Now that you’ve had the chance to plan what panels you’d like to see, it’s time flesh out those exhibit floor plans. Are you a wandering soul, flitting from booth to booth, or do you methodically go row by row from one end to the other? Either way, you’re going to see some amazing people and we’re here to give you a preview of what you can expect to find. We have a spooky print from Nik Burman, all the Comic Arts Conference programming, more enamel pins than you can shake a lanyard at, and even a live recording with The 4:30 Movie Podcast.
Let’s take a look at what you might have missed.
- Let’s start with the bad news and get it out of the way. Fans hoping to have Brian Michael Bendis sign their comics should leave said comics at home. According to his Twitter, he will not be attending WonderCon.
- Denver based artist Dailen Ogden confirmed that she is bringing some enchanting enamel pins featuring her design of a fox.
The boys are (and I cannot stress this enough) back in town
Backing cards arrive tomorrow and then all the preorders will ship!💕 pic.twitter.com/wQCrFh2sWc
— Dailen ꙮgden (@DailenOgden) March 7, 2019
- And while we’re on the subject of animal inspired pins, check out these from artist Megan Porch. These royal kittens are her first (but hopefully not last) enamel pins. Scoop them up at WonderCon.
- Bottom’s up Burger fans! Artist Andy Tune created this Bob’s Burger/Archer inspired mash-up and etched it onto a pint glass. He’ll have these and much more available at his booth. Hop on over or you’ll be left thirsty.
- Jenna Gray offered a peek at what can only be described as a bad-a$$ mermaid, which you’ll be able to purchase as a print at WonderCon.
- We’ve already seen some of the items Morghan Gill will be bring with her to WonderCon , but she keeps adding to the bounty. On Twitter she showed off another mermaid original piece.
Working on more mini originals for WonderCon at the end of the month 🧜♀️ pic.twitter.com/0kBp8TKTs0
— Morghan Gill-Bedford✨ Looking for Work (April) (@teatigercafe) March 11, 2019
- You can join the 4:30 Movie Podcast for a live recording at WonderCon on March 29. They will be celebrating “Disney Week” while being just a stone’s throw from the original park.
— 430moviepodcast (@430moviepodcast) March 11, 2019
- Paola Olivares has been working hard for WonderCon and showed off this adorable Filipino comic character, Darna. Paola will have a sticker, button and an enamel pin featuring this design.
- And….inspired by her own “Super Boy”, Paola will also have button and an enamel pin of this cutie! This is Paola’s 5th WonderCon anniversary so be sure to stop by and wish her well.
- Artist Vanessa Solis will have a selection of pin-up art at her booth, and we suspect this throwback Captain Marvel piece won’t last long.
- Comic-Con International announced their programming for their Comics Arts Conference, which focuses on the academic side of comic books. The CAC runs during WonderCon and all attendees are welcome. You can expect panels highlighting diversity, Hollywood cross overs, comics as literacy, and so much more. Speakers include WonderCon special guest Damian Duffy, discussing comics in academia and Sydney Heifler from The University of Oxford discussing global changes in gender identity via romance comics.
- Disney and Lucasfilm artist Alex Iniguez teased a beautiful Black Widow piece, indicating that it would be for release at this Artist Alley booth, #B-43.
- Finishing on the spook side, here is Nik Burman’s Pennywise art, soon to be available as a print at WonderCon.