We are just over three weeks until San Diego Comic-Con, and the trickle of San Diego Comic-Con news is about to turn into a flood. There’s so many awesome things still to be announced, but we’ve got a few for you this morning, including word of Collider’s panel (with footage!) from some upcoming films, tips for scoring your pre-orders from Yesterdays, exclusives from several companies, and more.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- If you’ve been (im)patiently waiting for news on Peach Momoko’s first SDCC appearance, Trinity Comics has you covered. They revealed the line-up of their artists, which includes:
- Adi Granov – Booth #5557
- Peach Momoko – Booth #5557
- E.M. Gist – Artists Alley #II-08
- Scott Williams – Artists Alley #II-06
All have have San Diego Comic-Con exclusives at their booths, and Trinity Comics will be releasing three covers from Granov and Momoko. They will also be releasing a set of two books of Granov’s and two books of Momoko’s for a special pre-order before the show. The first 300 to purchase will have guaranteed access to a “very limited” SDCC both exclusive (and there will be no pre-sales on the actual booth exclusive). Gist will also have an exclusive available at his booth.
- It’s time for a new San Diego Comic-Con tease from artist Patrick Ballesteros. Have you guessed the theme of his next print?
- Yesterdays offered up a helpful hint on social: If you’re planning to pick up your pre-orders for their San Diego ’23 shirts or Misfits item and not make any additional purchases, if you swing by Booth #1028 after 3pm, there won’t be much of a wait.
For those of you looking to only pick-up preorders and not make any new purchases, it’s best to drop by the booth anytime after 3pm. The line should be minimal and we will have your items ready. https://t.co/56iEM2mE0N— Yesterdays (@yesterdaysco) June 24, 2023
- And speaking of Yesterdays, if you didn’t get your order placed in time for their Misfits items, they’ll have a “very limited stock” at Booth #1028.
- Get x-cited, because the annual X-Men Fandom Panel returns! On Sunday, July 23 you can join X-Reads Podcast and other panelists for a rousing conversation about the state of the X-Men fandom, as well as a special surprise swag item while supplies last.
Mark your calendars and save the date as the X-Men Fandom Panel will return to #SDCC this July on Sunday 7/23 at 1:30pm. Stay tuned for panelist announcements and a special surprise swag item you won't want to miss 👀 #xtwitter #xmenfandom pic.twitter.com/UK5FNrv6lw— X-Reads Podcast | X-Men Nerd Haven (@xreadspodcast) June 25, 2023
- Meow! Stop by Crazy Cat Collectibles Booth #429 for their San Diego Comic-Con exclusive Thunderbolt Squad Whiskey-Sour Mecha Girl (Nuclear Gold Reconstruction) 1/9 Scale Figure. This fully articulated figure comes with three alternate face plates, alternate hands, a cape, spear, two swords, two daggers, and a base. You can pick it up for $100 at the con, and it’s limited to just 100 pieces.
- Worried that Hall H will be empty and devoid of new footage this year? Well fear not, because Steven Weintraub, Editor-in-Chief of Collider, confirmed that his Directors on Directing panel will be returning to the con this year, and he’ll be premiering footage from two upcoming films. Who are your guesses for which director(s) might be on the panel?
With the DGA not going on strike I can say my #ComicCon panel is happening for sure. Last year a did a Directors on Directing panel and I’m doing it again this year. Will hopefully announce this week. The panel will premiere new footage from 2 upcoming films… pic.twitter.com/v7DMNQw8Ru— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) June 25, 2023
- Gotta catch ’em all! You can try to catch this crochet Leafeon at the convention — so stay tuned to @dsgnjenn to try to snag him.
View this post on Instagram
- The Goon is coming for you, SDCC. Eric Powell teased “something in the works” for the convention and it looks decidedly Goon-y.
- Artist Jeff Pina has been a very busy guy, making tons of new original art for Small Press #Q-06. Which one is your favorite?
BRAND NEW One-of-a-kind Ink & Marker pieces that will be up for grabs at SDCC!!! Small Press SP-Q06!!! Grab em quick!@SD_Comic_Con #sdcc #art #StarTrek #disney #starwars #dccomics #MarvelComics #harley #MoonKnight #batman pic.twitter.com/XjEouR0vc7— Jeff Pina SDCC SP-Q06! (@JeffPina78) June 25, 2023
- Artist Bob Draws Stuff, also known as Bob McKeone, gave fans a peek into his newest print for San Diego Comic-Con, which looks to be for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Cowabunga…
View this post on Instagram
- It can’t all be good news, we’re afraid. Weta Workshop has confirmed they again won’t have their own booth on the show floor this year, but they will have a panel (or possibly even panels), with Richard Taylor himself on hand. They also promise you’ll find new Weta products across the show floor at other booths.
- Writer Charles Soule confirmed that he will be on hand to support his newest novel, The Endless Vessel, and revealed that it will be getting a SDCC-exclusive cover. He also teased that there will be “a number of Star Wars/High Republic things”.
I will be at SDCC this year, supporting my new novel THE ENDLESS VESSEL, the brand-new hardcover collection of EIGHT BILLION GENIES (which has a SDCC-exclusive cover) and a number of Star Wars/High Republic things. Gonna be a hell of a show.— Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) June 26, 2023
- Award-winning designer and creative director of helloMuller, Tom Muller, let slip that he’ll be on a panel at this year’s con, and if you see him wandering around the show floor, you might snag a helloMuller postcard from him.
I'll be at #SDCC next month!💥— Tom Muller (@hellomuller) June 26, 2023
I'm scheduled to be on 1 panel + the Eisner awards, and beyond that I'll be floating around the convention trying to see as many folks as I can. See you there, and you might get one of the new helloMuller cards! pic.twitter.com/OrZATnQtYa
- Super7 looks to be starting their SDCC reveals very soon (including what is likely to be the return of their usual pop-up at their physical brick-and-mortar location in the Gaslamp). We think it’s going to be super!
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2023 posts, you can find them HERE