With WonderCon postponed indefinitely, we’re putting our focus into WonderCon Online. We’ll be hosting a virtual tele-cast on Saturday, April 11 — and we’ve already put together a resource for how to shop WonderCon Artist Alley and some other vendors. While WonderCon not happening this spring is sad for everyone, it’s especially devastating for artists and small vendors who were likely relying on these cons to help make ends meet. So go shop these wonderful artists and vendors from the comfort of your own home!
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Toss a coin to your Witcher… You actually can toss a coin to your Witcher with the help of Nick Kremenek’s awesome The Witcher coin, available on his Etsy.
I am now putting all the new #WonderCon debuting #art and #swag I was creating up for sale online. The first is the Witcher Coin!https://t.co/UVluX5JUEv
Your #Witcher calls! Make sure you have the coin to pay him with!#WonderConOnline #supportyourartists #nickkremenekart pic.twitter.com/mPz3jHVQGS
— Nick Kremenek (WonderCon Booth C-36) (@NickKremenek) March 13, 2020
- But that’s not all Kremenek has up his sleeve (or proton pack), as he also has some fun Ghostbusters pins available in his Etsy shop.
Another #pin I was debuting at @WonderCon is the #Ghostbusters “Back Off Man” now up for preorder on my #Etsy store! 👻https://t.co/luimsdCEbN
.#nickkremenekart #lapelpin #metalwork #WonderConOnline #WonderPost #AmplifyArtists #ArtistOnTwitter #IAintAfraidofNoGhosts #scifiart pic.twitter.com/IFnO1C4hsE
— Nick Kremenek (WonderCon Booth C-36) (@NickKremenek) March 17, 2020
- Artist Faheema Chaudhury, also known as Unicorn Crafts, is offering 20% off online orders with the code SUPPORT . Go purchase pins, jewelry, prints, and more from her shop now.
With shows like WonderCon being postponed, it’s been tough for my small business. To help ease the pain of con season being cancelled I’m offering 20% off all orders with code SUPPORT https://t.co/piIT7oA8Nh #WonderConOnline
— Faheema Chaudhury (@Unicorn_Crafts) March 13, 2020
- Our friends at Fat Rabbit Farm need your support! Go shop their online store and use code SAVEBABEE to get 30% off your entire purchase.
View this post on Instagram
Dear FRF Family, We sincerely hope everyone is safe and healthy. We know you probably don’t want to hear another darn thing about COVID-19 and how its affecting people. Although we know everyone will get through this under any circumstance, our hearts go out to all those affected by this. With broken hearts, we need to share with you all some important news about our small business. Over the past 13 years, you guys have allowed us to create these wonderful and inspiring characters to share with you all to enjoy. A lot of you have been fans with us since day one and that means the world to us. With recent news of California and other states putting bans on all events for at least the next two months, this will more than likely put us to the ground. We wish there was another way to say this. But that’s the reality of it. These two upcoming months were one of the busiest times for us, with lots of financial preparation invested into these events that have now been cancelled. We want to and HAVE to stay positive about everything of course. It’s almost surreal how much the impact is affecting so many aspects of people’s lives. It’s like Thanos just snapped his fingers and half of us are gone at an instance. Just like that. We don’t want to close the doors on Babee and Pandi, especially in times like this. We want to keep fighting. Happiness, love, laughs and smiles is all we have to get everyone through the day. It’s hard for us to keep a smile at times like this and we look forward to smiling times again. Going by the rate things are at the moment, we will not be able to keep a roof over our heads for long. We have already been looking for alternative sources of income to get by, but that will take some time. With not much to no aid at all for small businesses going through times like this, we need your support more than ever! We hope, if you can, you could support us and what we have built for over past 13 years and keep us going through this. (Cont. in comment)
- This would have been artist Rio Burton’s first year exhibiting at WonderCon — so go show her and her work some love by shopping her online store.
— Rio Burton – Sir Not Appearing At This Con (@RioBurtonArtist) March 14, 2020
- MSK, also known as Eyebleed Pink, is currently offering commissions through Kofi to help offset the losses of the cancelled con.
I’ll be accepting character commissions via Kofi to help recover my losses from this year’s convention cancellations. Retweets are much appreciated! Thank you!⭐️ #artistalleyonline #WonderConOnline https://t.co/mtm5q3iJQo
— MSK @ Wondercon Online (@hydrogenpink) March 17, 2020
- We love the adorable chibi world of Val Hochberg — and be sure to keep an eye out in the coming days/weeks for these cutie stickers, magnets, and charms coming to her online shop.
New stickers & magnets I ordered for #Wondercon before I knew it was gonna be cancelled lololol
I’m gonna put these for sale on my online store, but I’m gonna wait til my new CHARMS come in! Cuz if people want those too, I want to save on shipping costs 😁#WonderConOnline pic.twitter.com/ujGoTczaFF
— Valval 💖 (@kickgirl) March 18, 2020
- No one does out-of-this-world space-themed artwork quite like Monkey Minion, and Dane has done it again with a limited edition SSV Normandy Mass Effect 12×36 Spaceship print. It retails for $75, and is limited to 100 pieces — and you can purchase it now.
New in the shop! SSV NORMANDY SR2. This was a lot of fun to draw. The Normandy SR2 was a beautiful ship design.https://t.co/2wXaL4v8FO #masseffect #normandy #daneault #monkeyminion #spaceship #eccconline #artistalleyonline #spaceart #wondercononline #planetcomicon pic.twitter.com/xKR8gxGIas
— MonkeyMinion Stay Home Save Lives (@monkeyminion) March 12, 2020
- California-based artist Limpachi has added new 11×17 prints to her store for #WonderConOnline, so go shop!
since my shows are being canceled/postponed, i added 11×17 prints to my store!!
— lim 😤 🎮 FF PS1 Trilogy (@limpachu) March 14, 2020
- Looking for some awesome Pride dice for your next tabletop RPG game? HeartBeat Dice is offering 10% off with code Wondercon so get to buying!
With WonderCon postponed until further notice along with ECCC, a lot of small businesses who were suppose to exhibit are going to be out a lot of money/time/exposure/travel expenses, including ourselves. pic.twitter.com/4szUWNyMC4
— HeartBeat Dice (@HeartBeatDice) March 13, 2020
- Author, illustrator, and creator Rhode Montijo will be launching some of his goodies in his online store for #WonderConOnline, but until then, there’s still plenty of fun items to shop for.
Just got word that next month’s Wondercon has been postponed (which is a responsible move to do). I was hoping to debut some of my new goodies there but keep an eye here over the days to come. Here’s a peek!- Rhode#jollyjacks #letsgojollyjacks pic.twitter.com/Cnd67HQ26G
— Rhode Montijo (@RhodeMontijo) March 13, 2020
- WonderCon may not be happening this spring, but you can still be Big Damn Heroes with the California Browncoats! Help support their online fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association.
Sitting at home with nothing to do? Us too. So we started a #WonderConOnline Alzheimer’s Association fundraizer! No Wondercon experience is complete without a visit to the CABC! https://t.co/pS0IWHa8vX
— California Browncoats (@CABrowncoats) March 15, 2020
- Artist Mai Van specializes in dinos and space-themed artwork, and there’s plenty of both and more in her online store. Best of all? Get free shipping with code ARTISTALLEY
My webstore is also open if you need something fun to look at while self-isolating! Link in my profile 😊 Use code ARTISTALLEY for free shipping! I’ll also be participating in #WonderConOnline – more info on this soon!
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay kind to each other 💙
— Mai ★ At home (@whyst) March 16, 2020
- Sarah Leuver offered a sneak peek of her DC-themed prints which will be available in April for #WonderConOnline. Which is your favorite?
— Sarah Leuver (@comickergirl) March 18, 2020
- Artist Michi Doan is offering 10% off online orders over $50 with code WONDERCON20 — and you can even get free shipping with the promo code FREESHIP20 if your order is over $60. Go shop now!
I’m offering art prints in my online shop. Use WONDERCON20 for 10% off any order over $50. Use discount code FREESHIP20 for any order over $60. Thank You! <3 https://t.co/Rx2nIn4krP#WonderConOnline #WonderCon #artistalleyonline pic.twitter.com/LQ2NVstF07
— Michi Doan Art @ WonderCon A39 (@michidoan) March 16, 2020
- Need some adorable apparel, keychains, and more to cheer you up? Head to wrabbit’s store!
— wrabbit @ artist alley online (@graywrabbit) March 13, 2020
- Ollybits has re-launched her online store, complete with adorable charms that would have been heading to WonderCon.
— Ollybits (Olivia) ➡️ #WonderConOnline & NCCBF 2020 (@ollybits) March 21, 2020
- Illustrator and creator of adorable things, Glimsprout, has tons of new items available for purchase — including stickers, wood pins, stickers, lanyards, pouches, charms, and more.
This week’s orders-Ty for supporting artists during this crazy time🙏 pls remember to wash hands after handling packages💛
— glimsprout🌿⭕️wondercon✧C26 (@cosmicloak) March 20, 2020
My spring cons were cancelled-thanks for encouraging artists to share!
I sell wood pins, stickers,lanyards, pouches, charms +
Animals, Magical girl and pastel goth, witchy, plants and retro anime things
— glimsprout🌿⭕️wondercon✧C26 (@cosmicloak) March 20, 2020
new items on my shop- handmade resin charms and limited copies of Ye Saga Continues #zine
— glimsprout🌿⭕️wondercon✧C26 (@cosmicloak) March 21, 2020
New zipper pouches!⚜️
Im making a merch catalogue once more stock arrives-est.March 28. Pls support artists who are struggling due to closures.
— glimsprout🌿⭕️wondercon✧C26 (@cosmicloak) March 13, 2020