Let’s not beat around the bush, it’s crunch time. News is coming fast and furious, You might find yourself overwhelmed, I know I am. But it’s Under the Tents time. Time for us to chill out, maybe have a beverage, or do whatever you do that clears your head and gets you in the SDCC zone. Ready? OK, good because we have new LEGO sets that will be debuting, SpongeBob pins that need pinning, Eyes Without Faces, and even faces with astronaut helmets, and so much more.
Let’s take a look a the news you might have missed:
- Rick and Morty artist Mike Vasquez will be at Artists’ Alley DD-16 this year, where he’ll have an exclusive 13″x19″ print, featuring many of your favorite A to Z pop culture characters in a new style called “Plumpies”. You can pick it up at his booth, but better hurry, because it’s only limited to 50 hand-numbered copies.
- We have a lot to say about this shrunken head Beetlejuice inspired piece from Christopher Uminga. Mostly it boils down to “what is it and how do I get it?”
Working on something a little creepy for @comic_con,any guesses??? #sdcc #sdcc2019 #art #artist #drawing #artistwip #sketch #beetlejuice #goth #horror #creepy #spooky #uminga @Procreate @SD_Comic_Con pic.twitter.com/wSqcNyOVoG
— Chris Uminga (@Uminga720) July 1, 2019
- The Theater Box is offering a very special menu that you can enjoy either at their location or while enjoying a movie at the TCL Chinese Theatre, featuring items like The Deadpool Wrap, the Captain America Burger, the Shazam! Hot Dog, and more.
- Genevieve Santos will have this delightful 8 x 10″ Hermione Granger print, limited to only 100 copies at her booth. Might want to hop on over to her booth to snag one.
- Zen Monkey Studios will have 2 SpongeBob SquarePants Sweet Victory pins available at the Nickelodeon booth, with more promised for later this year.
- Michelle Scrimpsher has us hearing Christmas bells already….or are they Krampus bells? These holiday ornaments will be available at Comic-Con.
- Forbes has our first look at two more LEGO sets that will be available first to market at SDCC, the anniversary Star Wars: A New Hope Landspeeder set and Ben Kenobi’s Hut set.
- Also over at Forbes, we learn that we’ll be able to demo the upcoming game, Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare at the Bandai Namco Entertainment booth.
- We’re gonna need a bigger camera… to get this awesome Jaws photo-op at the Factory Entertainment booth. Find Bruce and snap a pic at booth #2743… before he snaps you!
- Thank to Oni Press, we now know that Tea Dragon Society creator Katie O’Neill will be signing at their booth Thursday – Sunday.
Announcing @strangelykatie's west coast tour! She'll be making stops in Seattle, Portland, San Fran, San Diego and LA! pic.twitter.com/shL4W3AR4z
— Oni Press (@OniPress) July 2, 2019
- Here’s a sweet reminder that Kneady Bakery is still taking orders for they goodie boxes, perfect for getting you thorough that Hall H line wait.
- Jason Edmiston will have a new Eyes Without A Face for San Diego Comic-Con, and it features man-of-the-season, Keanu Reeves.
- Sey Studios is getting us all excited for Stranger Things Season 3 and SDCC, two things that go great together. Check out this painting you can see at booth #3915 on Thursday, July 18 only.
- Even the robots who will eventually take over our world enjoy a good VR experience, and a good night at the movies, at least according to these prints by Jeff Pina that you can pick up at Small Press Q-06 during SDCC.
- Angie Hu’s new book Watercolor Sketches No. 1 will be available at Comic-Con. You can pick one up at her table, HH-22, in Artist’s Alley.
- And lastly, Artist Whitney Pollett is working hard to make some cool stuff for SDCC…and appears to be succeeding. This drawing is outta this world.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.