We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
You can read yesterday’s Late Edition here.
Here’s the rest of the stuff you might have missed for today:
- Michael Ausiello of TVLine revealed that “thanks to a bit of hocus pocus”, actress Lana Parrilla will indeed be on the Once Upon a Time panel on Saturday.
- Actor Michael McMillan, best known as Steve Newlin from True Blood and also author of comic series “Lucid” and “True Blood”, will be signing autographs at Comic Con. McMillan will be coping copies of Lucid at the Archaia booth, True Blood comics at the IDW booth and “something else that’s secret for now”.
— Michael McMillian (@McMillzz) July 10, 2013
- DKE has unveiled another Comic Con exclusive: Mansons of the Universe. The piece is limited to 50, and each handpainted figure was made by Skinner who took “50 vintage Mansters of the Universe figures and [went] all crazy Skinner on them”. Each piece is one-of-a kind and will retail for $150 each and will be a timed release, set for Friday at 11AM, followed by a 1PM signing with Skinner. Here’s a peek at one of the figures, Charlor:
- At the Dragatomi Booth (#5350), Carson Catlin will have several exclusives available, including three colorway reticulated boxes, reticulated 3retbots, customized calavera skulls, and much more. You can view his Comic Con exclusives on his site.
- In addition to yesterday’s Thrilling Adventure Hour news, their new graphic novel and exclusive posters will be available at the Archaia Booth (#2929) on the convention floor. Additionally, TAH announced that they’d be doing a “Conversation for a Cause” on Saturday at Nerd HQ.
- Adult Swim has released their full Comic Con schedule for this year! The network’s booth (#3721) will be offering “free mini massages and a place to escape from the hectic pace of the convention floor”. Their Adult Swim Funhouse will be back this year, and while free, tickets will be distributed at the Funhouse each day starting at 4PM. Adult Swim also confirmed that Doctor Who alum Karen Gillan will be joining her castmates on the NTSF:SD:SUV:: panel on Friday in the Hilton Bayfront’s Indigo Ballroom. Here’s their full signing schedule:
1:30PM-2:30PM: Robot Chicken, Autograph Alley #AA01
3PM-4PM: The Venture Bros, Autograph Alley #AA01
2:15PM-3PM Children’s Hospital, WB Booth #4545
12PM-1PM NTSF:SD:SUV::, Autograph Alley #AA01
1:30PM-2:30PM Aqua TV Show Show/ Squidbillies, Autograph Alley #AA01
3PM-4PM Superjail!/China, IL, Autograph Alley #AA01
- Two additions have been made to the “TV Guide Magazine: Fan Favorites” panel: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actor Clark Gregg and Ironside‘s Blair Underwood.
- There will be an official Doctor Who meetup on Saturday night at Block No. 16 (last year’s Nerd HQ headquarters). Fans can check out a pop up shop with merchandise, take a photo at a roaming photo booth, and much more. The Doctor Who tumblr has more information about the event.
- Toucan’s Tip of the Day #23 (only seven more, by the way!) is a great tip for locals to reduce congestion around the convention center: “Leave Your Car at Home and Take Public Transportation”
We definitely recommend public transportation. San Diego has an excellent Trolley system, with two stops directly in front of the Convention Center (one at Harbor and First, the other at Harbor and Fifth) and numerous “park and ride” lots throughout the system. There is also our fleet of FREE Shuttle buses, which leave from the front walk of the Convention Center and go to most of our official hotels.
- Marvel has announced the upcoming video game LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will be playable at both the Marvel booth, #2829, as well as at the Xbox Gaming Lounge at the Hyatt. In addition, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Game Director Arthur Parsons will be a guest on the Marvel Games panel July 20 at 12:30PM. Sounds like they have some prizes in store for those dressing up as their favorite Marvel super hero:
AND, if you come to the panel dressed in a Marvel costume, there MAY even be something special for you there!
Lastly, for those watching from home, Parsons will also be a guest on Marvel LIVE, Thursday July 18 at 4PM and again Saturday July 20 at 5:45PM.