Happy June 8 everyone, also known as “Ghostbusters Day!” We are about to slime you with a whole host of San Diego Comic-Con tidbits, including a bit of Ghostbusters news! Most lips are sealed regarding panel content but we’ve found a few new announcements to share. Exclusives and original art are getting their finishing touches and swag is being prepped as we type this. If you are looking for SDCC news, then who ya gonna call? UBlog, of course!
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist Martin Hsu may not have been able to attend WonderCon, but he’s making up for it with what he’s bringing to San Diego Comic-Con. I spy with my little eye lots of prints, originals, vinyl figures and more.
Sometimes I forget just how much stuff I’ve made… then I look up 😅— Martin Hsu 徐 👨🏻🎨 (@MartinHsu) June 6, 2022
You’ll see some of them at SDCC next month 🥳 pic.twitter.com/E5p8lVPEIQ
- ¡Ay, dios mio! The creative team behind the Faustian Luchadore comic, La Mano del Destino, teased on Twitter a very small bit of a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive they have in the works.
The sneakiest of previews that I can currently share. If you’re headed to SDCC I’m going to have a pretty rad EXCLUSIVE going on at that show.— J. Gonzo (@lamanocomic) June 6, 2022
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO!
.#sdcc2022 #sdccexclusive pic.twitter.com/FSC9xjwMWl
- Felix Comic Art, purveyors of original comic book art from a huge roster of artists, will be making a stop and SDCC bringing with them some of their very fine talent. No word on if this full list will be in attendance, but any of these artists would be a welcome addition to the exhibit floor. Be sure to check out their website for all their signing guidelines.
So proud to work with these supreme talents…our updated convention banner for 2022! Shows are back…and so are we. We will be attending Heroes, SDCC, C2E2, ECCC, and NYCC. Working on others as well. Looking forward to seeing you all in person again! https://t.co/JxJMpgSSZm pic.twitter.com/PJPFHTbKWH— Felix Comic Art (@FelixComicArt) June 6, 2022
- The official #SaveDaredevil fan campaign is riding high after the announcement that we’d be seeing Daredevil on the screen again and is celebrating with SDCC swag giveaways and a fan meet-up scheduled for Thursday, July 21. If you’re a fan of all things happening in Hell’s Kitchen, you’ll want to give them a follow.
First – we're currently designing ✨brand-new #WeSavedDaredevil swag✨ to unveil at this year's #SDCC! Our team will be back on the ground in San Diego in July to cover the con and any #Daredevil news. Thurs 7/21 is the date to save for our fan meetup – more details to come! 🗓️ pic.twitter.com/YrIULdzfwA— #WeSavedDaredevil (@SavedDaredevil) June 6, 2022
- The LA Ghostbusters have are bringing something strange to the Gaslamp neighborhood….we’re here for it, whatever it will be.
Something strange is coming to San Diego – 7/23/2022— LA Ghostbusters (@TheRealLAGB) June 8, 2022
Stay tuned and Happy Ghostbusters Day.#ghostbusters #ghostbustersafterlife #ghostbusterscosplay #crossrip2022 #masshysteria #sandiegocomiccon #sdcc #ghostbustersday pic.twitter.com/JNKHNHBEAH
- Well blow me down! Max Fleischer Cartoons, the folks behind the 4k restorations of Popeye, Betty Boop and other classic animated cartoons, will have a panel during Comic-Con.
- Collider’s Steven Weintraub continues to tease us regarding his previously announced panel and a possible high profile screening.
putting on a cool @Comic_Con panel is a lot of work! Cannot wait to share what I'm working on.— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) June 6, 2022
Also if you're going to be at #comiccon in July @collider might be doing a very special screening. If it comes together I am 1000% sure demand for tickets will be huge. pic.twitter.com/JjcecdLIkr
- It’s been three years since the last San Diego Comic-Con and during that time the world of comics has suffered several great losses. One of those was prolific writer Brian Augustyn, author of Gotham By Gaslight, Crimson and much more. Fellow writer Patrick Gerard will be participating in a panel to celebrate the life and the work of Brian, along with his good friend Mark Waid.
I'll be part of the #SDCC panel "Remembering Brian Augustyn" along with Mark Waid and possibly some other guests. More details to come.— Patrick Gerard 🇺🇦 (@PatrickGerard01) June 7, 2022
- Designer toy creator Jeremy Bourquin has something mysterious in the works with DKE Toys for SDCC. We don’t know what it is but we feel compelled to buy it.
View this post on Instagram
- The team from the weekly talk show, The Roll Out, will be leading a discussion regarding the lack of equality in the geeky entertainment industry.
The Roll Out is coming to San Diego @Comic_Con. @LinsayRousseau & @GenevieveNylen are so excited to be bringing our panel on the the lack of gender parity in geek entertainment. Stay tuned for updates. #sdcc #comiccon #geekgirls— The Roll Out (@TheRollOutGeek) June 7, 2022
- “Helloooooooo nurse!” You don’t need to commission James Silvani if you want some original art, he’ll be bringing along a slew of 9″ x 12″ originals for you to peruse. Get to booth #5555 early for the best selection.
While I’m not taking commissions at SDCC, I will have plenty of original art at booth 5555. 9×12” starting at $120. Comes with free Abba Zaba bar while supplies last.— James Silvani (@SilvaniArt) June 7, 2022
*UPDATE* Abba Zabas are gone! pic.twitter.com/bsdUZHyYdY
- Over on Facebook, artist Joseph Schamlke showed off this SDCC exclusive from El Rey Comics of Hail Crow: King of Hell.
- After a very “chibi” WonderCon, artist Jeff Pina is taking a more serious turn with his sketch covers, which will be decidedly “non-chibi” from here on out. We like both of these styles Jeff, and everything in between.
A #WIP #sketchcover for #SDCC !— Jeff Pina Makes Comics! (@JeffPina78) June 7, 2022
I've decided that the #sketch #covers won't be in #chibi style except in rare cases from here on out.#spawn #gunslinger #gunslingerspawn #ink #originalart #original #comic #sandiego pic.twitter.com/5fPzZ7XepL
- Who can resist taking a ride on a “Gonk” Droid? Not this little Jawa by Val Hochberg. In addition to this print, Val will be opening up her commissions starting next week.
Another new print for #SDCC! Jawa and his droid friends 💖😋💖— Valvalchu 💖 (@kickgirl) June 7, 2022
I hope that you like it!
I’ll be opening up SDCC Chibi Commissions next week! (I think on Monday?!) So for peeps attending SDCC… keep yer eyes peeled! 👀✨ pic.twitter.com/bI9erUyu6K
- Panel information is still finding its way out, including those for the Comics Arts Conference portion of the convention. Sydney Hiefler will be on the very fashionable “From Mopsy to Trina: Mid-Centurey Fashions in Comics and It’s Legacy” along with Michael Dooley and Trina Robbins.
Excited to be on the round table "From Mopsy to Trina: Mid-Century Fashion in Comics and Its Legacy" with Trina Robbins and Michael Dooley for the Comics Arts Conference @Comic_Con— Sydney Heifler (@romancecomicbks) June 7, 2022
This panel is a fantasy project I never thought I'd get to do.#comicsstudies #fashionstudies pic.twitter.com/63oDkhXhhF
- Someone else excited to have a panel selected for the Comic Arts Conference is J.A. Willetts, who will be discussing DC Comics and post-war America.
Delighted to announce that I will be presenting at the Comics Arts Conference as part of @Comic_Con along with @ViolaBurlew.— Lockheed Martini (@JAWilletts) June 7, 2022
We'll be talking about DC and the forging of post-War American society, through atomic bombs and the role of women! #ComicsHistory #ComicsStudies
- Lastly today, summer is a great time for some undersea adventures and Shelly from Inki-Drop is sketching away to set the tropical scene. That crabby pineapple sure doesn’t look to crabby!
Oh! Hey! Have a sketch! Some sdcc stuff pic.twitter.com/yHNk1IhAoW— shelly @ Dokomi (@inki_drop) June 8, 2022
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.