If we’re being honest with ourselves, the WonderCon news we’re really interested in is what food trucks will be there this year. But, since Comic-Con International has yet to reveal that pivotal piece of the puzzle, we’ve got plenty of other WonderCon Anaheim 2015 news to tide you over.
The biggest news, of course, is that Saturday badges are now sold out. For those hoping to attend on Saturday though, all hope is not lost yet – you can still purchase a 3-day combined badge, or even a Friday or Sunday single day badge. Hurry, though, as these will go fast.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Chandler Ford announced on Twitter that she will have some new promo postcards available to be picked up at WonderCon table A-42.
— Chandler Ford (@chandlerbun) February 27, 2015
- Artist Ann Shen unveiled on Instagram some new designs she’s illustrating, that will be available at WonderCon.
Shen also showed off another piece that she’s working on for the convention.
- Jung-Ha Kim, illustrator and character/creature designer, announced via Twitter that she will be in Artist Alley at WonderCon.
— KIM 🐰👹🤘 (@TOKIBEAST) February 27, 2015
- Good news, for fans of Falling Skies. Actor Doug Jones told a fan on Twitter that “teasers are brewing” for season 5 of Falling Skies, and that a “few of us are doing press/panel at WonderCon in April”. Last year, TNT came out in full force to the convention, bringing three shows (Falling Skies, The Last Ship, and Legends). If Falling Skies are returning this year, we wouldn’t be surprised to see TNT back with multiple panels again this year.
@sgLincolnOsiris We're 3 1/2 months from season 5 premiere, teasers are brewing! A few of us are doing press/panel at #WonderCon in April!!
— Doug Jones (@actordougjones) February 27, 2015
- Anna Measures Design, a design product and services company, announced they’ll have a booth at WonderCon, with “more info to come closer to the event”.
If you are going to WonderCon, April 3-5 drop by our booth! – more info to come closer to the event http://t.co/bYj11YbNSc
— Anna Measures Draws (@annameasures) February 27, 2015
- As every returning attendee knows, one of the highlights of WonderCon is the Program Book, given to those attending for free. Comic-Con International unveiled this year’s cover art, featuring DC Comics’ Batgirl, designed by Babs Tarr. You can find more information on Comic-Con International’s website.
- Here in the WonderPost, we talk a lot about artist Gabby Zapata – but we’re not done yet, as she has showed off a teaser of her super heroes and villains zine that will be debuting at WonderCon.
— ✨Gabby Zapata✨ (@gabbyzapata) February 25, 2015
Additionally, she’s also revealed another print for the convention.
— ✨Gabby Zapata✨ (@gabbyzapata) February 23, 2015
- Darkwing Duck artist James Silvani took to tumblr to unveil a Maleficent (the Disney animation original) headshot that will be sold at ECCC, WonderCon, and C2E2.
- The artist behind the creation of Deadpool, Robert Liefeld, announced on Twitter that he will be at both WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con.
I will be set up at both Wondercon and San Diego as well. Working on setting up the rest of the spring/summer comic con schedule.
— robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) February 24, 2015
- Loot Crate, the company behind the most exciting package you’ll find in your mailbox every month, told a fan on Twitter that they will be at WonderCon this year.
@homebrewjourney Member cards are sent out somewhere around your 4th crate, and yes we will be at WonderCon 🙂
— Loot Crate (@lootcrate) February 24, 2015
- Calling all Sherlock fans – a fan gathering will take place at WonderCon on Saturday, April 4, from 8PM-10PM. The night will officially kick off with a photo shoot around 7PM, and then the hosts welcome you to a Sherlock version of Cluedo, prizes, and more. You can find more information on the event’s Facebook page.