It’s been a busy few days in the world of WonderCon news (which isn’t surprising, as the convention kicks off in just 45 days). Panel confirmations have gone out (though exact details are scarce right now), commissions lists keep opening up, and we’ve even got a look and some hints at prints, exclusives, and more heading to the convention.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- While you’re going to have to wait a little bit longer to see this year’s toddland exclusives for WonderCon (but not too much longer) — they do promise that they’ll have a new Bob’s Burgers tote design.
— toddland #stayrad® (@toddlandstore) February 10, 2019
- Commissioning amazing artists to create amazing custom pieces of art are one of the greatest things about any convention — and as always, we’re very excited that Patrick Ballesteros is once again taking pre-commission spots for the convention. Better hurry, though, if you want to get on his list.
— Patrick Ballesteros SDCC DD-08 (@PatrickBallest) February 7, 2019
- Unfortunately, the legendary Joelle Jones won’t be offering pre-show commissions for WonderCon, due to her busy schedule.
@Joelle_Jones hi, I heard you’ll be at Wondercon. Will you be taking any pre-show commissions?
— John Smith (@johnsmith00042) February 7, 2019
- San Diego based artist Gravity Doll is heading to WonderCon in Artist Alley, so keep an eye out for their adorable pins and artwork.
#artistalley Cons for 2019:
1/4-6 – SAC
1/10-13 – ALA
1/19-20- Anime Impulse
3/29-31- WonderCon (E-49)
4/19-21 – Sakura Con
5/24-27 – Fanime (Civilian)
7/3-7 – Anime Expo
7/18-7/21 – SDCC (Working booth)
11/22-24 – Designer Con pic.twitter.com/n7hN5gIndO
— Gravity Doll (@gravity_doll) February 6, 2019
- Artist kyu showed off an Afterglow print she’ll be bringing to both WonderCon and Katsucon.
afterglow print i will have at katsucon!! maybe i can finish popipa in time …. but depends on how much i love myself LMAO. i'll def have all 5 for wondercon! pic.twitter.com/9apujDHjUq
— kyu @ anime las vegas A49 (@kyupls) February 10, 2019
- The official panel schedule for WonderCon won’t go out until two weeks before the convention (so look for it to drop on March 15) — but official panel confirmations have started going out. Podcast host and accessories maker Michelle Nguyen was among the first to take to Twitter to announce her panel was approved.
— Michelle Nguyen Bradley (@iamchubbybunny) February 5, 2019
- Comic book writer David Faroz Precht also revealed that his panel was approved, though we’ll have to wait for more details.
At WonderCon this year, I'll be doing my first panel. So that's wild.
— David Faroz Precht (@DavidPrecht) February 5, 2019
- Writer and blogger Ken Choy’s panel was also approved — and he offered a hint about the subject matter. Can you guess?
— Ken Choy (@kenchoy) February 5, 2019
- The nerd parody band Library Bards are heading to WonderCon. It’s unclear if they’ll be exhibiting or there in another capacity, but we’ll keep you updated.
You asked for it! Here it is!
The Library Bards 2019 tour schedule!
THE KINGDOM TOUR!
— 🎶 Library Bards! Jazz Hands – NO Shaking Hands!🎶 (@LibraryBards) February 5, 2019
- Are you an aspiring screenwriter, or a scriptwriter looking to make some new networking connections? The non-profit Scriptwriters Network will be on the show floor at Booth #FC-17 in the fan club area, so stop by to meet some fellow writers.
- Comic writer Christopher Reda will be on hand in Artist Alley at Booth B-61 in Artist Alley, where he’ll have copies of Planetary Expansion, Zombie Zero, and more. He’ll also be signing.
I will be exhibiting and signing my comic books @WonderCon Anaheim in March 29-31, 2019! Find me at Artist Alley Booth B-61 where you can read Planetary Expansion, Zombie Zero, Space Dragon, and The First Americans!#comiccon #graphicnovels #comicbooks #comicbook #comics #scifi pic.twitter.com/sJ16Igw2g5
— Christopher Reda (@Chris_Reda) February 7, 2019
- Illustrator and designer Tom Velez has a busy convention schedule this spring, including WonderCon. He’ll have new prints and original artwork for sale.
- GeekFest, a traveling Comic-Con-centric film festival is heading to WonderCon. The festival will be hosting two panels — so stay tuned for more details.
We're very excited to announce that @GeekFilmFests will have a presence at #WonderCon Stay tuned for info on our 2 awesome panels!!
World's Largest Traveling #ComicCon #filmfestival
Here we grow again! pic.twitter.com/zAcDqoebRx
— GeekFest Film Fests (@GeekFilmFests) February 7, 2019