WonderCon season is warming up in all the best possible ways. Last week we saw WonderCon hotels open up for reservations and now that you’ve taken care of that (you have, haven’t you?) it’s time to start planning the good stuff. We’ve got a whole handful of cosplay photo shoots to keep you busy, a very well done Meat-Up and even some artist commission info.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Photographers looking to get out from behind the lens and in front of it might want to check out this Photographer Group Shoot on Saturday, March 30.
- Snip snip! Time to sharpen those sewing scissors. Registration is now open for the Wonder Con Masquerade, taking place on Saturday, March 30. Advanced registration is open until March 13, after which you’ll have to sign up at the event, provided space remains (which isn’t likely).
- Thomas Doherty of Committed Comics shared on Instagram his excitement at being selected to set up shop in the Small Press section.
- Cosplayers who are United States Military Veterans are invited to participate in a very special photo shoot on Saturday, March 30. The WonderCon Cosplay Veteran Salute will take place near the fountain.
- LEGO illustrator and artist Dan Veesenmeyer has posted his convention schedule for 2019, including WonderCon.
- If your cosplay creation is from the DC Universe, be sure to RSVP to this DC Cosplayer Photo Shoot, scheduled for Saturday, March 30.
- Conversely, if Earth-616 is more your style, you’ll want to RSVP for the Marvel Fan Costume Shoot, also on Saturday, March 30. Fingers crossed these two groups don’t get down like the Sharks versus the Jets.
- Kids Can Cosplay has announced that they will be at WonderCon all weekend. Stop by to meet some of the youngest fans who took playing dress up to a whole new level.
- Come hang with the Belchers at the 3rd Annual WonderCon Bob’s Burgers Meat Up, taking place Saturday, March 30. Special surprise guests have been know to pop in for this event so fans should make this one a priority. Fingers crossed that we’ll see some Toddland involvement!
- 14 year old artist and “nerd about town” Ethan Castillo has announced he’ll be attending WonderCon after missing it in 2018.
- Are you bringing your Disney-bounding over to the convention center? Make sure to hit up the Disney Group Photo Shoot on Sunday, March 31st.
- Professional cosplayer and artist Shiyay has posted a convention schedule that includes Artist Alley at WonderCon.
- Dane Ault of Monkey Minion Press has a busy spring planned, but isn’t missing WonderCon.
- If you are hoping to snag some original art from Liam ‘Sharpy’ Sharp, he’s promised to post all the details regarding commissions on his website soon.
- Artist Jen Bartel has also confirmed that she will be offering commissions at WonderCon. We’ll share all the details as soon as Jen posts them.