If you aren’t prepared yet for Comic-Con, you may never be (okay, that’s a total lie, we still need to pack too). But feel slightly more prepared by catching up on San Diego Comic-Con news tonight, including updates on The Walking Dead‘s annual poster, a Skybound exclusive, how to score Hallmark’s ornaments, how to get into the Marriott Marquis Lounge, and what Her Universe is bringing to the convention.
Don’t forget to check our Offsite Event calendar, presented by Eventbrite. New events added daily.
If you’re interested in getting a few autographs while in San Diego, check out our Announced Autograph & Signing Schedules page, compiling all the announced autographs at the booths and tables.
Here’s the news you might have missed:
- Zerofriends, which is comprised of artists Alex Pardee, Dave Correia and Jon Wayshak, have been sharing several items they will have at their Comic-Con booth #5502 on Facebook. You can find all of the information there, like this Pardee print, “New Dopplegangers”:
- Oh, Katie Cook. The maker of fancy walruses and snails with mail and so many cartoon whales. Cook announced on her site that she will have “lots of original art, books, prints, mini paintings and more” available at Comic-Con. Visit her at HH-17 for more fancy animals.
- AMC has released the banner for season 5 of The Walking Dead, which as always, will appear throughout the convention center. IGN has the details.
- To win a Todd Nauck original sketch, you simply need to retweet one of his messages during Comic-Con hashtagged for that convention weekend. There are more details on his site.
- Writer Joshua Williamson shared via Twitter that a poster for Birthright will be at the Skybound booth during Comic-Con.
BIRTHRIGHT poster will be at the @Skybound at SDCC this week! pic.twitter.com/blr0jtiArG
— Joshua Williamson (@Williamson_Josh) July 21, 2014
- There are two ways to get your hands on Hallmark’s Comic-Con exclusive Keepsake Ornaments. You can battle it out on the show floor, or you can enter their Twitter contest. Or, you could be crazy and do both.
- The Gaslamp has posted a comprehensive list of deals and specials during Comic-Con, with various restaurants and clubs promoting specials like the ALTITUDE Sky Lounge at the Marriott Gaslamp Quarter serving Superman and Thor’s Hammer drinks throughout the week, or a $6 Comic-Con lunch special of two slices of pizza and a free soda at Gaslamp Pizza. Find all the great deals on the Gaslamp’s site.
- While at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina, attendees who have downloaded the Marriott Guest Services application will receive a notification for a ‘LocalPerk,’ – a new initiative that’s part of Marriott Rewards’ “Make it Happen” campaign – inviting them to enjoy the ‘Perk Up’ lounge at the hotel. Convention goers will get the chance to relax, charge their electronics at charging stations, feast on complimentary snacks, create a souvenir “gif” at a gif photo booth and experience other amenities. The lounge will be open Thursday-Sunday from 2PM-6PM.
- Her Universe will be unveiling new releases in their Marvel apparal line at Comic-Con, along with Star Wars, Doctor Who, and other apparel. Stop by booth #2913-E in the Lucasfilm Pavilion to find Her Universe. Here’s a look at some of the pieces:
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.