It’s another news filled week as we wait for San Diego Comic-Con to announce Open Online Registration, which we know is expected to happen sometime in the spring. As we await the announcement of that highly anticipated sale, why not sit back, relax and enjoy a glimpse into what the Con will have to offer up to us this year. This week we have more artist confirmations, more news on panels, the return of a popular offsite event, and more.
Here’s what you may have missed:
- DC Comics artist Cat Staggs has announced her convention schedule via her Twitter account. She includes a link back to her website where it lists SDCC as a part of her 2014 Con schedule.
My Con schedule for the bulk of 2014. One or two more may be added. Check back for updates. http://t.co/XcYjamDkqr
— Cat Staggs 🏳️🌈 (@CatStaggs) February 25, 2014
- While Tom Mison already confirmed that Sleepy Hollow will be making its return to SDCC this summer, actor Orlando Jones has also suggested on Twitter that he’ll be there as well.
@69percenthomo San Diego Comic Con?
— Orlando Jones (@TheOrlandoJones) February 24, 2014
- Simon 451, is a new imprint of publishing house Simon & Schuster which will be launching sometime in 2014, has announced via their Twitter account that they will be heading to San Diego for Comic-Con this year. They will be joining Gallery Books at the Simon & Schuster Booth.
— Simon451 (@Simon_451) February 24, 2014
- Roddenberry Entertainment lists on their company events website page that they will once again be attending the Con this year as part of their planned 2014 events.
- Fan of beer? Fan of cosplay? Heroes Brew Fest will be returning to SDCC again this year, on Saturday, July 26 in the Embarcado North. Over 40 craft breweries will be pouring unlimited samples of over 80 craft beers, and inbetween sips, attendees can enjoy live music, entertainment, food vendors, and a Capped Crusader Costume Contest. Tickets are now on sale, so visit their site for more information.
- There’s a good chance that Star Wars Rebels will be at Comic-Con this summer, according to voice actor Vanessa Marshall, who portrays Hera in the new series. Marshall spoke with Newsarama in an exclusive interview and revealed:
As far as the future, I’m really excited for Comic-Con in San Diego this summer. It’ll be really cool to go in the context of this franchise – I’m assuming we’ll be there!
- Author Justin Robinson announced on Twitter that he will be signing autographs at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
I will be signing this year at San Diego Comic-Con. I can't promise I won't be hungover or even sober.
— Justin Robinson (@JustinSRobinson) February 25, 2014
- Official Marvel/Upperdeck sketch-card artist, Erik Reeves, has confirmed through his Twitter account that he is looking forward to attending this years SDCC.
— ⭐️ErikReevesArt⭐️ (@ErikReevesart) February 25, 2014
- Calling all cartoons! Jimmy Purcell of beenbettercomic.com and Jon Esperaza of jonscrazystuff.blogspot.com will be hosting a web comic meetup for SDCC 2014. You can find out more information about the event which is listed in our events calendar, or via their Facebook event page.
— Jon Esparza (@JonsCrazyTweets) February 26, 2014
- More artist confirmations: Artist Nigel Sade has appearance dates listed for San Diego Comic-Con on his website calendar page for July 2014. We will be sure to update with any other information we find.
- Meredith Gran, one of the creators of the ongoing comic series Octopus Pie, has listed SDCC as one of her 2014 appearance dates listed on her website.
Is there something we missed? Let us know in the comments.