Future Tech Live!
The VR/AR Association is once again bringing the future of virtual reality, AI, and gaming to San Diego Comic-Con with Future Tech Live! This is an official Comic-Con event, and as such, badges will likely be required.
You can join them along with gaming companies, tech innovators, and Hollywood studios for immersive events and experiences, including a Space Zone, in which attendees can walk on the moon with their friends on a virtual lunar mission, enter a pop-up planetarium from UCSD’s astrophysics center, and experience the International Space Station in VR. You’ll find them at The Omni Hotel:
- Thursday, July 18 9:30AM-7PM
- Friday, July 19 9:30AM-7PM
- Saturday, July 20 9:30AM-7PM
- Sunday, July 21 9:30AM-5PM
This year’s immersive experiences include:
- LEGENDS OF LIGHTFALL – Explore the world of The Legends of Lightfall, a brand new comic series filled with cutting-edge technology and vivid visuals. Join Kort, Sofia, Treads, and their hover droid, ABDA, on a treacherous quest as they grapple with Lightstalkers, marauders, and poisonous air on the perilous path to the underground city of Steamhaven.
- NOITOM– Noitom focuses on mapping the human body, its movements and interaction with the environment. The company’s name, Noitom, the word ‘motion’ spelled backwards, embraces its dedication to the art of motion capture. See what their innovative mapping and haptics can do when you interact with the hero Kort from “Legends of Lightfall.”
- NORTH AR – A darling of this year’s CES, North’s Focals are custom-built smart glasses with a holographic display only you can see. Focals smart glasses let you see all the things you love without looking down at your phone.
- RAYMOND VR – Raymond’s Virtual Reality Simulator is used in the industrial sector, as a cutting edge tool that can simplify everything from hiring to teaching to developing employees for enhanced performance and efficiency. It makes VR not just fun, but powerful for work too.
- DEPLOY VR – Based right in San Diego, Deploy both builds VR & AR systems and activates multiplayer, untethered arena VR experiences. Here, attendees can have a blast attacking the castle and fighting dragons in Dragon Tower VR.
- VR ART BATTLE! – Deploy VR is also overseeing a competition in which attendees can draw and sculpt in VR… competing against other attendees. On your mark, get set, paint!
- VR LEO – Redefining arcade fun, VR Leo introduces a new way for people to experience VR as arcade games. Their unique platforms allow for a multi-sensory experience.
- TEAM BUNNY – What do you do when you come face to mask with a part robot/ part human assassin dressed in a high-tech all black bunny suit. From the mind of visionary creator Patrick Ecclesine, and showcasing incredible cutting edge production technology, venture into Bunny’s world, if you dare; come away with one helluva selfie.
- EDGE XR – Fusing the worlds of hip-hop, rap, marital arts and comic books, the Edge XR augmented reality app places you in worlds you may never want to leave. A creative partnership of acclaimed film director Matty Rich and emerging rapper Lazarus.
- COLLEGIATE VR – VR has made its way to college campuses, with VR esports clubs setting up and competing in VR games. Here, they literally get attendees in gear, to play VR games such as: Beat Saber, Echo Arena, Space Pirate, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
- SPRITE LIGHTS – Whose says tech can’t be fashionable and fun? These quirky LED fueled designs will make you smile and make you want to play with them all day long.
- SONY KOOV – Discover the coding and robotics kit for the innovators of tomorrow. Perfect in the classroom or at home, KOOV is a comprehensive solution for STEAM education with everything needed to start building robots.
- ALICE SPACE LUNAR WALK VR EXPERIENCE – Developed in collaboration with NASA by Noitom, Alice Space takes participants to a mixed reality environment where they land on the moon, interact with controls and with other players inside of the spacecraft, and eventually walk onto the surface of the moon to explore the terrain, engage with props and look up to planet Earth. Up to six guests at one time will be able to don virtual reality goggles and VR backpacks to freely roam the inside of a NASA workstation and then explore the surface of the moon in mixed reality. The experience is so realistic, it has brought some NASA officials to tears. Only seen by the public in Tokyo, this debuts in North America here at Comic-Con.
- MISSION: ISS – Explore the International Space Station 250 miles above Earth with this VR experience from MAGNOPUS. Learn to move around modules in zero gravity, examine experiments and missions being performed on the Station. Dock a resupply capsule, and go on an EVA to check out the exterior of the Station.
- UCSD – CENTER FOR ASTROPHYSICS & SPACE SCIENCE (CASS) Pop-up Planetarium – Walk into this portable planetarium that inflates like a bounce house, and experience the wonders of the cosmos, with members of the UCSD Division of Physical Sciences as your guides.
- SAN DIEGO AIR & SPACE MUSEUM – The museum in Balboa Park in San Diego brings some actual Space craft to exhibit… for ultimate selfies.
- FLEET SCIENCE CENTER – The acclaimed San Diego institution is bringing fun its celebrated “Two Scientists Walk into a Bar” experience — which means several of the best and brightest of the area scientists will be on hand to answers attendee’s questions!
- BLOCKCHAINBTM – They are rolling out Bitcoin ATM (i.e., “BTM”) machines across the country, with more than 20 already deployed. Withdraw some bitcoin yourself.