Although the big San Diego Comic-Con news today is obviously that Marvel may be skipping the convention, there’s still lots of other news to go around (including reminders that even if Marvel Studios doesn’t hold a panel or have a booth, they’ll still have a presence at least with artists in attendance). Today, Comic-Con International unveiled another five Special Guests attending the convention.
From the official Toucan Blog, here’s the list of the five more Special Guests headed to SDCC:
- Jerry Beck, Author/animation historian, The Hanna Barbera Treasury, The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes
- Matthew Inman, Writer/artist, The Oatmeal
- Jim Lee , Artist, Batman: Hush, Justice League; DC Entertainment co-publisher
- Richard Starkings, Writer/designer/letterer, Hip Flask, Elephantmen, Comicraft
- Jill Thompson, Writer/artist, The Scary Godmother
Special guests typically receive a special “Spotlight” panel during the convention, so attendees have a chance to hear their favorite authors and artists speak live.
According to CCI, they’ll continue announcing five additional guests each Monday throughout March, and April, with the exception of the week of WonderCon – so keep your eyes peeled for more exciting announcements. You can also catch up on tons of other things and people who will be at San Diego Comic-Con in our Under the Tents updates.
Are you excited about these guests? Let us know in the comments.