For those ready to ascend into the craziness that is San Diego Comic-Con, we have you covered. Everything you need to prepare yourselves can be found in the bullet points below.
- Download the Comic-Con International Quick Guide for over 50 pages of maps, exhibitors, restaurants and more information, all in one tidy PDF!
- We’ll be tweeting line queues and panel news throughout the convention as we always do, but this year we’ll also be announcing some cool treats and t-shirt drops via Twitter as well. Follow @SD_Comic_Con on Twitter and don’t miss a tweet!
- Use the following hashtags when tweeting us with line statuses (here’s a sample, but we’ll be sure to remind you which to use):
- Don’t forget to check out our posts on who to follow during Comic-Con for the latest info and announcements.
- Do you know where to pick up your badges? Check out the Badge Pick-Up page on the official site and look at the handy table below to see where you need to be and when.
- Have you checked out our guides on Ballroom 20 and Hall H? You might want to, because you’ll be spending a lot of time in there…
- And regarding Hall H, a fairly big policy change was introduced for those camping out in line. Read about the wristband policy and how it might affect you.
- Whether it’s your first time or your tenth, hopefully you’ll find some helpful information in our Guide page. 30+ guides from over the years – blog posts, tips and more. Better yet, buy and download the San Diego Comic-Con Survival Guide, read up on your plane/train/automobile ride to San Diego, and during the long lines.
- Planned your evenings outside of the convention center? If you have some time to fill, look no further than our 2014 Offsite Events list presented by Eventbrite. Better yet, download the list via iCal, sync with Outlook or Google Calendar and take them with you on your smartphone.
- And while we’re talking offsites, will we be seeing you at our Enchantment Under The SDCC party Wednesday night? We hope so! Tons of giveaways, lots of fun!
- Make sure you’ve signed up for Sched and chosen your panel favorites. You can even take the panel schedule with you!
- Download the San Diego Comic-Con Official App [iTunes / Google Play] to stay up-to-date while you’re on-the-go.
- Nerd HQ has a new app as well [iTunes / Google Play]. Download it to stay up-to-date with the latest Conversations, events and announcements.
- Want to get a few autographs from your favorite celebrities? We have the most comprehensive list of announced autographs anywhere. Wondering how autograph drawings work in the Sails Pavilion? Check out our guide for that.
- Nothing to do while standing in lines for panels? Download our SDConCast podcast episodes and listen while you wait! Or if you are thinking ahead, subscribe via RSS or iTunes and download all of our episodes ahead of time. We especially recommend you listen to the following episodes ahead of time:
- SDConCast Special Episode – Breaking Down The Schedule 2014 – Preview Night, Thursday & Friday
- SDConCast Special Episode – Breaking Down The Schedule 2014 – Saturday & Sunday
- SDConCast – 06-20-2014 – Writing The Book On SDCC with Doug Klein, Author of The San Diego Comic-Con Survival Guide – Great info for those new to the convention
- SDConCast – 06-27-2014 – Talking Comics with Heidi MacDonald, The Beat – Advice on how to enjoy comics at Comic-Con from a 30-year veteran
- Chart your course! Check out the Exhibit Hall map and exhibitor list, or download the PDF of the Exhibit Hall map.
- Not within walking distance of the Convention Center? The 24-hour shuttle service schedule and map has been posted. You can also download a map of the shuttle routes with schedule.
- Or if you’re taking the Trolley, make sure you know the routes and times. And go paperless!
- Have you made your shopping list of exclusive SDCC merchandise? Check out our Exclusives posts and CCI’s annual Exclusives Guide now!
- Don’t forget to book your SuperShuttle service with our exclusive discount coupon.
- Check the weather. Pack and dress accordingly.
- Check out /Slashfilm, IGN TV, and The Beat for the latest movie, TV and comics news to come out of San Diego.
- Most importantly, enjoy! We hope to meet you there!