“Monday, Monday. Can’t trust that day.” What you can trust is that we’re bringing you some of the hottest SDCC news out there. We don’t like Mondays, either, but we love the news from “Zorilita” Mary Bellamy, Val Hochberg, Jeff Pina, and a lot more. We hope this news makes your Monday feel like a Friday.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- It’s not easy keeping a juicy secret, especially when you’re tabling at SDCC. Mario Telles was finally able to unburden his soul when he let his Instagram followers know MetaZoo Games will be at Booth #1629 in the Hall C area.
View this post on Instagram
- CCI started sending out panel confirmations recently, and Artists Elite Comics is among those happy campers who got the good news. They haven’t mentioned any specifics yet, but their Artists Elite Presents #1 releases on July 19, so it’s probably a safe bet that will figure prominently.
- If you’re lost in a strange alley with a bunch of strangers, Artists Alley is the best place for that to happen. While you’re there, you’ll bump into prolific author/director/U.S. State Department Envoy David Mack at Table #HH-07.
- We’re big fans of artist Val Hochberg, so we’re very excited for her SDCC commissions to open “in the next week or two.” Keep an eye on our SDCC Commissions post for all the juicy details and how to order.
- Artist Matt BATT Banning shared his summer 2022 convention appearances on Twitter, and we were happy to see SDCC on his list. Look for him in Artists Alley at Table #II-04.
- Another excited pending panelist is comic artist Patrick Gerard. He’ll be alongside “some serious veteran comics talent” at what reads to be a pretty emotional SDCC panel. I might need some tissues for this one.
- Hold that door (too soon?)! Avid Game of Thrones podcaster Amin Javadi is hosting a Game of Thrones fan discussion panel along with several of his fellow GoT podcasters at SDCC this year.
- Actress/Gamer/all-around nerd Jessica Verdi is going to be living her best life at SDCC this year. Look for her on some panels and, from the looks of things, a lot more. This is what I call Comic-Con energy.
- With all the changes we’ve been through over the past 2+ years, it’s refreshing when we see some things that have remained the same, like artist Jeff Pina being back at Small Press Table #Q-06.
- Boop-boop-bee-doop-BOOP! If you didn’t hear that, ask your grandparents. Cartoon voice actor Sandy Fox teased her Twitter followers with some convention signing info, and SDCC was on that list. Look for more details in our Autographs post as we get closer to the con.
- You can’t keep a good hooker down (that’s Geeky Hooker, you dirty birdie!). Another SDCC tradition we’re thrilled to see returning is Geeky Hooker’s crocheted critter drops. Make sure you’re following her socials to see where you can find these adorable delights.
- Finally (for now), if you’re not thrilled with the lanyard CCI gives you, swing by Table #N-04 in Small Press and visit “Zorilita” Mary Bellamy, where she can hook you up with something much more adorable.
Anything we missed? Leave us a comment below or tweet us @SD_Comic_Con and let us know!