It’s beginning to feel a lot like… San Diego Comic-Con news season? Yes, we finally have enough news to update with our first SDCC 2017 Under the Tents edition, full of exhibitors who will be attending the convention this year.
So who can you find on the show floor in 2017? Let’s take a look:
- Illustrator and creator Erik Arreaga will return for the 20th year to exhibit at San Diego Comic-Con 2017.
- Artist Alex Ross – a SDCC mainstay – is once again returning to the convention, and he’s bringing along some ghoulish fiends. Alex Ross Fine Art will be launching the Classic Universal Monsters Set at SDCC 2017, which includes Boris Karloff’s 1931 Frankenstein, Bela Lugosi’s 1931 Dracula, Elsa Lanchester’s 1935 Bride of Frankenstein, the 1954 Creature from the Black Lagoon, Boris Karloff’s 1932 The Mummy, Lon Chaney Jr’s 1941 The Wolf Man, Claude Rains’ 1933 The Invisible Man, and Monster Mash.
- Our friends at Toddland are movin’ on up – but to where exactly, we’ll have to wait and see. We can’t wait to see how they plan to top their Bob’s Burger booth from 2016.
Got placement! We're moving a little bit, not saying where but we're stoked! 242 days til the greatest week of the year! #sdcc @SD_Comic_Con pic.twitter.com/CEwOpxHIzr
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) November 18, 2016
- Antiis Comics will have a booth in Small Press, so be sure to stop by.
- Dan Cooney, author and illustrator of The Tommy Gun Dolls, will also be exhibiting at this year’s convention.
Hotel requests submitted for Comic-Con 2017 *fingers crossed* Celebrating 20 years self-publishing! #SDCC #creatorowncomics
— Dan Cooney on Patreon (@dcooneyart) December 8, 2016
- LEGO illustrator Dan Veesenmeyer will also be at San Diego in July, along with several other conventions throughout the year. You can check out our spotlight on him from 2016.
My 2017 Convention schedule so far:
Sept-San Fran CC
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) December 2, 2016
- Pin-up artist Scott Blair will also be exhibiting again in 2017.
Happy to be returning to SDCC for 2017! pic.twitter.com/ZbsxccISlt
— Scott Blair Art (@scottblairart) November 18, 2016
- Joseph Blas, a Chicago-based cartoonist and character designer, can be found on the show floor next year.
- One of our favorite artists, Otis Frampton, is returning to SDCC! He’ll be found in Artist Alley.
Happy to say I’ll be back in Artist Alley at SDCC in 2017! Sad to say I won’t be near Sarah Wilkinson or Ashleigh Popplewell again. 😔 pic.twitter.com/fISZOgKRIv
— Otis Frampton (@otisframpton) November 18, 2016
- Artist and toy designer Jason Adams will also be exhibiting in 2017.
Alright!! #SDCC is a go in 2017. Now I need to start a go find me page to get my broke ass out there. Who wants art?
— jason (@ArtOfJason) November 18, 2016
- Boston Metaphysical, a six issue steampunk supernatural comic mini-series, will be in Small Press in 2017.
OK, guess who got into Small Press at SDCC 2017? Time to plan… #SDCC2017 #comics #steampunk #smallpress
— Boston Metaphysical Society (@MHollyRosing) November 17, 2016
- David Petersen, creator of Mouse Guard, will once more be at San Diego Comic-Con in July.
sorry. My 2017 schedule is: Emerald City, C2E2, Heroes, SDCC, Baltimore, NYCC. Need to be in studio working otherwise
— David Petersen (@mouseguard) November 12, 2016
- Cartoonist Lonnie Millsap will also be returning to Small Press in 2017.
- And you’ll be able to snag some glass works from Bling Squared Cute Glass, as they head to the convention floor.
- It’s never too early for exclusives, right? Artist Martin Hsu showed off an updated version of his Dragon Boy and Dragon Dog figures, which will be released at SDCC 2017.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.