“Comic-Con is almost here. The smell of pretzels and hot dogs woft near. Mylanta on hand, you go forth with no plan, no agenda, simply a sneer.
Comic-Con is almost here. The cosplayers looking regal, “Is that Jason Segal” scurrying through the Bayfront Hilton you wonder, the upheaval answers your query.
Comic-Con is almost here.”
Let’s take a look at the San Diego Comic-Con 2023 news you might have missed:
- The Jack Kirby Museum & Research Center looks to have some sort of presence at Comic-Con this year based off of the calendar located on the site. You can find the calendar here and just scroll to the July.
- Mouse Guard creator David Petersen is headed to San Diego Comic-Con this year. The question was asked on Twitter if David would be attending and David gave a “yes” response, and it doesn’t get much more clear cut than that.
- Comic book and Eisner winner Colleen Doran will be a Special Guest at Comic-Con this year. On top of that, Colleen revealed on Twitter that there will be a spotlight panel and a Comic-Con Museum Exhibit panel that you can catch her on, ahead of her fall Museum exhibit.
- I love a good donut but what I enjoy even more is a themed donut! Donut Bar in San Diego recently teased a Super Mario themed donut along side the use of #sdcc. We’re hungry already.
- GM and Youtube creator RealSmith recently announced they will be putting on a live show from Comic-Con this year. Get your favorite set of dice ready!
- Artist Ethan Castillo is teasing some of his upcoming work for Comic-Con. There’s one think we’re pretty sure of: That Spider-Man will be involved somehow.
- DSTLRY Media recently confirmed on Twitter that it will have a limited preview run of Devils Cut available during Comic-Con this year.
- Geeky Hooker will be once again leaving little hand made surprises (aka “crocheted critters”) around the convention center and recently showed off some of the creations that you should be on the look out for this year. Are you hoping to pick up a mini Mystique, Negative Man, or Namor?
- Artist Carla Cohen will be making their first US appearance in three years at Comic-Con. You’ll be able to find Carla at NR City Booth #2048 for signings and sketches. Carla also has a limited number of commission spots currently open.
- Let sleeping rabbits lie. Martin Hsu, who you’ll be able to find at Booth #4530, will be debuting this gorgeous print at SDCC this year in celebration of Year of the Rabbit.
- It’s Wario as you’ve never seen him before! You’ll be able to get your hands on this bee inspired Wario at Comic-Con (and online starting June 23) thanks to artist Camilla d’Errico who you can find at booth #4723.
- Nick Kremenek is working on a project for SDCC and while most details are still scarce, he has debuted the name and logo for it: Project ReForge. We’re excited to see exactly what he’s been reforging.
- Wondering if the San Diego MTS will be bringing back the trolley passes for Comic-Con this year? So were we. This mysterious tweet might be a good sign that they are indeed returning.
- Planning on checking out the Comic-Con Museum while in San Diego for SDCC? It looks like new exhibit details will be announced in June!
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2023 posts, you can find them HERE.