We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- There will be a NOH8 End Bullying panel on Sunday July 21 at 4PM, featuring panel guests Chase Masterson, Jane Espenson, Husbands Producer/Star Brad Bell, Bonnie Burton and Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Her Universe’s Ashley Eckstein. [via @JennaBusch, @ChaseMasterson, thanks kerrydixon]
— Jenna Busch (@JennaBusch) June 13, 2013
— Chase Masterson (@ChaseMasterson) June 13, 2013
- The 501st Legion, the international volunteer and charity costume group of Star Wars Imperial officers, has announced via Facebook its SDCC Costuming Panel VI will also be on Sunday July 21 from 11AM – 12PM. [thanks kerrydixon]
- The Great Rebellion announced via Twitter the annual MattyCollector panel will be Friday July 19 at 11AM. [thanks kerrydixon]
Matty panel at SDCC will be Friday July 19th at 11 am pst. Kelly will be covering this event!
— The Great Rebellion (@GreatRebellion) June 13, 2013
- Husbands, the award-winning web series created Jane Espenson, will be having its panel Friday July 19 at 7PM, Writer/Producer Espenson announced via Twitter. [thanks kerrydixon]
— Jane Espenson (@JaneEspenson) June 13, 2013
- Verizon is giving fans a chance to win a trip to San Diego and access to all events at this year’s Nerd HQ. The “Verizon Super Sweeps” is sponsored by Marvel and lists “See the real MK 42 armor from Marvel’s Iron Man 3”. Could this be a more close relationship between Marvel and Nerd HQ this year? [via When Nerds Attack]
[UPDATE] Digging into the official rules for the sweeps, our own James Riley found some interesting tidbits:
1. The prize includes “access for the winner and guest to a Nerd HQ dance party at Petco Park on July 20, 2013”. So, Petco Park confirmed, no surprise.
2. The winner gets access to all the events at Nerd HQ, but they will only be able to attend one per day.
- The Comics Reporter‘s Tom Spurgeon has migrated his annual SDCC tips over to the Toucan Blog, the Official Blog of Comic-Con International. Forget everything you’ve read elsewhere – Tom’s tips are comprehensive and concise, and the kind of thing you only get from someone who is a true veteran of the convention. Check them out now.
- As mentioned by our own Shawn Marshall on last night’s SDConCast, it’s the King of the Awesome himself, Retro Outlaw’s Evel Fett figure.
Standing over 12-inches tall, Evel Fett has a removable cape and includes a “swagger stick”, and will go for $120.