We promised you more WonderCon news this week, and we’re delivering. In addition to the first look at this year’s WonderCon souvenir book cover and t-shirt design this morning from CCI, we’ve got updates for you on panels, commissions, cosplay photo shoots, exhibitors, and so much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Calling all Deadpools, Spider-Gwens, Captain Americas, Peggy Carters, and Captain Marvels. There will be a Marvel Cosplay Costume Shoot on Saturday, April 1, with a time to be decided closer to the event. Find more information on the event page.
- If being a prince, princess, evil queen, or cartoon animal sidekick is more your forte – then you can also check out the Disney Group Photo Shoot, which will take place on Sunday, April 2, starting at 2PM. Find more information on Facebook.
- Pinup Girl Clothing will be exhibiting at Booth #1813 this year, where you’ll be able to grab clothing in sizes XS-4X, including some prints before they hit their website.
- If you like your clothes with a harder edge, Akumu Ink will be selling their wares at Booth #1950.
- Artist Lee Kohse will be exhibiting at Wondercon.
- Marvel illustrator Adi Granov will also be exhibiting at WonderCon for the first time this year.
- Graphic novel Monster Elementary will be at WonderCon this year, at Booth #SP-59, where you’ll be able to find creator and writer Nicholas Doan and editor/letterer Gwendolyn Dreyer.
- Zombie Ranch revealed on his blog writer Clint Wolf that he’ll be exhibiting at WonderCon this year.
- New York Times best selling author Chuck Wendig will also be exhibiting at WonderCon this year.
- Ready for some panel news? We’ve got a few! Actress Elle Newlands revealed that she’ll be a guest on a Cartoon Voices panel on Saturday, April 1.
- Chris Riley, the Creative Director of Male Cosplay Pinups, will be moderating a Queer Disney Fandom panel at WonderCon.
- The Marvel Report’s Shawn Richter will be on a few panels at WonderCon this year, including moderating a VFX panel with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Visual Effects Supervisors Mark Kolpack and Kevin Lingenfelser. The panel will be on Saturday, April 1.
- Richter will also be on two cosplay panels.
- Fantasy illustrator Nate Flamm will be hosting a live painting demo at WonderCon.
- You won’t want to miss the R2-D2 Builder’s panel taking place on Friday, March 31 at 7PM in Room 210, to learn more about R2-D2 replica building. You can also check them out on the show floor.
- And finally, Lionheart Comics Creative Director Chris Dickens also revealed that he will be on a panel on Sunday, April 2.
- Twin Comics, home of Goblin Hood, will be exhibiting at the convention.
- Clothing designer Geisha Moth will also be exhibiting, so stop by to grab unique clothes.
- Reece’s Rare Comics can be found at Booth #403 at WonderCon.
- Green Hills Entertainment and Dennis Greenhill Photography will be exhibiting at both WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con in 2017 – and you can find Greenhill at Booth #1503 in Anaheim.
- Barbra Dillon of Fanbase Press recently told Sequential Tart that the company will be exhibiting at both WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con.
- Fezzes are cool. Which is why you should be excited that Fez-o-Rama, home to fine embroidered velvet fezzes, is coming to WonderCon.
- Todd Nauck, who has worked on everything from Amazing Spider-Man to Teen Titans Go to Young Justice, will be exhibiting at Artist Alley Table A-04 this year. If you’re wanting a commission from Nauck, his procedure has changed – so make sure to read up on the details.
- It’s not a SoCal convention without the California Browncoats – so grab your parasol and Jayne hat and head on over to their booth on the WonderCon floor [dropcap][/dropcap] to check out some things that are sure to be, well, shiny.