It’s Friday! Friday! Gotta get down on Friday! Whether you’re sitting in the front seat or kickin’ it in the back seat with your friends this weekend, we have some awesome San Diego Comic-Con 2022 news to share with you today, including announcements from con favorite Dude Vader as well as the Executive Story Editor behind Netflix’s recently announced Dragon Age anime series. It’s a packed Under the Tents today, folks.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- You’ll find comic creator Zack Kaplan all over the Exhibit Hall floor at SDCC this year hanging with Image Comics, Vault Comics, and Top Cow.
- Fellow comic creator Jeff Pina shared a work-in-progress of his scorching Dark Phoenix Marvel Variant comic cover. She’ll be burning up his table in Small Press, #Q-06.
- Christopher Canole, better known to SDCC attendees as “Dude Vader,” confirmed via Twitter that Doug Marcaida, History Channel’s Forged in Fire weapons expert, will be a special guest on his SDCC panel, “Star Wars Samurai Universe.” Keep an eye on our upcoming panels post for date, time, and location info.
- Have you missed all the Comic-Con crochet news? We definitely have, which is why we were stoked to see podcaster/teacher Morgan le Slay’s tweet searching for more inspiration for her critter drops.
- Actress, writer, and now, comic creator Hannah Rose May will be at SDCC this year to promote her new comic, Rogue’s Gallery, from Image Comics. Check our upcoming panels post and autographs post (respectively) for any panel and signing info she announces.
- Have you really been to San Diego Comic-Con if you haven’t stopped at Symbiote Studios’ booth to play rock-paper-scissors with Catnip Bravo? This year, you’ll find some nifty exclusives, which they’ll be announcing next week. As always, we’ll also find lots of free pins and merch when we stop at Booth #3249.
- Archie Comics artist and writer Dan Parent is going to be busy at SDCC this year, as it looks like he has plans both at the convention and with the Comic-Con Museum.
- Marvel artist Peter V. Nguyen showed off his latest Magik sticker to his Twitter followers. Will we see it at SDCC this year? We’ll have to swing by Artists Alley Table #HH-20 to find out.
- Independent comic book grading service CGC Comics will be hosting a (shh!) private signing with DC artists Daniel Sampere and Bruno Redondo at SDCC this year. Each artist will also have Remarques you can buy at Table #4315. Deadline for submissions is July 5, 2022.
- Executive Story Editor Mellow Brown, whose credits include American Gods, Blade Runner: Origins, and “a major, Blockbuster anime series from Netflix that is currently deep in production overseas” (which we just found out today to be Dragon Age), tweeted that he will not be at SDCC this year due to scheduling conflicts (“filming”).
- Last, but certainly far from least for today, indie bookstore Mysterious Galaxy announced via their website that they will be back at SDCC this year. They’ll be holding author signings at Booth #1119 and in the Autograph Area during the con, so stay tuned for more details as they become available.
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.