WonderCon season is warming up in all the best possible ways. Last week we saw WonderCon hotels open up for reservations and now that you’ve taken care of that (you have, haven’t you?) it’s time to start planning the good stuff. We’ve got a whole handful of cosplay photo shoots to keep you busy, a very well done Meat-Up and even some artist commission info.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Photographers looking to get out from behind the lens and in front of it might want to check out this Photographer Group Shoot on Saturday, March 30.
- Snip snip! Time to sharpen those sewing scissors. Registration is now open for the Wonder Con Masquerade, taking place on Saturday, March 30. Advanced registration is open until March 13, after which you’ll have to sign up at the event, provided space remains (which isn’t likely).
Are you ready for the #WCA2019 Masquerade? We are! Registrations are now open, get out those costuming tools, work on those ideas, and don't forget to register below! https://t.co/0EwhP1FTxT pic.twitter.com/TDZ1NBd8Px
— San Diego Comic-Con (@Comic_Con) December 13, 2018
- Thomas Doherty of Committed Comics shared on Instagram his excitement at being selected to set up shop in the Small Press section.
View this post on Instagram
Got accepted for Comic Con's awesome sister show WonderCon! We'll be in Small Press 59 for the weekend! Come by and check out awesome independent comics! March 29-31 #comiccon #comicbook #wondercon #sdcc #smallpress #popculture #committedcomics #cosplay #anaheim #california #conventioncenter #comics #comicsofinstagram
- Cosplayers who are United States Military Veterans are invited to participate in a very special photo shoot on Saturday, March 30. The WonderCon Cosplay Veteran Salute will take place near the fountain.
- LEGO illustrator and artist Dan Veesenmeyer has posted his convention schedule for 2019, including WonderCon.
My 2019 COMIC CON appearance schedule locked up so far:
Los Angeles/Anaheim CA (First LA show)
WonderCon Mar 29-31
Minneapolis/St Paul MN (yep, going home for a visit!)
MSP Spring Con May 18-19
San Diego CA (5th SDCC Artist Alley appearance)
San Diego Comic_Con July 18-21
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) December 12, 2018
- If your cosplay creation is from the DC Universe, be sure to RSVP to this DC Cosplayer Photo Shoot, scheduled for Saturday, March 30.
- Conversely, if Earth-616 is more your style, you’ll want to RSVP for the Marvel Fan Costume Shoot, also on Saturday, March 30. Fingers crossed these two groups don’t get down like the Sharks versus the Jets.
- Kids Can Cosplay has announced that they will be at WonderCon all weekend. Stop by to meet some of the youngest fans who took playing dress up to a whole new level.
- Come hang with the Belchers at the 3rd Annual WonderCon Bob’s Burgers Meat Up, taking place Saturday, March 30. Special surprise guests have been know to pop in for this event so fans should make this one a priority. Fingers crossed that we’ll see some Toddland involvement!
- 14 year old artist and “nerd about town” Ethan Castillo has announced he’ll be attending WonderCon after missing it in 2018.
I’m confirmed for 2 shows this year. Headed back to @wondercon after missing last year! I’m excited to be at @comic_con again! Let me know if there are any other shows I should try to attend this year! See everyone soon!!! #WonderCon #ComicCon #SDCC #SDCC2019 #SpiderMan pic.twitter.com/uX7HFipBsL
— Ethan Castillo (@EthanCastillo05) January 11, 2019
- Are you bringing your Disney-bounding over to the convention center? Make sure to hit up the Disney Group Photo Shoot on Sunday, March 31st.
- Professional cosplayer and artist Shiyay has posted a convention schedule that includes Artist Alley at WonderCon.
Sihaya’s Convention Schedule 2019
1/4-1/6 – SAC
1/10-1/13 – ALA
1/19-1/20 – Anime Impulse
3/29-3/31 – WonderCon
7/3-7/7 – Anime Expo
11/22-11/24 – Designer Con
Going as a civilian! o/
5/24-5/27 – Fanime
7/18-7/21 – SDCC
— Sihaya@ALA H01+Anime Impulse (@Sihaya_art) January 9, 2019
- Dane Ault of Monkey Minion Press has a busy spring planned, but isn’t missing WonderCon.
View this post on Instagram
It’s beginning to look a lot like Con Season! Here’s our (so far) confirmed con schedule for this year! Is your favorite local show not on this list? Let them know you want to see us there! • • #conseason2019 #2019 #monkeyminionpress #daneault #artistsoninstagram #indieartist #schedule #tour
- If you are hoping to snag some original art from Liam ‘Sharpy’ Sharp, he’s promised to post all the details regarding commissions on his website soon.
I'm sure I'll be doing some drawing at the show. Keep an eye on my site: https://t.co/7RaZju0Umi for when we open a commissions list. 🙂
— Liam 'Sharpy' Sharp (@LiamRSharp) January 12, 2019
- Artist Jen Bartel has also confirmed that she will be offering commissions at WonderCon. We’ll share all the details as soon as Jen posts them.
Yes, I'll be taking some pre-show commissions about a month ahead of the show!
— Jen Bartel (@heyjenbartel) December 11, 2018