Congratulations! You made it to Friday! The end of the week doesn’t mean the end of SDCC news, however. Far from it. Beyond the din of Conan news (go request your tickets now!), many more artists, authors, exhibitors and more had news for us. Read on for news from NECA, Justin Harder, Patrick Ballesteros, and even some job opportunities.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- NECA Toys is not done with SDCC. Back on June 1, they teased a silhouette of a Camp Crystal Lake sign, saying more was to come this summer. When asked about it on Twitter, they confirmed that they will be announcing something for SDCC, and there is, of course, more to it. As soon as they announce it, we’ll be sure to let you know.
— NECA (@NECA_TOYS) June 1, 2017
definitely and there is more to it that that… https://t.co/1BT32mVKoQ
— NECA (@NECA_TOYS) June 22, 2017
- Our good friend and local San Diego artist Patrick Ballesteros hasn’t forgotten the big-ticket theme this year. He’s throwing his hat into the Wonder Woman ring with this print he’ll have in Artists Alley at Table #DD-08.
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) June 22, 2017
- Sean Forney has been hard at work on a lot of comics. He posted an image of some he’ll have with him at SDCC in Artists Alley at Table #AA-15. Forney also took to Instagram to show off a work-in-progress of a Gambit sketch commission he’s been working on as well.
— Sean Forney at C2E2 O-6 (@SeanForneyArt) June 22, 2017
- Cascade Games posted their schedule for their Magic: The Gathering tournaments at SDCC this year, where the theme will be Planeswalker. Head Designer for Magic: The Gathering, Mark Rosewater, also announced that there will be Planeswalker promo cards at this year’s convention – presumably referring to the annual Hasbro set released.
— Cascade Games (@cascadegamesllc) June 23, 2017
There are special promo planeswalker cards at this year's SDCC. #WotCStaff
— Mark Rosewater (@maro254) June 22, 2017
- Committed Comics is excited to announce they have three prints approved as SDCC exclusives this year. Look for them at Small Press Table #P-10.
— Committed Comics (@committedcomics) June 22, 2017
- Albatross! We have an update on the signing dates and times for Albatross Funnybooks’ Galaktikon #1. Creator Brendon Small will be at Booth #2209 on Friday, July 21 starting at 2PM PT to sign the exclusive metallic variant cover.
SDCC Galaktikon No.1 exclusive at the Eric Powell/Albatross booth (No.2209)! Brendon Small will be there Friday, July 21st to sign! pic.twitter.com/co3778711l
— Albatross Funnybooks (@AlbatrossEFB) June 22, 2017
- Jennifer’s ISOPPIE took to Instagram to post another of her bags she’ll have at the SDCC Art Show, located in the Manchester Grand Hyatt. This one is a D20 Green Arrow bag that features arrows for all the numbers and a target for the “20.”
- If you’ve seen Skybound Comics’ The Walking Dead #171: Fear the Princess, you’ve met their latest badass, The Princess. What’s her backstory? Who is she? The Walking Dead announced that if you cosplay as The Princess this year, you’ll get free swag from them. Stop by AMC’s Booth #4237 and show off your best Princess.
— The Walking Dead (@TheWalkingDead) June 22, 2017
- An eager tweeter posted that clothing designer Jordan Dené will have a panel at SDCC this year, which was confirmed with Dené. Her last-minute change of plans is good news for those of us who enjoy nerd couture. Here are some examples of her designs:
- Artist David Mack is very proud of the American Gods prints he’ll have at his table in Artists Alley. Look for these at Table #CC-19.
— David Mack (@davidmackkabuki) June 22, 2017
- Artist Scott Hattox showed off his finished Optimus Prime he’s been working on for SDCC. Look for him and much more of his work at the Green Hills Entertainment Booth#1829.
- Justin Harder was excited to announce his new prints are ready for him to bring to SDCC. Look for these as well as much more of his work at the CLAUS Studios Small Press Booth #O-08.
— Justin Claus Harder (@clausstudios) June 23, 2017
- Author Marie Andreas announced she will be signing at SDCC this year. Look for her at the Mysterious Galaxy Booth #1119 on Thursday, July 20 at 12PM.
Are you going to San Diego Comic-Con International? I'll be signing 7/20, at noon in the Mysterious Galaxy bookstore booth! Come buy a book! pic.twitter.com/Fk08sWTzMg
— Marie Andreas (@MarieAndreas1) June 22, 2017
- Actress Brea Grant announced she will be signing at SDCC to support the release of her new movie, Beyond the Gates. We’ll keep an eye out for more details as they’re posted.
- If you were one of those many unlucky souls who didn’t score a badge this year, we found a couple opportunities for you to be there and earn some money while you’re at it.
- Event Staffing is looking for Brand Ambassadors, Field Managers, and Costume Characters. They’re offering $15-$25 an hour during all five days of SDCC. See their Craigslist ad to get in touch with them.
- U.S. Security Associates is looking for security guards to work first and second shift during SDCC. They’re offering $15 an hour plus benefits for this position. See their ZipRecruiter ad for more info and how to apply.