Although many of us have managed to claim a highly coveted San Diego Comic-Con 2014 badge through the Preregistration Sale, there are many who still await news for the upcoming Open Online Badge Registration sale. While we may still be waiting for the official announcement from CCI, that doesn’t stop other SDCC news from being announced. Today, we have another week full of Comic-Con news for you.
Here’s what you may have missed:
- Designer and illustrator Cesare Asaro has announced via his blog website that he and Curio & Co. will be presenting their new Spaceman Jax comic book project at SDCC 2014.
- Artist Ash Evans announced on Facebook that her artwork will be hanging in the San Diego Comic-Con art show. Evans will be updating with more information on her website.
- Actor Wil Wheaton told a fan on Twitter that he will “probably” be at SDCC this summer, and that if you do find you, you can totally buy him a beer.
- Amy Mebberson, a Disney fine artist with Acme Archives, will not only be at Comic-Con, but she also announced via Twitter that she will be signing autographs.
@TadStones Our table at SDCC will be open to you while either of us are at signings 🙂
— Amy Mebberson (amymebberson on HIVE) (@amymebberson) March 7, 2014
- The San Diego Blood Bank will once again be returning to Comic-Con this summer for a blood drive, and while their location isn’t completely confirmed yet, they announced on Twitter that they will likely be returning to the Omni Hotel.
@TruebiesSDCC We will be at Comic Con from 7/24 to 7/27. Usually we are located at the Omni San Diego Hotel, but that is not confirmed yet.
— San Diego Blood Bank (@sdbloodbank) March 6, 2014
- Independent comic book publisher, Big Dog Ink lists on their website appearances page that they will be at San Diego Comic-Con in July. If you are a fan of their popular comic The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West, be sure to keep an eye out for them.
- When artist Charles Soule was asked via Twitter if he would be doing any Southern California signings, he replied that he would be at SDCC.
@KyleB411 I'll be at SDCC, nothing else planned, but I love SoCal, so maybe!
— Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) March 5, 2014
- Fantasy artist Nene Thomas has announced via her website that she will selling her art at the Con this summer. If you’re a fan of her art be sure to keep an eye out.
- Another artist confirmation for San Diego Comic-Con 2014. Echo Chernik posted her convention appearance schedule via her deviantART site, and yes she will be there. She mentions in her latest deviant journal entry that her 2015 calendars were successfully funded and will be ready in time for convention season. We can say it is probably a safe bet that she will have some available for SDCC 2014.
- Good news for all you Weta Collectibles fans. Tim from Weta revealed via a Weta forum that they will be having their biggest booth yet at Comic-Con 2014. Could there be some awesome Hobbit offerings in the mix? We will have to wait and see, and will be sure to post any new information that we come across.
- Toddland has taken to their Twitter account to tease a small bit of what what you may expect from them at this years SDCC. Can you say Aquabat Exclusives?
Let the countdown to @Comic_Con begin! And yes, panic sets in for vendors 139 days out… @TheAquabats @SD_Comic_Con pic.twitter.com/DnylAiwNK8
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) March 5, 2014
- In a recent interview with The Anglophine Channel, actor Richard Armitage confirmed that he will be at San Diego Comic-Con this summer to present Into The Storm, a “found footage” adventure film that follows a group trying to document a tornado. Hopefully this is also good news for a panel of the final film in The Hobbit trilogy. Armitage confirms their presence around the one minute mark on this video:
- Finally, we have an update on Zachary Levi’s Nerd HQ crowdfunding campaign. According to a tweet from his account, the campaign will launch tomorrow.
The #NerdHQ crowd fund will officially launch tomorrow. In the words of Sam Jackson in “Jurassic Park”: hold on to ya butts.
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi) March 10, 2014
Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments.