We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Grant Bowler, star of Syfy’s popular series Defiance, has confirmed via Twitter the show will have a panel on Friday, July 19.
“@LaughItOff03: @GrantBowler please meet me at san diego comic con this year? Come to the #Defiance panel on the Friday to meet us all!,
— Grant Bowler (@GrantBowler) June 20, 2013
- Ming Na, star of ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., sent out a couple of tweets last night teasing SDCC attendees who follow her on Twitter will be eligible for a “special treat” from the actress.
Thanks 4 the correction, M.O.B.! If you're going 2 #SDCC, LMK! Follow me & be eligible 4 a special treat from me! #AgentsofSHIELD
— Ming-Na Wen (@MingNa) June 19, 2013
Later, she teased her contest and a special prize. Wonder what that could be?
Going 2 #SDCC in July? LMK! Follow me, so I can add u to #MOB-SDCC list & make u eligible 4 my #Contest ! #Prize #AgentsofSHIELD
— Ming-Na Wen (@MingNa) June 20, 2013
- We had previously seen hints that Syfy’s Haven would be returning to SDCC this year, but now we’ve seen confirmation via Twitter from the show’s lead, Emily Rose, that the show would indeed have a panel this year.
People we have a panel this year at comic-con. Will we see you there?!!! #haven4
— Emily Rose (@EmilyroseLA) June 20, 2013
- We now have confirmation from two sources that FX’s Wilfred will be at Comic-Con this year. The first comes from the show’s actress Fiona Gubelmann, which makes us think she’ll be a panel guest as well:
@wilfredFX is officially going to San Diego Comic Con!! Woohooo!! Can't wait 😀
— Fiona Gubelmann (@FionaGubelmann) June 5, 2013
The second comes from Executive Producer David Zuckerman, who confirmed the panel will include an episode screening which he described as a “series ‘event'”:
Did I mention WILFRED is coming to #ComicCon? And I believe the episode we will be screening qualifies as a series "event"!
— David Zuckerman (@David_Zuckerman) June 18, 2013
- Calling back to one of our first SDCC exclusive stories of the year, famed writer of Chew, John Layman, announced via Facebook he’s giving us the Chog exclusive we speculated we’d get. Even better, it’s glow-in-the-dark. In addition to the Chog, there’s also more on prints, shirts and a change to limited signing times. Here’s what he wrote last night on his Facebook page:
Getting my shit together for SDCC. 1000 copies of a variant cover, a debut of a new shirt, and glowy-Chogs. Plus, maybe prints. And timed signings. Probably four hours a day, two on Preview Night. No more killing ourselves sitting at booth 8+ hours a day.The good news is we’re getting the items we hoped for! The bad? Another long line we’ll be seeing you all in.
- Lastly, Nerd HQ finally confirmed its Petco Park location, with an update on its website. Not a lot of new information here, besides the location confirmation, the increase in ticket price for its “Conversations for a Cause” panels from $20 to $22 each, still benefiting Operation Smile; and that we would be hearing more about the Conversations schedule “in the coming days”:
This year’s panels, which will be announced in the coming days, are sure to bring fun surprises and intriguing discussions
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.