A scant five weeks from now we’ll be in the thick of SDCC. That means six weeks from now, we’ll all have the post-con blues. But let’s not focus on the negative, let’s accentuate the positive with a load of new announcements from Alex Pardee, Terry Moore, Lea Hernandez Seidman and more.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Strangers in Paradise creator Terry Moore stopped sketching in hardcovers long enough to design a new shirt that he will have at Comic-Con, which will be printed by Graphitti.
- Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead executive producer Gale Anne Hurd will be at Comic-Con and hopes to see you there. Same, Gale, same. We hope this is another sign that we’ll see a nice big Walking Dead panel.
— Gale Anne Hurd (@GunnerGale) June 12, 2019
- Artist Mitch Gerads gave us a glimpse of his Mister Miracle print that will debut at SDCC. Looks like only 25 copies will be available so if you want one, make it a priority!
Nab this LIMITED EDITION MISTER MIRACLE Fine Art Print only at @Comic_Con 2019!
– Signed and numbered. Only 25
– Pricing will be based on remarked/raw stock
– Available at my @ComicSketchArt / @sequenceart table in Artist Alley.#SDCC #SDCC2019 #MisterMiracle #DCComics pic.twitter.com/duAfc01SCS
— Mitch Gerads (@MitchGerads) June 12, 2019
- If you missed out on James Silvani’s commissions (which were posted in our constantly updates List of Open Art Commissions page), fear not! He’ll have a load of originals available on site, at Booth #5555.
- Writer and artist Jeff Lemire recently sent out his newsletter and told fans to keep watching for more SDCC details to be announced soon. He’ll be signing at both Dark Horse and Image, and partaking in the DC Black Label panel.
- MonkeyMan was appreciative that we posted about his SDCC plans in UTT, so much so that he gave us a peek at some of the other things he’ll have there.
— Official MonkeyMan (@MonkeyMan504) June 12, 2019
- Artist Lea Hernandez Seidman is offering small original pieces of art for an incredibly reasonable price, you can even make requests.
- Victoria Ying has created a print version of a comic that previously appeared online called My Mother Tongue. She will have them at San Diego Comic-Con. The cover features some beautiful calligraphy work done by her grandfather.
I made a cover for the print version of my comic that appeared on The Nib! The background is a page from calligraphy made by my grandfather. Buy it at SDCC! pic.twitter.com/tvcZ5Pp7x2
— Victoria Ying HUNGRY GHOST April 25 (@victoriaying) June 13, 2019
- Another item you can find at Alex Pardee’s already well stocked booth is his mini-comic, The Pinfolk. Chances of this book being entirely bonkers is 100%.
— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) June 13, 2019
- Committed Comics is offering a fantastic bonus for pre-ordering issue #4 of their Adventures of Miss Minirver comic, a signed and numbered button set! You can find them and get in on this offer at Small Press O-08.
- Speaking of buttons and pins and all things that stick, the folks at the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast have released an image of their pin which will be a Comic-Con exclusive.
— The Major Wrestling Figure Podcast (@MajorWFPod) June 13, 2019
- And finally, continuing with the “sticking” theme…Carla Wyzgala let us see a sticker she’ll have at SDCC, and teases that it’s a hint about her exclusive print she’s working on.