We’re down to single-digit days to Comic-Con. Final preparations are being made, both by artists and attendees, for our annual pilgrimage to San Diego. This edition of Under the Tents has SDCC news from Camilla d’Errico, Hanging Chad Entertainment, Planet Awesome, and a lot more.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Artist Lucio Parrillo is going to be very busy at SDCC this year. He’ll be at the DC Booth #4545 signing on Thursday and Sunday as well as performing a stage demo on Sunday. When he’s not hanging with DC, you’ll find him at Scott’s Collectables’ Booth #4401 signing, sketching, etc. He’s also taking commissions, so look for him in our Commissions post, too.
- Artist J. Lynn Warner, himself a U.S. veteran, tweeted he will be offering a discount to all Active Duty servicemembers and veterans at Hanging Chad Entertainment’s Small Press Table #L-09.
— J. Lynn Warner (@josh_L_warner) July 4, 2019
- Planet Awesome keeps adding more guests to Booth #817. Look for Sajad Shah to join them this year from Thursday through Sunday.
SDCC 2019 Guest announcement #4! @sajad_shah will be with Planet Awesome Collectibles (Booth #817) from Thursday, July 18 to Sunday, July 21! #sandiegocomiccon #sdcc #sdcc2019 #sajadshah #planetawesomecollectibles #batman #tmnt #teenagemutantninjaturtles #dceased pic.twitter.com/tSsvr2caEP
— Planet Awesome (@PAcollectibles) July 7, 2019
- Comic-Con is all about making tough decisions, especially for artists trying to decide what to bring with them to their respective tables. Artist Tony Guaraldi Brown has a lot of difficult choices to make when he brings his brilliant work to Table #DD-07 in Artists’ Alley.
- Evie Christian is bringing her bee-utiful painting to the SDCC Art Show.
- Surreal artist Camilla d’Errico is only bringing three of her “Aria” busts with her to Booth #4723, so if you want one of them, better get to her booth super early.
- Bill Walko is the only artist crazy enough to bring Lobo to Small Press Table #O-05 (along with the rest of his amazing original art).
- Armand Baltazar posted some Timeless Robots sketches to his Twitter feed. He’ll have the original paintings with him at Booth #C-5 in the Exhibit Hall.
Hi Everyone! Here is a look at some new Timeless Robot Sketches! The original paintings will be available at our booth at the San Diego Comic Con along with signed books!!! Hope to see you there! Check out the video:https://t.co/sNzCCzO4bW pic.twitter.com/VQGQp9qSyg
— Armand Baltazar (@ArmandBaltazar) July 7, 2019
- If you’re looking for Hellboy creator Mike Mignola at Comic-Con this year, you’ll find him at Hot Chocolate’s Booth #4901 from Wednesday through Sunday. I wonder if they’ll be playing “You Sexy Thing”?
I'll be at booth 4901 at San Diego Comic Con… Wednesday through Sunday. #sdcc2019
— Mike Mignola (@artofmmignola) July 7, 2019
- The Captain Action card game will be back at SDCC this year at Atomic Toybox’s Booth #3921. This year’s exclusive edition features artwork by Jerry Ordway, Paul Gulacy, and Kerry Callen, among others.
Captain Action – #SDCC2019 Exclusive Edition Card Game at booth #3921! With art from Fan-favorite comics artists: @JerryOrdway, @pgulacy1, @KerryCallen and more! The game offers 3-in-1 gameplay, just like the classic @CaptainAction66 card game. @Small_Monsters #SDCC50 #SDCC pic.twitter.com/MWsbXDWwbz
— 🄶🅄🄻🄰🄲🅈 🅐🅡🅣 (@GulacyArt) July 7, 2019
- Visit Lea Hernandez Seidman at Table #BB-09 in Artists’ Alley to see just how much love is in her new Starfire the Magical print.
- Sitcomics has found their new spokesmodel, Barbra Macabre, and she’s just dying to meet all her new fans at Table #K-04 in Small Press.
Barbra Macabre – reanimated supermodel & rhyming host of the new Morbid Museum #comic will make her first appearance EXCLUSIVELY at #SDCC19 small press table K-04 Take her home for only $3.99!!!! #comic #EXCLUSIVE #SDCC2019 pic.twitter.com/OjXaK3j3Zh
— Sitcomics (@Sitcomics) July 7, 2019
- Peter Nguyen went retro on his latest SDCC piece, “Professor X and His Original Children,” which you’ll find at Table #HH-20 in Artists’ Alley. I wonder if Sir Patrick Stewart would sign it if he saw it. Maybe James McAvoy would.
- Fiber artist/seamstress Gina D’Angelo is bringing a ghost army with her to her Super Sox Shop at SDCC this year. I think I know who I’m gonna call about this.
- Martin Hsu will have his Dragon Boy Super League color exclusives with him at Booth #4530.
- Plushie creator Flat Bonnie is sending some of her adorable mini jackalopes to Giant Robot’s Booth #1729 at SDCC. If you can’t go to the con, she’ll also have pre-orders for them on her website.
- Planet Awesome is truly living up to its name this year. You’ll find exclusive limited variants of Eule’s Vision #1 by Marat Mychaels at Booth #817 along with a lot more awesomeness.
- If you have an empty wall that you just don’t know what to do with, may we suggest this 40″ x 50″ Carnage painting by Scott Hattox? Find it at Green Hills Entertainment’s Booth #1829. Make sure to leave room for the second piece to go with this one, too.
- Visit A Shop Called Quest’s Booth #4519 for the “Worst. Crossover. Ever”: Springfield Endgame. The screen printed t-shirt from London pop artist THUMBS features a color pallette from the original Captain America comics as well as your favorite Simpsons characters portrayed as The Avengers. Because why not?