We have a fully-stocked edition of Under the Tents for you this morning — with Trader Sam’s x Star Wars prints, confirmation of a certain Block Party, so many amazing prints and originals from amazing artists, and a truly epic line-up from Fantagraphics Books. And that’s just to start.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- If you’ve been waiting on official, public confirmation of The Impractical Jokers Block Party returning — here it is. Straight from an Impractical Joker himself, James Murr.
For sure. The block party!
— Murr (@jamessmurray) June 18, 2019
- This donut from Jungle Boy Productions just wants to live its best life. You can peep the new line at SDCC next month at Booth #1417.
- Artist Todd Nauck, and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Burrito!Peter Parker lookalike, has opened his commissions list for SDCC 2019, with prices starting at just $50 for a black and white 7″x10″ head shot. Find more information on his site.
- Something is starting, right now. Something is starting, oh wow. And it’s these adorable My Little Pony 6″x9″ watercolors from Diana Leto, which will be at SDCC. Leto has also been working on a Tink original.
- We are waiting with baited breath for Penguin Random House’s San Diego Comic-Con 2019 signing schedule, and based on this tweet from Logan Balestrino, it’s coming together.
— Logan 🍖🍃 Balestrino (@LoganPayge) June 21, 2019
- We’ve been loving artist Morgan Gill’s Stained Glass series of prints heading to SDCC, and this Sun 11″x17″ piece is FIRE. You can see it in person at Artists’ Alley HH-07.
- If tiny adorable things are your jam, then be sure to check out Booth #1703 for these Inki Drop SDCC exclusive Rainbow Metallic Finish Norwhal pins. They’re limited to only 100 pieces, so better hurry.
- Hanging Chad Entertainment will have two new comics for SDCC next month — The Adventures of Mighty Moose #5 and Justice Squad #2. Head to Small Press L-09 to check them out.
— J. Lynn Warner (@josh_L_warner) June 21, 2019
- Our friends at BeKyoot are busy creating all new adorable postcards, booth menus, stickers, and pinbackers for you. You’re definitely going to want to add Booth #2449 to your list.
— BeKyoot (@bekyoot) June 21, 2019
- What a line-up! Fantagraphics Books will have a host of talent at Booth #1721, including Mary Fleener, Paco Roca, Ulli Lust, Stan Sakai, Hernandez Bros., Simon Hanselmann, Ezra Clayton Daniels, and MORE still to be announced. Holy wow.
Yup! Official Special Guests include Mary Fleener, Paco Roca, Ulli Lust and Stan Sakai, but we'll also have the Hernandez Bros, Simon Hanselmann, Ezra Claytan Daniels and more folks tba!
— Fantagraphics (@fantagraphics) June 21, 2019
- If you want to get your hands on these Lea Hernadez Seidman Witch Bunny enamel pins in time for Comic-Con, you better hurry.
- Artist Dave Correia showed off a brand new oil painting heading for the Comic-Con International Art Show.
TwoFace. Another little oil painting for SDCC. In other news, I got a cool apron for when I paint…so I’m pretty excited about that. 🎉 pic.twitter.com/mismv1DaJ0
— Dave Correia (@davecorreia) June 22, 2019
- Unfortunately, artist Diana Greenhalgh won’t be able to take pre-convention commissions this year. But, catch her at Artists’ Alley BB-10 on-site and get on the list.
- Jin Yung Kim has a gorgeous new SDCC exclusive print heading to the convention, in honor of 35 years of Transformers. You can pick-up The Rise and Fall of Prime at Artists’ Alley CC-08.
- Kimi E Crafts will be doing art drops at Comic-Con, including this amazing Sorcerer Mickey piece.
- It’s not a trap — it’s a trip! LEGO artist Dan Veesenmeyer has several new prints for San Diego Comic-Con next month, including this tiki-themed Akbar, and a new Kingdom Hearts Sora print. TWO SHOTS OF RUM! Catch Veesenmeyer at Artists’ Alley HH-23.
My newest print completed. Available during San Diego Comic-Con 2019! #SDCC
“IT’S A TRIP!”
LEGO Ackbar is my fav. pic.twitter.com/wYVtyDthFR
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) June 22, 2019
That’s three new prints so far for SDCC.
More to come. pic.twitter.com/bM17aKxKSP
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) June 22, 2019
- NSURGO teased something they’ve got going on at Booth #5601 next month.