Only 20 days until Comic-Con and the news continues to absolutely pour in. Companies and artists are continuing to post all over the internet that they will be coming to SDCC, what they will be bringing, selling, and signing, and we are here to report on it. Keep an eye on the San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog for all your Comic-Con news.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- BioWare announced on Twitter that they will be San Diego Comic-Con. They want fans to stop by and say hello. BioWare makes the popular Mass Effect and Dragon Age game series.
— BioWare (@bioware) June 17, 2015
- Clutter Magazine reports that Jungle Boy Productions has teamed up with Lana Crooks and created a very limited plush for Comic-Con. It’s a stuffed fox called “Kitsune” (Japanese for fox) and a total of 30 will be made and 5 will be available at the Jungle Boy booth #1417 for $180.
- San Diego radio station Z90.3 is giving away two SDCC badges to the day of your choosing. Check out their website for all the contest details.
- ToshWerkS Studios posted a picture on Instagram of some adorable buttons she is working on for Comic-Con.
- Comic book artist Phillip Sevy tweeted that he will be attending SDCC 2015 and will be doing some signings at the Top Cow booth and walking the floor.
— Phillip Sevy (@phillipsevy) June 17, 2015
- Famous Monsters of Filmland posted a picture on Instagram of stacks of Gamera t-shirts they are getting ready for SDCC 2015.
- Del Rey Spectra posted on Twitter that they just sent 24 boxes of goodies to San Diego Comic-Con. We had reported earlier on a sampler they had put together for the convention, but they are usually quite generous with their book giveaways.
Just finished mailing 24 boxes of goodies off to #SDCC . Less than a month till the show! Who will we see there?
— Del Rey Books (@DelReyBooks) June 17, 2015
- LANG Geeks sent out a tweet that they are looking for some southern California cosplayers for a pre-SDCC photo project. Check out the tweet and contact if interested.
CALLING ALL SOCAL #COSPLAYERS: We are working on a pre-SDCC photo project and are looking for cosplay participants. Hit us up!
— LANG Geeks (@GeekOutLANG) June 17, 2015
- Artist Sean Galloway posted a picture on Twitter of a preview of his SDCC booth.
— Sean Galloway (@cheeks_galloway) June 17, 2015
- Robin Van Valkenburgh posted on Instagram a picture of her 20 limited edition Boba Fett cowboy statues for Comic-Con 2015.
- Comic book writer and artist Kody Chamberlain posted on Twitter he is prepping for Comic-Con and getting teasers and things to pass out ready.
Today begins the SDCC prep. Cranking along on my script edits, teaser artwork, and a couple of things to pass around.
— Kody Chamberlain (@KodyChamberlain) June 17, 2015
- Munky King Toys posted a picture on Instagram of a custom Jon Paul Kaiser figure called Screaming for the Sunrise by Yoskay Yamamoto and it will be available at their booth at San Diego Comic-Con.
- We Love Fine tweeted that they will have a limited special flown in batch of 300 Spider Gwen hoodies just for SDCC – so get excited.
— For Fans By Fans (@ForFansxFans) June 17, 2015
- Professional pinup artist Elias Chatzoudis posted on Instagram that pre-commissions are open for Comic-Con. Check out the link if you’re interested.
- Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Patton Oswald will be narrating a short animated film by Oscar nominated animator Bill Plympton. The Loneliest Stoplight will be shown for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con at Plymton’s animation panel on Friday at 4pm.
- Gunpla.USA is back with their second exclusive posted to Facebook. This one is also a Gundam model that will be available at SDCC 2015. One of the main differences is that this model is a higher grade, more detailed model with a metallic finish. It will sell for $48. These models were previously only made available at events in Asia.
- Badali Jewelry tweeted that they will be having a 30% off sale on Comic-Con preview night at booth #532. Badali sells officially licensed fantasy inspired jewelry like Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time.
— Badali Jewelry (@BadaliJewelry) June 17, 2015
- Wattana Khommarath posted on Instagram some of his oil paintings he has been working on for SDCC 2015. The post also promises a few more sketch paintings.
- Artist Ksanzo posted on Tumblr a finished piece called Sister that will be selling for $200 at the Comic-Con art show framed.
- Noah J. Elias and J. Scott Campbell posted on Instagram a collaborative airbrush fairy art piece for Comic-Con and it looks like its glowing. Stunning work.
- Artist Claudia Guirre posted a preview on Instagram of the cover for Mavi, which will be on sale at SDCC.
- If you’ve got fanart for the Impractical Jokers, then they want to see it. Your artwork could be displayed in their art gallery right outside Comic-Con. You can find more information on how to submit on their Instagram.
- Max Toy showed off some customs by artist Mark Nagata that are headed for Comic-Con.
- Dominic Qwek revealed two smaller monster prints that will be for sale at the convention.