We are one more Monday closer to San Diego Comic-Con, which leaves *uses fingers to count*….. only FOUR more Mondays until the main event. While we wait for the exhibitor list, panel schedule, and announcements from the heavy hitters, let’s take a deep dive into who will be there, who is bringing the goods, and who you’re not going to want to miss.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Does thou like to live swagaliciously? Symbiote Studios does and is going heavy with the freebies this year with daily complimentary items that will make you want to swing by and see Catnip Bravo and the whole gang. Announcements start June 21 and you can find them on our website.
Tomorrow we will show the daily free giveaways for this years #sdcc . This year we have upped our game and will have thousands of free stuff. It is a #sdcc tradition. Everyone wins….. if you can find our booth. (Thanks SDCC 😑) jk We love you. ♥️ pic.twitter.com/exIhuh1vY8— Symbiote Studios® | Toy Manufacturer (@symbiotestudios) June 20, 2022
- Artist Dave Kellett isn’t making any promises about doing any commission but invited you to e-mail him and see if a deal can be made. May we suggest you ask for something pug related?
Going to SDCC, yes!— Dave Kellett (@davekellett) June 19, 2022
I don’t think I’m doing commissions this year, but feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will consider it if it’s a fun one! 🙂
- Artist David Wong has one of the busiest convention schedules we have seen in a long time, but we are happy to say that he’s making time for San Diego Comic-Con. He’ll be set up selling all his fun and funky art prints.
- The Heroes & Villains brand, known for their unique and original licensed clothing and accessories, has announced on Instagram that they will be at San Diego Comic-Con where you’ll be able to find these Ahsoka pieces, plus much more.
View this post on Instagram
- Our faces melted with excitement to hear that artist Alex Pardee will be back in his usual spot in July. You can find him and fellow freak of nature Dave Correia at booths #5502 and 5503. If you like art that scares you in the cutest way possible, we think you’ll want to head over there tout de suite!
I haven’t officially announced it yet, but a few of y’all have asked. YES. I will be appearing at San Diego Comic Con in July. Will be there all 5 days alongside my Yoda, @davecorreia. Booth 5502/5503 same spot as before the Thanos Blip that we all experienced for 2 years.👻#sdcc pic.twitter.com/AXAWX7rodg— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) June 19, 2022
- Have y’all stated packing yet? Made a packing list? Thought about buying larger luggage? No? Well, you can’t fault Priscilla Wilson of Valor & Vellum for getting an early start on packing her beautiful San Diego Comic-Con exclusive prints. Check out our post for all of Priscilla’s exclusives and events.
- Ethan Castillo may not be in love with this Woverine sketch of his, but we are, bub! We hope this makes it to Ethan’s table in Artists Alley this year.
- We have heard Weta Workshop might not have a booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year — instead, they’re bringing the convention experience to Auckland, New Zealand with Weta Workshop Unleashed featuring workshops, reveals and much more.
As part of the celebration, they will be marking the 20th Anniversary of Lord of the Rings with a panel and Q&A with Richard Taylor, Daniel Falconer, and several Wētā Workshop artists. Seating is very limited so RSVP if you can make it in person, otherwise, you can catch it on their Facebook Live stream.
This year we’re bringing the San Diego experience back to Wētā Workshop Unleashed in Auckland💥 https://t.co/zcxK72UZJq— Wētā Workshop (@WetaWorkshop) June 20, 2022
Join us for collectible reveals, deals, FX workshops and the chance to meet some of the artists behind our creative magic – including Richard Taylor himself. pic.twitter.com/PlOsx78vju
- You will be able to find costume concept artist for The Boys, Birds of Prey, and other beloved projects, Greg Hops, on a panel at San Diego Comic-Con. No hints about the subject matter but we’re sure with Hops there it will be entertaining.
Well I’m going to be at @Comic_Con this year for a panel… 🤷🏻♂️— Greg Hops (@greghops) June 19, 2022
- Dan Veesenmeyer’s previous work in progress, an X-Men The Animated Series concept art print, has now moved into the hands of the printer. The finished product can’t be far behind.
As Beast would often say…”Eureka!”…— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) June 20, 2022
My X-MEN TAS storyboard career print completed.
Off to the printer.
Then SDCC!✌️ pic.twitter.com/olodcZSwyJ
- Terry Moore’s Abstract Art booth will have an all new banner to attract your attention, including a spot for Moore’s new series, Parker Girls.
- While you are checking out Moore’s new banner, you’ll also be able to pick up this temporary tattoo for Parker Girls.
- STEM advocate Sydney Hamilton is promising STEM activities galore this year, as well as a panel presence.
If anyone is going to ComicCon San Diego be on the lookout because I will be hosting STEM Tables and be a part of one of the panels! I'd love to see you there!— Sydney Hamilton | STEM Advocate (@SeeSydSoar) June 20, 2022
More info to come! 🤟😜
- Seven Bucks A Pop made a huge splash at WonderCon with their booth activities including several stellar signings. We are happy to see they are bringing that same excitement to San Diego Comic-Con with mystery grails and (to be announced) signings.
Ready for some BIG news? WE'RE GOING TO #SDCC!— 7 Bucks A Pop (@7BucksAPop) June 20, 2022
The stars aligned and the flights are booked, 7BAP and MysteryGrail are going to make our San Diego Comic Con debut! We'll be at booth 4945 (right near Funko!) Stay tuned as we'll be announcing more details from now until the show. pic.twitter.com/wt4mBZFtgE
- We love it when Don Nguyen posts his convention “friends lists.” Since we’re still waiting on the official exhibitor list, this is a great chance to see a whole slew of people who have confirmed they will be attending, all in one handy list. Don will be at Artist Alley HH-03, be sure to swing by and say hello!
- And finally today, Val Hochberg is trying to catch ’em all…..in sketch form at least. She is up to 60 inked pieces for San Diego Comic-Con and isn’t stopping anytime soon. Val welcomes your suggestions for characters on Twitter.
I currently have 60 new art pieces inked! I’ll be starting on coloring them next week sometime! Til then I’ll be drawing like the wind! ✍️— Valvalchu 💖 (@kickgirl) June 20, 2022
If you have suggestions, please leave a comment! But I can make no promises! 💖 pic.twitter.com/7NvQgLrNtY
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.