when they’re gone, they’re gone.
- Artist Shelly Rodriguez is bringing one of these two “No Touching” Cactus Crab enamel pins to her inki-Drop table at SDCC. The other will be available on her Patreon, so you still won’t miss out.
- Aaand there’s crochet. Chrissy Callahan (Turtle Bunny Creations) is working feverishly to finish her crochet characters in time for the SDCC Art Show.
- Artist David Correia tweeted the latest painting he’ll have with him at SDCC 2019.
Lil bubblegum painting for San Diego Comic Con! pic.twitter.com/Ieg0uEyrk4
— Dave Correia (@davecorreia) June 18, 2019
- New York Times bestselling author Pierce Brown confirmed via Twitter with a quick “yup” that he will be at SDCC this year. Sadly, with such a concise answer comes little details, so we’ll have to wait and see just where we can find him.
— Pierce Brown (@Pierce_Brown) June 17, 2019
- Speaking of concise (borderline terse) answers, SDCC regular and the OG Captain James Tiberius Kirk William Shatner tweeted that he will not be at SDCC this year. Please overreact appropriately.
— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) June 15, 2019
- Now here’s a real OG. Lloyd Kaufman, the man behind The Toxic Avenger, will be at Booth #4017 at SDCC this year meeting fans, doing photo ops, and signing.
San Deigo Comic-Con International 2019 is coming July 18-21!!!
Come see me at BOOTH 4017
Things are going to get very #toxic in San Diego this summer!!! #SDCC2019 #ComicCon #troma #toxie @lloydkaufman #unclelloydie pic.twitter.com/WCMi874Sy4
— Lloyd Kaufman (@lloydkaufman) June 17, 2019
- Bling Squared Cute Glass always lives up to its name by bringing the cutest glass ornament to SDCC. This year, their SDCC exclusive is a Baby Drake Dragon in Giraffe Pajamas. Where else are you going to find an adorable baby dragon rocking a onesie? At Table #E-05 in Small Press, that’s where.
- Character and story creator Whitney Pollett will be at SDCC at Booth #5777 with a book of ten removable illustrations ready to frame and hang on your wall.
- Artist/toy designer Chris Lee shared a piece he’s working on for SDCC 2019 as well as a color palette for his next set of screen prints.
Anything we missed? Anyone you’re particularly excited to see? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.