We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representative of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
You can read today’s Early Edition here.
Here’s the rest of the stuff you might have missed for today:
- No need to wait in line for a shot at an official San Diego Comic Con shirt this year, as for the first time ever, SDCC will be allowing pre-orders to be picked up at the Santa Rosa Room at the Marriott Marquis Hotel. You can preview the shirt designs, and place your pre-order, on their site.
- The Walking Dead unveiled a new poster for Comic Con today via Twitter. The banner, to promote the show’s upcoming fourth season, will be located around the convention center.
— The Walking Dead AMC (@WalkingDead_AMC) July 1, 2013
Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, David Morrissey, Chad Coleman, Scott Wilson, Executive Producer and Showrunner Scott Gimple, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman, Executive Producer David Alpert and Executive Producer and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero.
The cast will be also be doing an autograph signing at AMC’s Booth.
- We mentioned last week Insidious Chapter 2 would have a presence at Comic-Con this year, and now we know more about the offsite fan event the film has planned. Cinema Blend has 50 pairs of tickets to give away to the Insidious Chapter 2 Fan Experience, which is advertised as “one of the most spectacular, and definitely most terrifying, events of this year’s Comic Con”:
Once you enter the haunted loft in downtown San Diego, you’re treated to “insidiously delicious food, cocktails and music,” as well as a bone-chillingly spooky atmosphere that will take you right inside the world of the haunted Lambert family first seen in Insidious.
- Film Cells now has their SDCC exclusives for pre-order online. Check out their curved glass prints of DC’s Trinity War and The Dark Knight Trilogy, Both are limited to 100 pieces each, and can also be purchased at their booth, #4734.
- ComiXology will be sponsoring “The Blank Page Project”, a two-hour charity event at Comic-Con where attendees can watch creators fill a 12×8 foot gigantic comic page that will be auctioned off at a later date with proceeds going towards The Hero Initiative. The event will be hosted by creators Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner and will take place on Thursday, July 18 from 5-7PM outside the Vela restaurant.
- The Black Sails event on July 18 which was previously announced just got a dose of star power. The event will be attended by cast and crew Zach McGowan (Shameless), Jessica Parker Kennedy (The Secret Circle, 50/50), Mark Ryan (Transformers, The Prestige), Hakeem Kae-Kazim (24, Hotel Rwanda) and series creators Jonathan Steinberg (Jericho, Human Target) and Robert Levine (Touch).
- Want a chance to win a trip to Comic-Con 2014, and show the world your geek cred at the same time? Enter Spike TV and GEICO’s “Comic Hero Challenge”. Check out the Facebook post for the submission details, and good luck.
- Underground Toys gave their fans a sneak peek at the Doctor Who #SDCC Special Ace figurine via their Facebook page:
- Dragon Boy revealed on their Facebook their full prototype of Martin Hsu’s Blacky, the Dragon Dog. The exclusive will be available at Martin Hsu’s Booth (#4531).
- Independent publisher Action Lab Entertainment revealed that they will be hosting a series of special appearances at their booth, including creators Jeremy Dale (“Skyward”), David Dwonch (“Ghost Town”) and Tony Guaraldi-Brown (“The Final Plague”) among others. You can view the full schedule on their site.
- Sanrio’s “Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland” will be making its debut appearance at Comic-Con International this year. Open to the public at the Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park, this whimsical Hello Kitty retail hub will bring Japan’s energetic pop culture to life. Fans will be treated to a colorful, anime-rich experience that will include fun activities, limited edition products, and special appearances by Hello Kitty.
- Confirmed to its Kickstarter backers, the Veronica Mars Friday onsite panel will include creator Rob Thomas, as well as cast members Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, Ryan Hansen, Jason Dohring, Tina Majorino, Krysten Ritter, Chris Lowell, Percy Daggs III and Francis Capra. They’ll also be doing an official signing at the Warner Bros. booth, however, Kristen Bell won’t be in attendance for autographs.
- Skottie Young, who designed the hot Avengers poster, has revealed via Twitter that he will be doing a signing at Marvel’s booth on Wednesday night at 6PM.
I won’t have a table at #SDCC I’ll sign at Marvel at 6pm Wed night, but that’s all I have planned right now. It’s a hang out con this year.
— skottie young (@skottieyoung) July 2, 2013